Red lights

Inside The Dark

 

Sehun stares at the spell Kris had given him, gently stabbing it in the wood of his chest with the ritual knife. He can’t believe how stupidly simple this ing spell is. He groans and with one last stab, buries the knife deep into the lid and shuts his book. When he notices his mom stop at his open door, he sneakily shoves the book under his bed, as well as his knife. When the closet door almost opens, the punk scoots over to quickly slam his back and force it closed. “Sehun, what are you-” Kai begins.

 

“Hey, mom,” Sehun interrupts as she steps into the room. She furrows her brows at the chest.

 

“What is that?” She asks. From her voice and her eyes, he can tell she had been crying. He would have immediately comforted her if this was months ago, but it's different now. 

 

“A chest,” He answers flatly.

 

“What...is inside it?”

 

“Occult things,” He replies honestly. When the colour seems to disappear from her face and scoffs, standing now. “Relax, I’m getting rid of it.”

 

“O-oh! How come?”

 

“It’s all wrong,” He mumbles. When she looks at him oddly, he sighs. “I guess it just doesn’t interest me anymore.”

 

“That’s a relief,” she clears . He opens the chest and kneels in front of it, starting to look around for something. “Sehun…”

 

“Hmm?” When his mom gets quiet, he frowns and glances back at her. “What?”

 

“Your father...your father, he…” She shakes as she brings a tissue out from her pocket. “T...the doctors, they said he doesn’t have long, o-only a few days and then he’ll...he’ll die.” Sehun stares at her for a moment before letting out a sigh. He turns back to what he was doing, uncomfortably silence filling the room. “Sehun?”

 

“What do you want me to say?” The punk asks. “I’m sorry for you but I can’t be sad he’s dying.”

 

“Sehun! That’s...that’s so heartless!”

 

“Heatless?!” Sehun slams the chest shut and stands up, turning back to her. “Heartless?! Let me tell you about being heartless, woman!” he begins to shout. “That man tormented me, abused me! He found out his precious son likes other boys so he decides to stuff him in a tiny closet, screaming for help!” He snaps. “He made my life a living hell! And honestly, whoever did what they did...I want to thank him. It’s like having a guardian demon or something”

 

“D-demon?!”

 

“Well what kind of angel would do this, huh? Put the people who hurt me into hospitals,” He shakes his head. “I...I don’t care that dad’s dying; I’m going to be FREE,” He sneers harshly.

His mother stares at him with bewilderment, clenching her cross close to her. She slowly backs up before turning and running down the hall. He sighs before walking over and slamming the door. “Thanks for closing my door,” He mumbles before going back to his search. He glances over when the door of his closet slowly opens to reveal Kai. “There you are,” He mumbles. He pulls out the candles he had used for the demon’s summoning, as well as everything else. 

 

“You truly don’t care?”

 

“You can feel my emotions,” Sehun points out calmly. “What do you think?”

 

“You feel...calm, collected...confused.”

 

“All cs, huh?” He sighs and sits back. “I’m confused because...why am I not upset?”

 

“All the reasons you just said,” the demon says, sitting on the boy’s bed. “He tormented you.”

 

“It’s my father. Should I be sad, Kai?”

 

“No,” He answers quickly. He glances at the sunset outside the window. “Will you be sleeping tonight?”

 

Sehun rubs his eyes and shrugs. “I don’t know.”

 

“You haven’t slept for three days.”

 

“I know…”

 

Sehun shakes his head and stands. He puts the things he needs, including his spellbook and ritual knife, into his floorboard. After putting the chest back into the closet, he shuts it and sighs. Not caring if Kai watches, which he seems to, the punk begins to strip; pulling off his pants, bracelets, everything; even his underwear. After he removes his make-up, he motions. The demon stands up slowly, letting the boy crawl into his bed. “What’re you going to do?”

 

Kai shakes his head. “I’m going to stay here and keep an eye out. I don’t trust Kris at all.”

