thirteen.

Kisses. [Chaennie.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Run!”

“Where exactly!?” Suzy asked in a state worry.

“I don’t know - just run!”

Chaeyoung’s hand firmly held onto Suzy’s as they dashed through the park. Breathing hard through their mouth as they struggled to keep a distance with the swarming paparazzies. The younger led the older aimlessly, their feet touch the damp earth sliding against the base of their shoes. Chaeyoung’s white sneakers now covered in dirt but that’s the least of her worries, what’s important right now was getting her and Suzy out of their plain sight.

The hungry paparazzies lugged their camera equipment and bags with much effort trying to catch the two. Suzy can hear one of them dropped something and hoped it’ll take time for him to recover, just enough for them to slip. The older’s thighs were starting to burn up from the spontaneous workout and she’s amazed that her younger companion can still move swiftly and effortlessly through the corners. Which makes her think back that it’s been quite some time since she had become an idol herself and she reminded herself that the new generation groups have much more rigorous training.

“Excusez-moi! Pardon! Pardon!” Suzy exclaimed when there were a group of people in their way, the group consisting of a few men and women shouted in surprise when Chaeyoung had to use her body to make room for them to pass. Bumping shoulders with a man causing him to crash against his friend and the woman gasped. Chaeyoung nodded her head and waved briefly as they all shouted with irritation in their voices.

“Vous Merde!”

“Oi! Fais attention!”

“Sorry!” Chaeyoung shouted back with a smile with Suzy in her hand laughing. Suzy believed one of them were cursing at her and Chaeyoung and she couldn’t keep her amusement. Just then, once their shouts were calmed down – the paparazzies stormed through the same group causing another uproars of curses.

They both recognized the road they were as it was the same one they were at initially where they had just run into each other. Behind a building they stopped to catch their breath especially Suzy whose face morphed into discomfort and exhaustion. The older leaned against the stone walls as Chaeyoung popped her head to peek whether the busybodies were still following them and unfortunately they were.

“Damn it. They’re coming.”

“I can’t take anymore of this running.” Suzy said breathlessly, a hand over her hip and squeezing her cramped sides occasionally.

“Tired already? That was nothing.” Chaeyoung that earned her an eyeroll. Although the girl looked fine, sweat still prickled down her temple which she wiped with the back of her hand.

“Hmm, let’s see. Who gets tortured by their company with extreme training here?” Tapping a finger over her chin. “Oh right – you!”

“Low blow.” Pointed at her before chuckling.

“Sorry.” Suzy smiled momentarily before pulling Chaeyoung into an alleyway she had been eyeing up ahead. The footsteps and voices they were evidently avoiding were approaching and she had to cut their conversation short. Stepping into the dark area, they hid in the shadows anticipating the paparazzies carrying their cameras around.

Space was tight but they had to work with it and squeeze against each other looking awkwardly around as the people were scouting around the place for them like hungry wolves. Suzy pursed her lips when she took this moment to assessed their situation. The scent of the alleyway smelled of wet pavements, old buildings other things she rather not think about but there was also a pungent smell that made her cringe her nose and drop her head. She focused her breathing and that’s when she realized another smell present.

The older woman’s heart pounded against her chest from the adrenaline due to the fear of being caught and if they were, they were trapped as the alleyway was blocked off by a metal wall. Praying to whoever up there listening to her thoughts to protect and hide them until they were safe to leave their hiding spot. Her eyes closed shut but gently relaxed when she took in the other scent that lingered close by  and she lifted her chin to look at her companion afoot from her. The younger was busy scouting the exit, left for her to not notice the subtle glance.

She smells minty like one that uses a lot of mouthwash, Suzy thought. Then again it was mixed with her fruity perfume but what made the corner of her lips rise was the smell of candy. Definitely from the gummy worms they shared before.

She quickly sympathized seeing the dark circles under Chaeyoung’s eyes and concluded how tired she must be. Promising to herself that they’ll get out of this eventually.

“I think they’re gone now.”

Suzy snapped out of her thoughts when Chaeyoung passed a glance at her before letting out a heavy breath and leaned her weight against the building behind her. She embarrassingly looked away after realizing how creepy her action was of smelling the girl. Clearing her dry throat and gulping down, she sighed as well, thanking the cap for covering most of her features and the slight tinge formed on her cheeks.

Chaeyoung’s phone buzzed silently in her back pocket and she quickly pulled it out. Her eyes widened at the waves of text messages that just came in. Cursing the cellular service for the bad connection.

Minsik-Oppa (Manager):

Chaeyoung, have you seen the articles?

Please refrain from answering any questions from the public

Chaeyoung… kid? OMW to your room... will discuss w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter