Relationship Confirmed

Atypical Love

The sun started to shine through the curtains lighting up Ayana’s bedroom. Ayana started to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Chanyeol staring at her. “How long have you been awake?”

”Not too long.” And Chanyeol swiped the hair that fell down in front of her face. “You should have woken me up,” Ayana said.

”I wanted to look at you sleep. You are cute when you sleep,” Chanyeol leaned over and kissed her.

After a little bit, Ayana pulled away and said, “Morning breath.” She giggled and smiled. “I don’t care,” he replied and went back to kissing her.

An hour passed and Ayana stomach grumbled. Chanyeol laughed and suggested they get up and get breakfast. He told her to take a shower and get ready. While she was showering, Chanyeol left for the cafe down the street and grabbed some pastries and coffee. During breakfast, they decided to spend the rest of the day together. Chanyeol had a schedule, but Ayana never minded hanging around during it even when she didn’t have to.

After the photo shoot, they decided to grab dinner. Dinner was going well until the manager came to the table. He informed Chanyeol there were fans outside waiting for him. It was not out of the ordinary to have fans hang around waiting for any of the guys everywhere they go. Except, the group outside was a little larger than usual.

Because of the group waiting for them, the two of them decided to finish up their meal and head out.

”Be sure to stick to me close,” Chanyeol said to Ayana before they got to the front of the restaurant. As they walked out the doors, the group of girls got excited. There were a few cameras flashes and the crowd surrounded them as they walked forward. Suddenly the crowd had separated them. Ayana was now in the middle of the crowd that was behind Chanyeol. Chanyeol noticing that Ayana wasn’t behind him anymore stopped. Looking a little annoyed at the group, turned around walked back through the crowd and took Ayana’s hand and started to walk forward again. They reached the car and Chanyeol opened the door for Ayana to get in and closed it. He got in the other side and they left.

The next morning, Ayana received a text from Chanyeol to give him a call when she woke up. She called and he asked, “Did you go on social media?”

”No, I just called you first thing. Why?” 

”A story of me dating is all over social media because of last night. I am sorry but I wasn’t thinking when I grabbed your hand. I wanted you to be safe and close to me from that crowd. There are pictures of us posted.”

Ayana sighed. But knowing eventually, their relationship will eventually come out. But wasn’t thinking it would happen this soon. “That’s okay. Did the company call you about it yet?”

”Yes,” Chanyeol replied. “They called me first thing this morning. Will you be ready in an hour? I will get you. They want to talk to us.”

At the company, they went to meet with one of the managers. After a discussion of how they should respond, it was decided that they were going to confirm Chanyeol was dating. A statement was released that Chaneyeol has been dating a non-celebrity since the beginning of the year.

A letter from Chanyeol was posted online. The note was as follows:

Hello. This is Chanyeol from Exo.

I am sorry to everyone who was surprised at the sudden news this morning. I am worried I am writing to you late about what has happened to me since the beginning of the year. It is true I have found someone to share with my personal thoughts with who cares about me unconditionally. But I assure you that it has not changed me as the Chanyeol you have supported with your love.

I am Chanyeol the singer who is grateful to you the fans who have been standing by me. I will continue to work hard to earn your love and support. 

Thank you for being on this beautiful journey.