Friendship

Heart Out

          It all started on February 5, 2000. You and your bestfriend Wonyoung were born on the same day at the same time. You two were basically twins. Your mothers were bffs during their time. You two were inseparable since then.

          Growing up, you and Wonyoung love to sing and dance. You would play cheerful songs with your guitar and she would make her own lyrics while dancing. Playing outside your house has been your thing back then. You remember falling off her scooter and having a cast on your right leg. Wonyoung bought you an ice cream for making up because she broke your leg.

      You remember being bullied by the other children in your neighborhood and Wonyoung came to protect you but also ended up being bullied. That’s when Wonyoung’s older sister Chaewon, came and chase off the bullies.

         You have seen Wonyoung be happy when she had caught a big fish when you went for fishing. You have seen Chaewon got into a fight. Nevermind, she won.

          You and Wonyoung fought at an arcade for who’s the better dancer among you two. You scolded Chaewon for picking up a fight with Wonyoung when you were 11. You made her fixed your bike as an apology. “Wow she’s so dreamy” you said while staring at her.             

         You discovered that you have a talent in volleyball. When you entered college, you and Wonyoung got accepted in University’s Volleyball Team. Many things happened since then. You watched Chaewon as her team won the basketball game with her being the star player, of course. You realized that she’s cute when she had the biggest grin on her face upon receiving their trophy. Watched Chaewon got into another fight and yet she won.

         You had been telling stories to your mom about Chaewon. You watched Chaewon as she rode her motorbike for the first time. Yeah, she’s hot. You celebrated with Wonyoung when she got her classic dream car. Realized you had a crush on Chaewon and you think you got over your crush on her already, well mostly.

        And now, sitting on a chair at the rooftop, watching Wonyoung as she swims in their rooftop pool. You’re definitely feeling the good weather at Wonyoung’s house. Suddenly, you got a text from the student council’s president that you must prepare an idea for a booth as a preparation for the spring carnival. Geez, how you wish time would stop as you were about to be stress out for the upcoming days. You discussed to Wonyoung what was the text all about and told her you will be in trouble if you don’t come up with an idea as soon as possible. As you were busy coming up with an idea, you saw Chaewon through the door wearing her gym shorts and a racerback top. Damn, she’s hot but unfortunately you and Wonyoung made a friendship rules and one of the rules says that “Relatives are off-limits”.

         Going to school the other day, you wear the school’s short skirt uniform as your pants ripped. You were totally uncomfortable with the skirt, why must your pants have to tear apart. The feeling of uncomfortableness only worsens as you saw the students staring at you, well at your skirt specifically. Then suddenly a person tapped your . Of course, Wonyoung beside you got angry. You’re also aware that Wonyoung isn’t that strong physically. The person was about to punch Wonyoung when Chaewon came. You saw her punching that person as hard as she can. The person fall onto his back as Chaewon consecutively punched him. That’s when the councilor came and stopped the both of them. Chaewon plastered a smirk on her face as she was pulled away from the guy.

          As you sat outside the principal’s office with Chaewon, you asked her why she did that. “It’s because Wonyoung is in trouble.”  She said while looking down at her fingers. Jesus, you know what Chaewon can do when she’s mad and you wouldn’t want her to get mad. You were angry at her for fighting. “I only finishes fights and I don’t start one, Miss. And besides girls should not be treated like, especially when the girl is you.” You wish you could bury your face on your hands as you feel your cheeks blushing from what she had said. But that doesn’t change the fact that she hurt the other person.

            Nevertheless, you felt thankful for her. You just didn’t express it though. Knowing Chaewon, she wouldn’t care unless it’s a person important to her.