First Day

Atypical Love

Suho waves Kai and Chanyeol over to where he was standing with Ayana. He introduces them. Suho notices Chanyeol smiling at Ayana and says, “Have you guys met?” Still smiling, Chanyeol responds, “Not exactly.” Ayana looks at Chanyeol briefly, turns and walks away with a slight smile and shakes her head slightly. 

Ayana goes and sit at the table in the far corner of the practice room. There from that corner, she could see the entire room. As the guys were practicing, she thought about how lucky she was to have this job. But still nervous because she was worried that she might not be able to help them learn more English. One of the managers then handed Ayana the group’s schedule. She was told that she should try to follow the schedule as much as she can. She needed to be around any of the guys and talk with them often. They needed to practice their English so they could be more comfortable.

Ayana is just amazed at the dedication as the guys practice all the choreography. She was not very familiar with them but sees these guys are very talented. Amazed in their vocals and dance, she just kept watching them. As she was watching them, she catches herself watching Chanyeol a lot. So much, Sehun and Kai notices and mentions it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks over, their eyes meet and he smiles, then Ayana embarrassed, turns her head and looks out the window.

Practice had ended and Suho invited Ayana to join some of the guys for dinner. Chanyeol head turned when he heard this. He hoped to talk with her more. She wanted to go but she declined because she had already made plans with Emily and her friends. Chanyeol a little bummed tells the guys, “I first saw her at the coffee shop. Now she’s here. I can’t help but smile when I look at her.” The guys . They haven’t heard anything like this from Chanyeol about any girl before.  

Ayana meets Emily downstairs in the lobby to go home. Emily asks, “How was your fir?”

”Remember that guy I told you about at the coffee shop before my interview? It was Chanyeol.”

Laughing, Emily asked, “...and?”

”Who would have thought. I couldn’t stop looking at him though. He caught me staring and that was so embarrassing. There is something about him. Maybe it was his smile. It just makes want to smile back. Suho asked if I wanted to join them for dinner afterwards”

”Why didn’t you go? I would have gone”

Ayana said, “Girl, I had plans with you. This is just the first day anyways.”