nine.

Kisses. [Chaennie.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lord, what if she hates me? It’s been a few days since I’ve sent those flowers and I still haven’t gotten a text from her about it. She probably disliked the flowers – oh damn is she allergic? Did I accidentally killed a girl I like? Oh my god – no.

I shook my head at the possibility.

She’s not allergic. I know that because I’ve known her for years now. The only thing she’s allergic to is bad sense of fashion.

I paced around our apartment hallway. The shadow I created followed me to-and-fro as I thought deeply as to why Jennie would take her sweet time in responding to my flowers.

Well, were they a lot? Yes. Were they different kinds? Of course. Were they supposed to symbolise meaning behind them for her? I – yes.

I wanted her to show her how I felt. That my feelings were genuine and the flowers that would be overflooding her home would be the meaning of how much feelings I have for her. I know she likes romantics. Jennie is the kind of girl you have to woo. And because of that, I am doing as much wooing as I can. I want to woo this girl until she accepts me. I know for a fact that she likes me already, but she is pushing me away.

I leaned against my bedroom door, head smacking lightly onto the wooden frame repetitively.

Am I even doing things right? First, I confessed to her out of the blue. Next, I flooded her home with flowers. Poor girl, she might be overwhelmed. Who wouldn’t with that much flowers one could have in their hom – home!

My eyes shot open in realisation. Damn it. Damn! Why didn’t I think of this before? Why was I so impulsive to buy them when I forgot that I sent all of them to Jennie’s HOME? Where obviously her parents would be there!

I covered my face in embarrassment and groaned at my mistake. Hitting my forehead with my fist.

“You’re – a – moron – Park Chaeyoung.”

“I could agree to that after watching you walk around our hallway while mumbling like a totally idiot to yourself for the past 20 minutes now.”

I looked up surprised at seeing Lisa leaning against the wall sporting a calm but sly smile. She sipped her drink while eyes bore into mine with mischief and I can’t help but give my own narrow squint.

“Honestly have you not realised me the whole time I was here?”

“I was in my mind palace.”

“Hmm.” The girl hummed. “And what why are you doing it here while your room is literally at the other side of that door that is so conveniently right behind you?”

I clicked my tongue at my friend. Smartass. I would love to bicker with her now but it’ll be too much to bear with my other reoccurring thoughts. I settled with dismissing her comment and walked pass her but not before stealing away her warm drink. That earned me a call of protest.

I invited her to come sit down with me on our wide sofa while the television plays something random. Tapping the seat beside me, she stole the mug off my hand and it now returns to its original owner. I looked at her and squint my eyes once again as if trying to think of proper words. Pursing my lips, Lisa raised an eyebrow and shook her head.

“You’re glaring.”

I ignored her comment.

“Let’s say.” I started. “You got a bunch of cats delivered to you right at your doorstep and those cats were given to someone who… fancies you. Would you dislike it?”

“That would be easy to say because you purposely chose cats knowing I surely like them, Chae.”

“Right. Right. My bad.. what if they were a bouquet of flowers? I know you don’t like them that much and it’s kind of a nice thing to receive and you’re not against the idea of having it right?”

Lisa thought for awhile, her lips pouted while she does so before nodding slowly.

“Yeah I guess I’m okay with it. If it’s nice flowers and they’re pretty, I’d like them.”

I nodded surely.

“They are nice and pretty I can confirm that, yes. And if they were a lot?”

“Depends on your definition of ‘a lot’ ?”

“The kind where I might have flooded their home.” I smiled nervously.

“Jesus.”

“I know! I feel like I might’ve made a mistake on that part and to confirm that problem, the recipient hasn’t responded.”

Lisa looked at me sympathetically and it made me groaned. Slouching against the cozy sofa while I moped. I mindlessly pulled at the seams with my nails. I knew it looked bad. I should’ve have given her some space after the whole confession thing. Not look like some pathetic fool who’s so madly enamoured by her.

“Well, hey if the recipient doesn’t know who sent those flowers then maybe they don’t know that it was you!”

“Impossible. And want to know why? Because there were cards on each bouquet with my signature ‘R’ on it.”

“Oh geez, Chae.”

And now we both groaned but accompanied with a bit of laughter. Knowing how I clearly screwed up made it funny actually and I needed a laugh. Honestly, I feel lighter when I’ve talked it out with someone. Especially with a friend. Our laughter died down slowly and Lisa’s slight chuckle can be heard into her mug.

“It’s alright, I think Jennie-Unnie won’t dislike it.”

I turned my head so quickly to her that I think I hear my neck snap. Her smirk can still be seen even with the mug covering half her face. I tried to voice out my words but it came out as a stutter.

“Chaeyoung, who else do you want to give flowers to? The lady from apartment 301?”

“It could be any other person. Heck, it could even be a guy.”

“Chae.” Lisa started. She placed her mug on the coffee table beside us and proceed to dramatically place a hand on my shoulder with a look that can be described as understanding or knowing. “You and I both know you’re so smitten with her.”

“Please don’t use the word smitten.”

“Smitten so much, that you literally breathe Jennie air.”

“What are you even saying?”

“Smitten to the point that you would rather consume her presence than actual food itself.”

“That’s overly dramatic, Lisa.” I deadpanned.

“Smitten –“ She wanted to begin again with a much louder voice than before but I stopped her.

“Okay I get it!” I stop her with a raise of my hand. I chuckled with my head shaking at her persistent to annoy me. This is her day, the next will be mine. You just wait Lisa Manoban. Us picking at each other is just natural. It’s always been like this since the day we met and it became a factor to strengthen our relationship.

