six.

Kisses. [Chaennie.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Longing.

She sighed out loudly for the seventh time that night with sullen eyes as she looked at Jennie longingly. Bringing the glass up to her lips to take a sip of her drink, she leaned back and looked down to avoid looking at her older friend talking to a guy at the bar. Jennie had a couple of drink in her hand ready to go back to her friends but was stopped by Kai and proceeded to chat.

“If you keep frowning like that you’ll grow old faster – that’s what my mom says.” Jisoo chuckled rubbing Chaeyoung’s temple to ease the tension. “Wrinkles are forming.”

The younger could only pout in return. “Do you think they have anything going on?”

“Who? Kai and Jennie? I don’t think so, you already know their dating was just a publicity stunt.” They both casted their eyes to sound of giggles at the bar. Jennie’s laughing at whatever Kai had said and this caused a deeper frown to be plastered on Chaeyoung’s face.

“Yeah well they seem to be hitting it off, pretty well for just ‘friends’.” Placing the glass on the table making a clink sound.

“My, my. Are you jealous Chaeongah?” Jisoo smirked.

“You wish.” She rolled her eyes and stood up. “Wait- where are you going? I’m sorry I was just kidding.” Jisoo looked regrettable and pulled at Chaeyoung’s sleeves. The younger gently released her unnie’s hand from grasping her and smiled, “I’m just going to blow off steam –“ running her fingers on Jisoo’s chin. “Don’t worry, I’ll be back.” Her older friend smiled and nodded before joining in to talk with Lisa and Seulgi.

She walked down the steps passed a few people and had to pass Jennie as she was still talking to Kai. The tall man had whispered something in Jennie’s ear and the woman had hit his shoulders playfully with accusation in her tone as they laughed.

Chaeyoung sighed loudly before continuing her journey to the jukebox in the corner of the bar. Jennie noticed the girl had saddened look and became worried by this. Before she could make a move for her younger friend, Kai was still talking and it might seem rude to just walk away as he’s so into the conversation.

The younger reached the jukebox and started to shuffle through the choices. The 50’s, 60’s and other years and genres when she suddenly felt a cold glass lightly touching her cheeks. Flinching away as she covered her cheek – she looked at the glass of alcohol and shifted to look at the person. Bringing her eyes down, she was met by a sweet smile and soft eyes. What attracted her the most were the familiar dumpling cheeks that was similar to Jennie’s.

Her eyebrows arched in amusement as she grabbed the drink that was offered to her. “Ah Lee-Hi sunbaenim.” bowing to her senior in their company. Even if she’s only one year older than her, she feels like it’s just the right thing to do since Lee Hi had started way longer than her in the music industry.

The woman’s deep and elegant voice came out and offered a laughed. “You don’t have to be so formal with me Chaeyoung-ssi, just call me Ha-yi.”

“Right, if and only if you call me Chaeyoung or Rosie. Anything’s fine.”

“I like Chaeyoung.” There was a pause between them, Chaeyoung’s eyebrows cocked with an amused smile while Ha-yi realized what she said. The elder’s cheek that was already pink due to the coldness turned a few shades darker and started to touch her cheeks to cover her embarrassment.

“I- I didn’t mean it like that! what I meant was – it was – please stop laughing.” She whined at the younger’s laughter which seemed it won’t stop any sooner. Wiping an invisible tear away, she sighed out. “I’m sorry. I know what you were trying to say.” She smiled fondly at her sunbaenim.

“Your name, I like your name.”

“So does that mean you don’t like me?” She smirked, taking a sip of her drink as she observed the woman’s features where a playful smile formed on Ha-yi’s lips with a roll to her eyes. “I don’t know - but I think I’m starting to.” Her eyes held curiosity as she leaned her hip against the jukebox beside Chaeyoung.

“Me too.” they looked away for a second after a few seconds of staring each other.

