The Breakup

Atypical Love

As much as Anaya and Chanyeol truly care and love each other. There was something still something bothering Anaya. She always tried to push it away in her mind and was able to deny it. But she realize it was not fair to her or to him. She loved him too much. She still felt she could not give him what he wants. Chanyeol wanted her to be with him as much as possible. Which is practically what she had been doing especially since she worked with the group. She actually felt a little suffocated. And she was worried that she would start to resent him because of it.

After practice, Chanyeol suggested Anaya to go over to his place. Anaya wanted to go home but reluctantly agreed to go with him. There at his place they had dinner delivered. Anaya was not paying to much attention to Chanyeol staring at her with a worried look.

"Something wrong? You have not been yourself this evening," he said.

She didn't reply to his question right away. She wasn't sure if she should tell him. She smiled at him and told him everything is ok. Chanyeol knew she was lying. He did not press her any longer. The next day was a day off for both of them, so he suggested she stay over as she usually does. They eventually went to bed. They did not say much. He just held her and she fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up but Anaya was not in the room. He was not worried. He knew she was up early making her made from scratch muffins all the guys from EXO love to eat. They all lived in the same building and always come over in the morning when she stays over. Chanyeol went into the kitchen and saw Suho and Chen there talking and joking with her. She was back to herself again he saw. The morning was going well. Baekhyun and Kai later joined them. It seemed as nothing was ever wrong in his mind.

When everyone left, Chanyeol told her to get ready while he washed the dishes. He got ready afterwards and they took off to go and spend the day by the ocean. While walking on the beach holding hands they walked by a log so he stopped and helped her on the log so they were face to face. He looked into her eyes and asked, "What is wrong?"

She did not know what to say. She stared at him and a tear fell. He wiped it and hugged her tightly. Worried, he was afraid to ask again because he did not want to hear what she had to say if it was going to be what he thought. She hugged him tightly but did not say a word.

They hugged each other for a long time before she said, "I can't give you want you want."

"What", he replied. "You are everything to me. I have everything because of you"

"My heart is there and it is all yours. But I do not think it is enough." She then pulled away and looked at him.

Confused, he did not know what to say.

"You always want me there to be with you. I am. But yet it does not seem to be enough."

Surprisingly, he knew what she meant. She was there by his side. But he wanted her there more. He always wanted her to be with him everywhere he went. He sometimes complained when she was not. He realized it was his jealousy that got the best of him then when she was not there and she was having fun with other people without him. All this time before they got together he never knew that about himself. He never dated anyone seriously before.

He tried to reassure her it was okay and it was enough. But as well as he knew her, she knew him too. She knew he needed more. 

They didn't say anything else and just held each other with tears falling on both their faces.

They eventually left the beach, got in the car and drove in silence. They had made plans to have dinner at his parents so they were heading straight there.

When they arrived, his mom could tell something was wrong. After dinner when Anaya helped her with the dishes, she asked her what was going on between the two of them. Anaya told her what she had been feeling. His mom understood her. 

She took Anaya's hand and said to her, "I love my son. And I have learned to love you as my other daughter. You have become a part of this family. No matter what you two decide, please still be a part of this family. It would be hard if you two are not together, but I hope you find it in your heart to still be a part of it." Anaya hugged her when she noticed Chanyeol in the doorway.

Anaya and Chanyeol left to go home. Before he dropped her off, they stopped somewhere to talk. They sat in the car in silence for a few minutes. Then Chanyeol asked her, "what do you want to do about us?"

She replied, "We need a break...a break from each other somehow." They both knew they could not avoid each other and will still see each other often. He reluctantly agreed with such a sad look. They drove off. He walked her to her door. He looked at her and just kissed her on her forehead and walked away. While walking inside, she looked at Chanyeol as he walked away and wondered if she is doing the right thing.