 

“Me neither,” He admits. Letting out a sigh, he turns away and pulls his knees up. He smiles when the light is turned off but the glow of his night light appears. “Thanks…”

 

“Sleep well, Sehun.”

 

“Yeah...we’ll see.”



 

Sehun stares at the ceiling, the red glow illuminating it dimly. He swallows hard and slowly turns his back to the mirror on his wall as he breathes heavily. What’s wrong with him? He’s not bothered by his father’s coming death  and yet he can’t sleep. He feels anxious. Too anxious. He groans and sits up. “I’m so dumb,” He groans and messes up his hair. He hasn’t slept in three days and yet...he stops at that. Biting his lip, he thinks back to what Kris had said. How demons can calm humans through physical touch. He feels his cheeks warm up as he slowly looks at the closet door. Slowly touching his lips, he remembers the kiss and how it calmed him down. If a simple kiss can do that, what could more do? “What?!” He gasps and shakes his head. “Idiot! As if that demon would…” He gets up quickly and pulls on his sweatpants. He slowly heads down the stairs, to the kitchen, and gets a glass of water. Not wanting to face his mother, he makes the trip a brief one. He sets it down on his nightstand, groaning again. All he can think of is that stupid kiss.

 

When he feels that familiar feeling in his gut, the same he usually only gets with Tao, he curses under his breath and dives into his bed. He pulls the blankets over his head and shuts his eyes tightly. He desperately tries to push these feelings away. God, he’s so ed.

 

“Sehun?”

 

He gasps and jumps a little at the sudden voice. He slowly pops his head out and furrows his brows at Kai; the man's eyes glowing in the dark. “K-Kai, what is it?”

 

“What’s wrong? Your emotions feel strange.”

 

Sehun clears his throat as he slowly sits up. “I...I um…” He clears his throat and looks down. He’s so confident with . So, what the hell is wrong with him now? “It’s nothing. I can’t concentrate. I feel...I don’t know, I feel weird.”

 

“I see...have you been talking to Tao?” He asks, crossing his arms.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Have you spoken with Tao at all tonight? The last time I felt this from you, it was with him.”

 

“Feeling...what way?” He asks nervously, glad his blankets are covering him. The way the demon looks right now is honestly, extremely attractive. Shirtless and a stern expression. The way his brows are knitted together with both concern and confusion. The red glow from his light hits the demon’s tan skin, causing it to give him a dark but almost ual look. He shivers and tears his eyes from the man. “N-no, I haven’t spoken to him since….we had breakfast and he left for...China.” He lets out a shaky sigh as he tightens his grip on his blankets. Kai seems to notice. 

 

“Why are you so-”

 

“Kris told me something,” He interrupts. “A-about demons…”

 

“What about them?”

 

He’s not sure what’s wrong with him tonight. “How can temporarily erase the pains and worries of humans,” he says quietly. Kai stares at him with an unreadable expression.

 

“I see,” He finally says, beginning to unbuckle his pants.

 

“W-what are you doing?!”

 

“You feel that way because of me,” Kai says as he steps out of the clothing that pools by his ankles. “You’re drawn to my ual aura, appearance, and physique. As a human, it’s natural for you-”

 

“I just want to relax,” Sehun interrupts. “Just because you’re hot as hell...it’s just a bonus.”

 

“You...only want to have with me for my powers?”

 

The punk rolls his eyes. “Kai, I...wouldn’t ask just any demon to do this.”

 

“So you like me…”

 

Sehun scoffs and looks away. “Like you. Do you even know what you’re-” All of his words are cut off and his emotions suddenly die down into a steady stream of calmness as lips press against his own. He lets out a surprised groan, subconsciously bringing his hands up to Kai’s bare shoulders. He’s pushed onto his back as they stay connected, this kiss is more feverish and rough than the last. It’s the type that makes his previous feeling of desire intensify.  When the demon pulls back, Sehun gasps for air. “What...what happened to never ing a human?”

 

“You proved yourself, or whatever.”

 

Sehun puts a hand on his chest, stopping when he goes back for another kiss; it causes Kai to growl and sits up. Which, in all honesty, the punk realizes now is a new kink for him. “That’s a bull reason!”