 

They were enjoying the comfortable silence as their arms brushed against each other before Ha-yi spoke up. “I came by because my friends were a bit too loud over there–“ pointing at her drunk friends. “and kinda noticed you looked like you weren’t enjoying your time here.”

“Yeah? What made you think that?” She’s been looking at Jennie, making sure nothing intimate happens. She doesn’t know what she’ll do if it happens anyway – it’s not like Jennie belongs to her or that Jennie liked her in that way.

The older waved her hand infront of Chaeyoung, “Could be wrong but the wrinkles on your forehead gave it away.” Rubbing her neck sheepishly.

“Say – I really love your songs. Especially X and XI.”

“I see what you did there. It’s okay. Thank you – I mean it’s not really that great.” Her cheeks turned flushed and she looked away.

“Not that great? Are you kidding me? You’ve got to give yourself more credit. Your voice is one in a million and I’d give anything to have the tone of your voice.”

Ha-yi turned around to shuffle through the choices in the jukebox absentmindedly. Shrugging her shoulders with a pout making her cheeks puffier than it already is. “I don’t know… I don’t get to explore much you know… cuz of Yang.”

“Ah. Right.. our devil of a boss.” She squinted her eyes playfully and nudged the older. This made Ha-yi giggle and nodded her head. “Well he’s letting talent go to waste and should give you better care and treatment. Because that’s what you deserve.” Ha-yi smiled at the younger, her heart tried to be tamed but failed. She shook her head and cleared .

Ha-yi looked at her confusingly, “My voice. what does it sound like to you?” She turned her body to face Chaeyoung entirely with curiosity and the latter followed suit.

“Mmm… well. You know, the sassiness in people right? The attitude they have. The bad aura one has –“ whispering with a smile as she squinted her eyes. Ha-yi couldn’t contain her smile which she covered it by rolling her eyes. “Well that’s you everytime I hear you sing. With another flavor that… I think you already know.”

“No don’t stop there – I don’t know so tell me.” she poked Chaeyoung’s stomach. Grabbing at the elder’s finger, she looked down and opened her palm to it lightly. her lips, she looked into Ha-yi’s eyes as if it could bore holes with her intense gaze. The shorter woman slowly bit her lip and gulped. Lips parted and her eyes avoided CHaeyoung’s to look down at their joint hands.

“Raw. iness.”

The woman’s cheeks turned red again as she flustered. Chaeyoung once again laughed at this and pinched the redden cheeks. “Aweee look at you, red as a tomato.” This earned a whine from the shorter woman. “You really like to tease people don’t you?”

“It’s cute really –“

Chaeyoung was cut off by a grip to her forearm. She was surprised and also annoyed that just now Jennie wants to show up. Jennie pulled down her hand gently to release Chaeyoung’s grip from Ha-yi.

“Chaeyoungie! What are you doing? You shouldn’t be touching other girls- other people’s faces like that.” She said through gritted teeth with a smile. Oh she’s angry? Chaeyoung smirked, “Well I’m sorry. Ha-yi did you mind?”

Her eyebrows rose in surprise seeming caught off guard by the tension the two had. “Um… I didn’t mind. We were just talking Jennie, it’s fine really.” She went to grab Jennie’s hand that was gripping Chaeyoung’s sleeve and intensely looked into Jennie’s eyes. “I quite liked her company actually.” Ha-yi released the grasped Jennie had on the younger and narrowed her eyes.

Were they…. Glaring at each other.

Chaeyoung looked between the same aged women, gulping. Finally cutting the tension, “Alright! Um – Ha-yi, it’s been nice talking to you but I think I should get the girls and I back home. Especially Jennie.”

“Already?” pouting at the younger. “Well let me at least give you my number –“

“I have her number! I’ll give it to you later Chaeyoungie let’s just go.” Jennie grumpily said. Looking at her questioningly, Jennie crossed her arms and pouted, “I worked on a song with Ha-yi sunbaenim remember?”

Hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter