Confession

Atypical Love

It has been a couple of months and the flirting between Ayana and Chanyeol has gotten a little more serious. However both were not sure if they should take it to the next level. There was some hesitation on both sides. Ayana did not want to jeopardize her job by getting involved. And Chanyeol did not want to put her in an awkward situation to mix her personal life with her job. So everything stayed the same until the wedding of one of the managers.

Everyone was invited manager Hyun-Ki’s wedding. Ayana was not planning to go but Chanyeol and Chen had persuaded her. They said she could go with them. So they went to pick her up at her place. Ayana told them to text her when they got there so they did not have to park and get out the car.

Ayana came out in a navy colored dress. A halter style that ended right above the knees. A little revealing but not to much. Her long hair was up with tendrils of hair framing her face. No fancy jewelry. Diamond solitaire earrings and a necklace with a white gold cross pendent. Despite looking simple, Chanyeol thought she looked stunning. He could not help but get out the car to greet her and opened the car door. As she was getting, Chanyeol whispered, “you look beautiful.” He laughed and said, “Did I just say out loud what was in my head?” Slightly embarrassed, Ayana thought that Chanyeol looked very handsome in his suit.

There was dancing during the reception. Ayana wondered if Chanyeol would ask her to dance. She looked at Chanyeol talking with someone across the table. She did not think anytime soon he was going to ask her. But she wanted to go out to the dance floor. So, she looked to her left and asked the guy next to her to dance. Suho is the one she spoke with a lot in the group. It was probably because he was the one who understood English the most. They were close so he did not hesitate to dance with Ayana.

Eventually a slow song started to play. Suho looked at Ayana, “do you still want to dance?” “Sure, why not,” she replied.

During the song Suho asked, “Do you see Chanyeol?”

”Yeah, why?”

”Is he staring at you?”

”Yup!” And Ayana started to laugh a little.

”Stop laughing,” Suho teased. “He going to think we are having to much fun and he will get mad at me.”

”He shouldn’t,” she said. “He had his chance and he missed it.”

A second slow song started but Suho brought Ayana back to the table. He did not want to risk it.

It was a little warm inside, so Ayana decided to step outside on the balcony to get some fresh air. Chanyeol followed her. Ayana gets to the railing and looks out into the city. It was a pretty night. The view was amazing especially with the moon in the background. Chanyeol came up from behind, touched her back softly and said her name to not startle her.

”Isn’t the view pretty?” She said to Chanyeol as she looked towards the city.

Chanyeol looked at the city and then towards her, “But not as pretty as you.”

Ayana felt a flutter in her heart. She didn’t know what to say or what to do. She just kept her hands on the railing and looked down. Chanyeol grabbed each of her hands and held it in his in order for her to turn and look towards him. But she couldn’t look up. And the flutters continued.

”Please look at me,” Chanyeol said. Slowly, Ayana looked up at him.

“I see you almost every day. And the time in the day I don’t, I still think of you. I wonder what you’re doing. I wonder if you are smiling. I wonder if you are sad. I wonder if you have eaten. And at night, I fall asleep thinking about you and hoping you would be in my dreams. I never felt this way. I want to be by your side. And I want you to stand by my side. I just want to give you my heart.”

Ayana was quiet for a minute taking everything in. Then she said, ”I want to give you my heart too. But...”