A Year Later

Atypical Love

The relationship between Chanyeol and Ayana has lasted for 15 months. And during those months since it was revealed that they were in a relationship, Ayana had found some difficult moments being his girlfriend. There were many negative hateful comments about her. And when they were out in public, dating an idol is a lot different than dating a regular person. They still had to be careful how they appeared in public. They could not show too much affection for one another. That was always a worry for Ayana. She did not want to hurt Chanyeol’s appeal to the fans because she saw if she did that, that was also hurting EXO. He knew she was having a hard time despite always reassuring her not to worry about it. He wanted to protect her. He wanted to keep her close. When they would leave somewhere and there were fans, he made sure he held her hand when they navigated through the crowd. He was sweet about it. Always grabbing her hand, saying "Are you ready?", then walking through sometimes looking back at her to make sure she was okay. 

Another thing she found difficult was that she had to think about how her relationship with others appear to the public. She could just be friends with anyone and hanging out in public. If she was out with a few people that included guys, she may be criticized for hanging out a guy when she should be with Chanyeol. That added fuel towards negative comments about her.

She did not like that. That wasn’t fair. She grew up knowing that people of the opposite can be friends. It was easy for her to make friends. And it was't any different there in Seoul. She wasn’t Korean so foreigners and English-speaking idols were drawn to her. She became friends with some of the idols inside the company as well as outside. However, that caused Chanyeol to be uneasy at times. Not because he didn't trust her, but sometimes it took away their time together. If he had his way, she would always be by his side. And their situation would allow this. Her job is to be with him and the other members. But with all couples, it is good to have some time apart. Anaya would make time for her friends otherwise she knew she would go crazy.