 

Kai groans. “Fine,” He sighs. “I not only find you beautiful, for a human, but I’m sick of how hurt you are all the time. You need at least..a moment of some happiness or a damn break.”

 

Sehun stares at him oddly, unsure how to feel about that. Does this demon care? He smiles weakly, touched by his concern. His hand shakes as he gently touches Kai’s cheek and slowly leans up. The kiss he gives the demon is soft, gentle, thankful. And the kindest he’s ever given. The glow of Kai’s eyes intensifies at that moment and when the human goes to pull away, he leans forward; once again connecting. It’s not rough like the only one. He ushers the punk to lay back down, hovering over him now. “Just...relax, alright?”

 

“Hard to with your eyes.”

 

“Do you...want me to get rid of them?”

 

Sehun shakes his head. “I...I like them.”

 

“Good,” Kai huffs, now laying kisses along the punk’s jaw and neck.

 

“W-wait, my mother-”

 

“She’s at the hospital, visiting your father,” Kai cuts in. “Seriously, you need to relax.”

 

Sehun lets out a shaky sigh as he sets his head back on his pillow. He watches the demon carefully as he grabs the punk’s sweatpants and begins to pull them off. He lifts his hips to help, trying not to feel nervous as they’re tossed to the side. Kai pushes  Sehun’s legs open, raising a brow. “I...see. I did not know you had a piercing on there too.” 

 

“S-s-stop staring, would you?” Sehun mumbles, trying to hide piercings on his pelvis. He nervously groans as the demon gently rubs the metal nubs. “Come on, stop the-” He’s interrupted when Kai gently flicks them. 

 

“So…” The demon slowly runs his thumb along Sehun’s lower lip. “Where else are you pierced, hmm?”

 

Sehun hates how flustered this damn demon makes him. He grabs onto the man’s arms and whispers into his ear. “Why don’t you explore and find out?”

 

Kai’s chuckle is deep and amused, sending shivers down his spine. “Well,” He uses his thumb to open Sehun’s mouth and a brow. “I’ve seen this one a few times when you talk,” He says, talking about his tongue. “Hips, ears, eyebrow....”

 

“Look, stop-” Sehun lets out a gasp when he’s suddenly pushed into. The punk looks down with wide eyes. “Wh...why didn’t that...hurt?”

 

The demon slowly grins, leaning down to kiss his collarbone. “Demons...are fascinating, don’t you think?”

 

Sehun laughs weakly, feeling strange. “You um...really are.” Regardless of some, weird demon voodoo or something, Kai sits still; just in case it does hurt. Assuming he’s trying to feel for pain. After a moment, the demon slides in further, holding onto Sehun’s legs. The punk moans as he’s pushed into, slow at first, almost like a courtesy. “Kai,” he breaths. “Stop...being so damn gentle! You’re a demon, right?!”

 

“What?”

 

“Look at me!” he motions to his appearance. “I can take it.”

 

“I’m...a demon, Sehun, Need I remind you? I’m not sure you humans can handle it.”

 

Sehun scoffs and forces the demon to sit up. Grabbing onto the man’s shoulders, he straddles his lap; once again letting Kai enter him. There’s something about the lack of pain that begins to drive him. He’s so used to feeling it with Tao but to be able to do this without any of it. It causes him to test it out, rocking his hips up and down and in circles. The look on Kai’s face causes him to shiver; parted lips, and what seems to be surprised. Sehun’s rear is roughly grabbing, guiding him to bounce faster and harder; and he’s more than happy to. He’s eager, unable to hold in his moans that fill the room. This feeling is new, foreign. It makes him want more, so much more. And Kai gets that. Forcing him back on his back, the demon grabs Sehun’s hips tightly as he gets on his knees, making it so much easier to into him roughly. 

