nuwebe

photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's six fifty in the evening. The forecast said the sun will set at seven o clock hence the reason why the two are now sitting on a low brick wall, feet dangling down, fresh breeze blowing, waiting for the sun to sets.

"I am never going near amusement parks ever again." Hoseok said, chills going down his spine as he thought about what happened earlier.

"You should've seen your face. It was so funny. I was laughing so hard." She said remembering the scared Hoseok in the viking.

Hoseok looks at the girl, now laughing again as she thought about the moment earlier.

 

"Then, I'm glad I could make you laugh." Hoseok softly stated. She turns her head towards Hoseok and smiled in return.

Comfortable silence filled between them for a while, when the time for the sun to set arrives. She, without a fail, prepares her camera to capture the sun going down.

Hoseok watches her in awe and soft eyes.

Pink, purple and orange colours blended together as the sun starts setting down. It was beautiful. It was heaven. How three colours managed to create a beautiful view for the world to see.

She loves it.

 

Moments later, the sun fully went down. The sky turning dark, light posts started lighting up.

Still sitting on the brick wall they sat on. Hoseok decided to ask what's been buging him since this afternoon.

"Can I ask you something?" Hoseok started.

She looks at him.

"What is it?"

He thought about how is he going to construct his question without sounding offensive or anything.

"...Why have you been taking pictures of everything?" She looks at him plainly.

A small but bitter smile surfaces on her face.

 

"Because I want to remember and keep memories of the places I've been to, so when my memory fails me, I can still look back to those moments even from a photograph form." She answered truthfully.

He nodded in understanding.

"Sorry. I just got really curious when I looked at your photos in your camera. I'm sorry." He felt bad for going through her stuff without permission.

"Nah. It's okay. Don't feel bad." She smiles.

"Also..." Hoseok trails off.

She hums in question.

 

"About you being...sick." Once she heard his question, she turns her head away quickly.

Tears b within her eyes. Remembering the sole reason why she even started taking pictures.

She sigh before flashing a sad smile and looking at nowhere.

"I was diagnosed with brain cancer two months ago."  She calmly said as she turns her gaze towards Hoseok.

She couldn't really understand why she told him about her condition, to a stranger she might add. Maybe she felt comfort and trust to the said stranger which managed to make her happy for the hours spent being with him. It was definitely strange, a good thing strange.

Hoseok was shocked hearing the news. He was surprised.

Hoseok wouldn't expect that from her. She looks healthy to be sick. Way too healthy.

"I know. I don't look sick right?" She stops. "At least from the outside." She sadly chuckles.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's bound to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter