Apologize

Heart Out

Chaewon has been giving you the silent treatment since that conversation happened. You’re at Wonyoung’s house hanging out for the weekend. You two have planned to have a sleepover. You were watching a movie at a late night and suddenly you see Chaewon wearing her leather jacket. It seems like she just got home. You wonder why. “Hey, where did Chae came from?” You ask Wonyoung as you grab a snack from the table. “I don’t know, maybe she went around hanging out with her girls.” Wonyoung shrugs. You feel jealous. How can she go around meeting girls when she had just kissed you the other week?

 

 “Excuse me for a while, Wonyo” You said while standing. You went upstairs, your eyes searching for Chae’s room. When you’re finally at her door, you knock. “What is it, Wonyoung?” You hear her say from the room. “It’s me, Chae.” You answered. You hear nothing but silence. Finally, she opens the door. “Come in.” You see her going back to her bed. She’s playing games from her switch.

 

“What brings you here, Min?” She asks you still looking at her switch. You play with your fingers. You don’t know what to say. Why did you even think of coming to her room? “I just want to apologize for what I’ve said the last time we've talked Chae.” “Oh, that. It’s okay Min, that’s what everybody thinks of me right.” You sense bitterness in her tone. “No, Chae. I was just afraid that I would end up like one of your girls.” She finally brings down her switch, she looks at you.

 

  “Come here.” She tapped the space next to her. She brings her arm around your shoulder. “I’m sorry if I made you feel that way Min.” You look at your intertwined hands. “I tried distracting myself from you Min, I really did but it didn’t work out. You know I’m serious when I said I don’t want other people hitting on you.” She cups your face. “I like you Minjoo, I really do and sorry for only saying it now.” She smiled. “I-I like you too, Chae and I’m sorry for thinking about you that way.” “Ssh, let’s enjoy the moment for now.” She pulls you closer, kissing your forehead. You hug her tight. What did I do to deserve you Chae.

 

 You two cuddled at her room for a while, not until you hear Wonyoung shouting your name downstairs. Oh crap, you forgot that you two were having a movie marathon. “Wonyoung’s looking for me, Chae.” You said giving her one last hug. She pouted, “That brat, how dare she ruin our moment.” You saw her making adorable faces. “Chae, Wonyoung might see us cuddling in your room. Rule No. 5” You explained to her. She showers your face with her kisses before she lets you go.. “Fine, Miss you can go now. We’ll just text, okay?” You nod at her, still smiling from what she did. Who knew that the troublemaker Chaewon would be this affectionate? You're about to open the door when suddenly you think of giving her a quick kiss. You ran into her, surprising her with a peck. You had this victory look when you saw her face flustered. For the last time, you wave your phone in the air. Waving goodbye.

 

While watching the movie, you feel your phone getting notifications. It was a text from Chaewon saying have fun in your movie marathon and she’ll be sleeping first, wishing you a goodnight. You smiled at her text. You replied at her saying that the movie was about to end. “Who’s that?” Wonyoung asks. Crap, think of an excuse Minjoo. “Nothing, just a classmate.” She just shrugs. “Let’s just finish this one and we’ll be sleeping.” You nod at her.