Wish

Heart Out

You arrived at the place. It’s a place overlooking the city. “What a breath taking view.” You said admiring the place. Suddenly, you feel a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. “You’re more breath taking.” Chaewon said as she puts her chin over your shoulder. You look back at her, smiling. “Why did you bring me to this place, Chae?” “It’s beautiful here; we can enjoy ourselves without anyone bothering us.” She said while giggling. “You planned this, didn’t you?” You eyed her. “U-Uh well, I’ve been planning to ask you and luckily you came here with me.” She smirks. “What are we going to do now?” She hums in response. “Let’s eat first.”

As you eat in silence, you notice that she looks unease. “What’s wrong?” You ask her. She gives you a small smile saying she’s fine. After she finished eating, Chaewon excused herself. You continued to finish your food. After a while, you hear a sound coming from the piano on the corner. It seems like someone’s playing it. You look around to find the person playing. You’re stunned as you see the great Chaewon playing it. She looks at you for a second. “Listen carefully, miss.” She annoyingly flashes her smirk. She slowly played the piano. After a while, you hear her singing.

You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you

She paused and winks at you. She continued playing and sings along.

I need you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say okay

Oh pretty baby
Don't let me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, oh baby
Let me love you

After she sings, she looks at you. “Will you be my girlfriend, Minjoo?” You still can’t process what’s going on but seeing the sweet smile on her face, you couldn’t think of more. “Yes.” You said walking nearer to her place. She stands up and hugs you tight. “Thank you, Min. You never know how much you made me happy.” She whispers to your ear. You cup her face and stared at her expressive eyes. You leaned forward to give her a peck, you’re about to pull off when she suddenly pulls you back and kisses you more. She brings your forehead together after that kiss.

You spent the rest of the day going places. You also visited an art museum nearby. Taking pictures wherever you go. Your storage was almost full because of your pictures with Chaewon. You saw her staring at a beautiful painting and suddenly you just wanted to capture that moment. She looks so peaceful and you even questioned yourself if she, herself was also an art. It’s like God really took His time when Chaewon was created. You stared at her expressive brown eyes, that sometimes it’s being overlooked. Suddenly she looks at you and takes you to her side to hold you. She gently wraps her arm around your shoulders and how you wish you could stay like this forever. You, being safe in her arms and hearing her heart that beats for you. This is the only thing you wish that would last forever.