They Knew

Atypical Love

It was agreed by both Chanyeol and Ayana to keep what happened to themselves for the time being. Neither knew if the company would accept this. From his prior conversations with s, they did not seem to have an issue with it. They were pratically encouraging him. So they were not worried about the members. Yet, they kept the flirting the same not showing it has gotten serious. Of course, Suho knew a little more because of his conversation with Ayana at the reception not too long ago. But didn’t bring it up with either of them.

It was not out of the ordinary to see Ayana with Chanyeol out in public. She was like that with the rest of the guys. For a brief moment, the press was inquiring about the girl that was always with the group. The company responded she was one of the staff who was their English tutor and explained what their approach to teaching them English was. Ayana who did not show any favoritism to any of them, was easily accepted that she was part of the staff. Ayana felt guilty knowing there was a little more to it when but didn’t say anything. So for now, their secret was going to stay a secret.

Chanyeol loved showing his feelings toward Ayana but that was only in private between the two of them. A couple months have passed and he was getting tired of it. She would arrive at the practice room and he would want to just kiss her a quick hello but couldn’t. He would be standing behind her and want to give her a back hug and hold her but he couldn’t. They would be alone in a room at the company and he’ll go to her and hold her and kiss her, but she would tell him to stop just in case someone comes in unexpectedly.

Chanyeol took Ayana’s hand. ”I want to tell the guys about us. Can we do that?” She looked at him. He was pleading.

She gave in, ”okay, we can tell the guys.”

So one evening when all the guys were at the dorm, Chanyeol and Ayana stood in front of them. Chanyeol held Ayana’s hand, took a deep breath and said, “we’re together.”

Chen and Baekhyun exclaimed together, “Finally.” And the rest of the guys started laughing.

”We knew.” Kai explained. “We saw Chanyeol’s extra looks at you. His eyes never wandered away from you when you were around. First we thought he was still was admiring you one-sided. Until one of us mentioned to Suho what we saw.”

They both looked at Suho. “I didn’t say anything.”

”Exactly. You did not deny what we were thinking,” said Chen.

”I could not lie to them,” said Suho with a smile. “I didn’t say yes, either.”

Ayana looked at all of them. “Are you guys okay with this?”

They all said in unison, “Of course.”

Kai assured Ayana by putting his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder and saying. “This guy from the first time he saw you said he was going to find you again. And he did. We met you and you won our hearts. You are good to him and to us. If he wanted to be with someone, we are glad it is you.”

Ayana felt relieved. But she was still worried about how their fans would accept it. She learned how fans are so overprotective over their idols. They certainly will think she wouldn’t be good enough for Chanyeol. Ayana was sure of that. And being a foreigner doesn’t help. So she asked the guys to keep this to themselves which of course they agreed. 

Chanyeol put his arm around Ayana from behind. And whispered in her ear, “we should have told them sooner. Now I want to bring you home and meet my family.”