First Kiss

Atypical Love

The next morning, Ayana woke up thinking about Chanyeol. Laying in bed, she was thinking about the night before. Thinking about the look in his eyes and he holding her close to him. She couldn’t get her mind to think about something else. But then the reason that she couldn’t fall for him came to mind. She knew it was best not to fall for him for his sake. 

Then her phone beeped. A text from Chanyeol read, “Good morning, I hope you slept ok. Lunch?” She wasn’t sure if she should meet him. She knows that during their lunch, what he started to tell her the night before was going to come up. And she wasn’t sure how she was going to tell him or if she could tell him they need to stay as friends. Her heart is thinking one thing and her mind another. She texted him back that she was busy and couldn’t meet. Chanyeol wasn’t going to give up, so he just texted that he needed to see her even if it was for a few minutes. Knowing he wasn’t going to give up, she gave in and said she could see him later in the afternoon at a coffee shop.

Nervous, Ayana arrives at the coffee shop and sees Chanyeol at the corner table with 2 coffees and a slice of cake he knew Ayana loves to eat. He waves in her direction and she walks over. He stands and as Ayana’s usual greeting with those she knew well, did the cheek kissing greeting. Like a gentleman, he pulled the chair out for her to sit.

”You got the cake I like.”

“Yes, I did. And also the Americano with a splash of heavy cream like you always order,” he replied.

So, they sat there, drinking coffee and sharing the cake in silence for a few minutes. Ayana didn’t know what to say. Chanyeol not knowing how to bring up last night. They both kept looking down at their coffees and not making any eye contact.

”Sun-Hi is just a friend,” he blurted out. Ayana looked up and saw Chanyeol looking at her with those eyes again. She was lost in his eyes then said, “oh.” She wasn’t sure what to say to that. Still looking at her, he asked if she had any plans for the rest of the day. She didn’t, so he told her he wanted to take her somewhere. The coffee shop got a bit busy and knew that wasn’t the place to talk about the night before.

They went for a drive. He knew of a place outside of the city where it was quiet and with not many people around. It was by the water and there wasn’t anyone nearby. They got out and stood in front of the car looking at the water. “Looks like it will be a pretty sunset,” Ayana said. Chanyeol giggled.

”Why did you laugh?”

“Last night you said the view was pretty. And that was the beginning of my confession.” He then took Ayana’s hand and started walking. She didn’t let go and followed. They got to a bench and sat down. Still holding hands in his lap they started to watch the sunset. Feeling safe and comfortable, Ayana leaned her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol turned and kissed the top of her head and went back looking at the sunset.

Still, they didn’t say much to each other. They started to walk back. As they were walking, Ayana walked on a short ledge that brought her closer to Chanyeol’s height. Chanyeol stopped and looked directly at Ayana.

”I like you, Ayana”

Ayana not expecting it paused then said, ”I like you too.”

Chanyeol smiled and said, ”I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time,” pulled Ayana close, put both hands on each side of her face and kissed her. She eventually pulled away looking at him. Worried, Chanyeol said, “Should I have not?” Ayana looked at him, put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him back.

For the rest of the evening, it was a quiet one spent at her place. They ordered food and hung out without a care in the world. It was as normal as it can be. Chanyeol was just a regular guy that night and she didn’t have to worry about what it means to be dating idol.