 

“S-!” The punk pants, grabbing onto the sheets below him as his lower half is lifted in this new position. He can feel the demon’s strength when he’s practically man-handled. Every pushes him further into the pleasure he’s never felt before. He swears he becomes a bit dizzy. His laugh is shaky as he stares back at him with half-lidded eyes; letting the man slam roughly into him. 

 

“Hold onto me,” Kai growls. Sehun does as he says, wrapping arms around the man’s neck. Kai grabs Sehun tightly, easily able to carry him as he stands. Seeming to use his pure strength, the demon continues to bounce the punk on him. He moans and pants heavily into Kai’s ear and drags his nails along Kai’s tan back, gasping. “K-Kai,” He pants. “W-wait…” He loses his train of thought when he’s grabbed by his thighs and lifted, his back slamming against the wall. The demon slams up into him, growling against his neck. “Ooh, oh god,” Sehun moans breathlessly. His hands ball up in platinum hair, pulling it tightly. After a particularly hard , Kai pauses momentarily.

 

“What? You want me to stop?” Kai smirks, momentarily glancing down at Sehun’s pink, parted lips. “I can if you want.”

 

 Sehun’s body trembles at the sight of glowing, gold eyes; lust filling them. “No. D-don’t,” He shakes his head weakly. “Don’t you...dare...stop.”

 

“Thought so” His laugh is low, deep, dangerous. The punk is surprised when the man’s eyes turn pure black before he resumes his hard, rough ing, digging his nails in Sehun’s thighs; the pain making Sehun much louder than before. He lets out a particularly loud whimper when Kai bites down on his neck, his teeth seeming to pierce the skin. He raises his brows in surprise as only a bit of blood is drawn. His demon leans back just to kiss him hard, deep. When Kai pulls back a moment later, the punk watches in a daze as Kai the red liquid from his lower lip; slow and sensual. Sehun whines, letting his head fall back. He wraps his arms around Kai’s neck again and lets his eyes flutter shut as Kai moves into him. “So pretty,” he moans against Sehun’s throat, “Damn...humans,” He groans. He lets out the most attractive sound Sehun has ever heard. A strange mixture of a moan and growl as he shakes and shutters. ing a few more times, the last one stopping deep inside him; releasing all of himself. Neither of them moves, only staring into each other's eyes. Sehun watches the dark in the man’s eyes slowly die down back into those gorgeous, gold ones he accidentally fell for.

 

“You are so...lucky,” Sehun pants. “My...my mother isn’t....”

 

The demon gives him a slow, wolfish grin before he glances at the mirror. “You know, I don't know why you have this here but I’m kind of glad you do.”

 

Sehun frowns at him and then at the mirror. “What, why?”

 

“I got a much better view of you.”

 

“Shut...shut up,” The punk weakly keeps his arms around his demon, shivering when he pulls out. Kai wraps arms around the human’s waist, gently bringing him back over to the bed. A serious contrast to the previous beast he had shown not even a few minutes ago. 

 

“How...do you feel?”

 

“Come on,” The human shakes his head. “You already..know, right?”

 

Kai stares at him, sweat making his platinum hair stick to his tan skin. “No.”

 

“No?” Sehun scoffs. He turns onto his eyes to look at the man. “I...I’m better.”

 

“Good,” Kai says quietly as he slowly pulls his pants back on. He clears his throat, starting to turn back to the closet. But he stops when Sehun grabs his hand. 

 

“W-wait!” he stutters. “Could you..” He lets go before moving closer to the wall to give more room in his bed. “Can...I..um…”

 

The demon looks at his bed and frowns. “You want me to...lie with you?”

 

“...I…” Sehun lays his bed on his pillow. “I’m sorry. Just forget it.”

 

Kai stares at him for a moment before hesitantly taking a step forward. He looks confused when he lays beside Sehun, his eyes never once leaving the boys. Sehun smiles tightly and scoots closer, resting his head against his chest. “Kai, I…” he ignores the throbbing from his neck and thighs.

 

“You’re welcome,” Kai finishes for him quietly, putting his hand on Sehun’s waist gently. For the first time since Sehun has met this man, he, for once, seems...human.