“Jennie-Unnie will come around. Just take things slow.”

“I don’t know about slow. I feel like I’m rushing so much because these feelings she brought out of me is uncontrollable you know?” I looked at her. “This is the first time I – like someone and I didn’t know it could be so overwhelming that I want to vomit all my pent up interest for her.”

“Thus, the flowers.” Lisa nodded understandingly.

“Yeah, the flowers.”

“It’s actually good effort. You like her, and you want to proclaim your feelings for her in a form of gifts. It’s not wrong. It’s love language, right? There are different kinds of love language out there and this is one of them. If she dislikes them, then it’s okay. Because then you know what you can avoid, it’s a learning process.”

I nodded slowly. Lisa’s right, if I know Jennie’s dislikes and in turn I can know her likes in my pursuit of wooing her then I might have a higher percentage in succeeding! I should try, it won’t hurt to try.

 “Thanks, Lisa. I owe you one.”

“Oooo, very tempting.” I can see the evil scheme she has for me.

“Please don’t be awful.”

“I’ll keep it in mind when I want to use it.” She waved off, heading to her room and I smiled defeatedly.

Hmm. Jennie-Unnie likes cute things. Maybe I can give her something less y and not like the previous wearable gifts I gave her before this. I dropped my chin down in embarrassment at my uncontrollable hormones at seeing how y and innocent she could be. Damn you dirty mind. Can you not be every chance you get. Pinching the bridge of my nose.

I should get her something comfy and fluffy. Yes, yes. I believe that’ll work for now. I rushed to my room to get to my laptop. Plopping down on my bed, I googled different kinds of things. Sweaters, scarves, socks, and even pants. I wanted her to bring out her cuteness while at the same time comfortable in it. Not that she isn’t cute naturally. Something that calls out super ing adorable and she can make it look so damn stylish that no one else can do it like her.

My mind clicked.

“Genius.”

A hat scarf with bear ears! There were 4 types of colours to choose from and I choose a classic brown on bear. My eyes turned intrigued when there was a customization option where one can stitch any wordings on it. And I thought for a second before smiling to myself as I typed in.

Placing the order, I waited for a confirmation of payment on my account and the notification came in saying that my order will be arriving in two days since it was local! Great. Jennie will be here at home when it arrives.

All of a sudden like right on time I got contacted by Yves Saint Laurent concerning an invitation to attend Saint Laurent’s new showcase collection and of course I couldn’t deny my good friend, Anthony. He had mentioned it weeks before about this upcoming showcase to me and wanted me to be there as one of their Global Ambassadors.

If I fly off the day after tomorrow meaning I wont get to see Jennie-Unnie since I’ll be off early in the morning. Damn, what a huge downer. But I guess duty calls. I tilted my phone to have a better view of my lockscreen and check whether I received any texts from Jennie-Unnie but sadly none came. Only from my family and other friends and so I took this moment to give each and everyone of them my reply.

Finally when it came to Jennie-Unnie’s chat which still have no text containing whether she like it or not was where thumb hovered itching to give her a good night text. I shook my head and closed my phone.

My flight to France came by and I had informed the rest of my roommates in our apartment. I was sleepy still but I had to move fast if I wanted to catch the flight early. Jisoo-Unnie and Lisa rose from their beds like the undead, Jisoo-Unnie had hair sticking out of her head funnily but she still looked cute. Yawning a goodbye to me and still helped to push my luggage lazily towards our door. The manager accompanying me grabbed it midway and chuckled seeing the girl’s state. I hugged Lisa first and then Jisoo, they told me to stay safe and take care of myself. I nodded obediently before waving them.

Before closing the door, I whispered to Lisa about the parcel arrival.

“If it’s here, tell Jennie-Unnie I got it for her.”

Lisa scratched her and yawn, nodding at me.

“Okay, okay.”

I decided against messaging Jennie-Unnie privately and just sent a quick text in our group chat.

I’m off to France for the showcase! Will be back in a few days. Love you guys. – Chaeyoung.

I didn’t hope for a quick reply but as if my prayers were answered, Jennie-Unnie replied!

Take care, Rosie and come back quick… - Jennie.

Quick? I nodded to myself excitedly. The text sounded a bit cold but the context was all I needed that it was a warm call. I cleared my throat and sat up straight in the van.

Okay, Jennie-Unnie. – Chaeyoung.

Yes, that will suffice for now. No need to overreact, a simple and cool response. The rest of my journey was fine. It was a good thing there was internet in the Airplane. I checked the parcel I ordered specifically for Jennie-Unnie as a gift and found that it was already heading for our apartment. I’ll just leave it at that since the parcel will be received under Jennie-Unnie’s name.

I received a text from Anthony about meeting up for lunch with a bunch of other people and I agreed to it. Would be nice to build some social links.

-

-

[Jennie’s POV]

I had manager-unnie pick me up from my house, now heading to our shared apartment with the girls. I sadly look at the text Chaeyoung sent not too long ago. Should I have put an emoji after it? Like a smiley, or a heart or something.

I try not to overthink it. Locking my phone, I sunk into my seat as I watch the buildings pass by my window. Manager-Unnie drove smoothly in a comfortable silence while she respected my moment in thoughts to myself. I didn’t know she was going to France today. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy she got invited from her brand but I was actually hoping to see her today. Maybe, at least for a moment or two.

I looked at my hand. The sunlight spread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter