Spring Carnival

Heart Out

The upcoming school spring carnival is approaching. You still don’t know if your booth will attract the attention of the students. You and Wonyoung were preparing for it. “Hey, what if my sister don’t show up?” She asked. Now that you think about it, you’re really doomed if Chaewon wouldn’t show up. Your conversation with her from the other day doesn’t help either. You didn’t know what to do. “We could just pretend that the Jang that will be coming out to the booth is my sister, they wouldn’t know it’s me.” Wonyoung said while asking for your permission. “What? No. The girls will be disappointed. I promised them that I would bring Chaewon to the booth.” “Well, we have no choice Min. You know how stubborn Chae is. She really wouldn’t listen to anyone.” Ugh, why does bringing Chaewon to the booth be so difficult.

After the preparation you search for Chaewon. You go around the hallways, looking how the other clubs prepare for their booth. Finally, you saw her sitting at the gym’s bleacher. It seems like she practiced shooting all day. You walk up to her. She notices and looks up to you. “Are you really not going to the kissing booth, Chae?” You nervously wait for her answer. “The answer is still no, Miss.” Geez, there’s no way that will make her come to the kissing booth huh.

You were about to go down when she suddenly pulled you towards her. You look at her with your confused face. “I’m serious on what I did though. I don’t want other guys hitting on you.” She said while caressing your right hand. “Why though?” You asked her confusedly. “I just don’t like it when they are around you.” You stared at each other for a while. “Excuse me, I should get going. Hoping you’ll change your mind Chae.” You were really hoping that she would show up at least.

It’s the day! Students were lining up at your booth. You laugh at those girls that tried to guess who they are kissing. The crowd was cheering wildly. You search for one person among the crowd though. She didn’t show up. You’re disappointed, of course. Now, all the girls are asking you where Chaewon is. Wonyoung showed up, saying she’s the Jang that will be participating at the kissing booth. All the girls were disappointed. They were really hoping that Chaewon will show up. Of course, who wouldn’t like being kissed by Chaewon?

 It was Wonyoung’s turn. She had her eyes blindfolded. “So who’s the person that I’ll be kissing tonight?” She said waiting for another person. The crowd was shocked as Ahn Yujin came up to the stage. They kissed for a while. Lips locking here and there. You see Ahn Yujin putting her hand at your bestfriend’s back. Oh that was so gentle of her, you thought. After their kiss, you saw Wonyoung removing her blindfold. She was so shocked that the famous Ahn Yujin was in front of her. You saw Yujin bringing their nose close to each other.  You saw your bestfriend smiling at her action. How sweet, you envy them. After Wonyoung’s turn, Yujin sticks to her side. Oh, seems like they will be hanging out for the rest of the night.

And now it’s your turn. Gosh blame the Rose Girls for pushing you to the stage. You nervously wait for the person who’s going to kiss you. “Come on, let’s end this quick. And oh, just saying it’s gonna be my first kiss. I-I actually attempted to get my first kiss back in high school and they-“The other person had cut you off. You feel a pair of lips crushing on yours. You can feel the person nibble your lower lip. This isn’t bad as you thought. You put your arms around the person’s shoulder and you can also feel that person’s pulling you closer. “This person’s lips tasted sweet and he/she kiss well too.” You thought.

The kiss lasted for a moment. You pulled away catching your breath. You slowly remove your blindfold. “C-Chaewon?” You’re shock that she’s standing in front of you. She smiled and pulled you again for another kiss. She has her hand at your back pulling you even closer. You smiled through the kiss. You can also see that she’s trying hard not to ruin your kiss by smiling a little. The kiss was even longer than the first one. She brings your forehead to each other and she giggled after the kiss. It’s as if you two were in your own world. You hear the crowd clapping and cheering loudly, which brings you to the reality. “I’ll see you around.” She whispered. You nodded. You’re still smiling like a fool. Gosh, Chaewon what did you do to me.