Chance "Meeting"

Atypical Love

Her name was Ayana. A 23-year old recent Stanford graduate. She came from a good supportive family. Because of that, she decided to take a year off and experience the world. So she went to visit her cousin, Emily, who went to Seoul for a new job at SM.

A week into her trip, Emily suggested to Ayana to apply for a job at SM. The company was looking for an English teacher. However, they wanted to try something new. They did not want the idol artist to go to a classroom to learn. Instead, they wanted the teacher to hang around them throughout the day. And if possible, a teacher who did not speak one word of Korean. That way, the artist would have to use English to communicate with the teacher in daily conversation. Ayana thought why not and had Emily make arrangements for her to interview the following day.

Ayana went with Emily to the company. Her interview wasn't for another 90 minutes. So she went to the coffee shop two blocks away. She found a table next to the window and sat down with her coffee and started people watching.

Ayana found herself looking at a guy across the street. He was tall and cute. Dressed in jeans, a black hooded sweatshirt, and a black cap. He was waiting to cross the street. As he started to cross the street towards the coffee shop she shook her head quickly and started to focus for her interview.

For the next 10 minutes she was concentrating. But suddenly she felt someone staring at her. She looked around and then realized that same guy crossing the street was two tables away looking at her. Caught staring, he quickly looked down at his phone and tried to look busy. Ayana who isn't shy, kept looking at him to see if he would look at her again. And right then, he looked up and their eyes met. Of course, Ayana smiled at him. He was cute afterall. He smiled back. Just then, her phone rang. It was Emily telling her to the company now. She got up, looked at him one last time and took off.

The interview was progressing along. Talking with various people and understanding what they were looking for. She was in one of the conference rooms that had tall glass walls. Ayana was filling out paperwork when the same guy from the coffee shop walks by. He notices her by her outfit and the way she keeps pushing her long hair behind her ear. He walks over to an employee in one of the cubicles. “Hyung, who is that girl in the conference room?” He tells him, she was an applicant but wasn't sure which job. “Do you think she will get the job?” “I think so. Ha-yoon came over with the final paperwork.” He smiles knowing that he needs to find out who she is and and goes upstairs to one of the practice rooms.

Three days later, Ayana starts work and heads over to the company in the morning. She meets up with Ha-yoon who was going to introduce her to who she will be working with. They get to the practice room where three members were there waiting for the others arrive. The three were Suho, Xiumin, and D.O. Everyone in the group knew someone was to help with their English. But were hoping it wasn't anyone like their previous teacher. And they were relieved to find out it was Ayana. Baekhyun, Sehun, and Chen arrived. They were introduced. Since Suho was the leader and understood English the most, he was talking with Ayana. Just then, the door swings open with laughs as Chanyeol and Kai walk through. The laugh stops suddenly as Ayana looks up. He sees her and thinks to himself, “it's her.” And Ayana sees that it is the guy from the coffee shop.