Long Awaited Introduction

The Circle of Eden

The pair reached the heart of the forest and Yves slowly flapped her wings to land then transformed back into her human appearance. Hyejoo walked next to her and let out a much stronger howl compared to her feeble one on her first day of training.

The howl echoed through the forest, rivaling Hyunjin's howl. It hushed the entire forest and the goddesses trickled in.

The first ones to arrive were Hyunjin and Heejin. Hyunjin arrived as a cheetah with rabbit Heejin clutching on for dear life on her back. The two transformed into their original forms. "Is everything alright?" "Hyejoo are you ok?" The two worriedly asked.

Hyejoo opened to respond, but Yves stopped her. "We'll tell you once the others get here."

They nodded slowly understanding that this information is important.

The sounds of hooves were distant. A slender doe galloped through the trees followed by a white bird, an owl, and a bat dancing around the branches. The four of them slowed their pace and regained their forms when they reached the group in the clearing.

Before they asked, Yves answered their questions. "Everything is fine, we just have something important to announce." Hyejoo nodded once in affirmation.

They all exchanged confused glances with each other and waited for the rest of the girls to arrive.

A river ran close by and two aquatic friends popped up. A frog hopping from rock to rock announced its presence with a deep croak then transformed into a short hyperactive girl. Another was a blue and black betta fish who jumped out the water. Before the fish landed she transformed into a beautiful blonde goddess.

The two approched the goddesses, sensing the tension they decided it's best not to speak and patiently wait for the last two girls.

Hyunjin spoke up. "Should I get them? Their forms aren't exactly the fastest..." After saying that the last two girls stumbled out of the trees panting. "Guess it's not necessary anymore." "We-we're...here..." Their feet dragged as they completed the group.

"Took you guys long enough." Yves shot the red haired girl a playful look. "Would you rather have me waddle here?" She jokingly threatened. Yves chuckled at her question.

"Anyways!" Yves clapped her hands together. "We have something to announce! Go on Hyejoo." She urged the wolf.

She nervously glanced around at the expecting faces. Yves knelt down and whispered encouraging words into the young wolf's ears. "Hello...I'm Son Hyejoo." She squeaked out. Her ears perked at the sound of her saying her own name.

Eyes widened and several gasps escaped astonished grins. "NO WAY, SHE SPOKE?" "I knew it was going to happen soon, but not this fast." "This is crazy!" Comments flooded from everyone's mouth. "You know I would've thought she would have a deeper voice for a wolf." "Her voice is still a baby~" Others teased.

"Alright that's enough everyone." The overlapping voices softened. "We all know what we have to do now. It's time for a proper introduction." 

Starting with Heejin. "I am Jeon Heejin, the Protector of Life. My spirit animal being a rabbit. I am the first goddess created on this land. I have the power to give life, I gave every one of these goddesses their lives. Including you, Hyejoo." She then looked to the girl next to her, signaling that it was her turn. 

"I am Kim Hyunjin, the Protector of Animals. My spirit being a cat. I train the other goddesses in mastering their spirit animal. I have the power to shapeshift into any animal of my choosing and I keep balance in the animal kingdom." She proudly says, puffing out her chest. "However, I am only able to transform into each animal once a day. For example, I arrived here as a cheetah. Once I transform either into another animal or back into my human form I can no longer transform into a cheetah for the rest of the day. Except for a cat since it is my spirit animal." She gave a thorough explanation. Hyejoo nodded, understanding.

A short haired girl stepped forward. "I am Jo Haseul, the Spirit of Rain, and leader of the Protectors and Spirits. my spirit animal being a white bird. I have the power to bring rain wherever I go." "Sometimes unintentionally." Someone muttered. "Who said that?!" Of course no one spoke up. Haseul sighed. "Sometimes I think it's more of a curse than a power, but I brought rain to this forest as it was originally a grass plain."

The youngest girl piped up, energy discharging from her personality. "I am Im Yeojin!!" Hyejoo flinched at the volume of her voice. "I'm the Protector of Children! I protect children of all kinds." She thumped her chest with a fist. "The animals created here were all babies and I took care of them all!" She flashed a blinding smile. "My spirit animal is a frog!" She then imitated a croak.

A girl, who looked quite young, spoke softly. "I am Wong Kahei, the Spirit of the Forest, and I originally resided from another land. My goddess name is Vivi and my spirit animal is a deer. I brought trees to this land to shield the animals here from harsh weather. I am also the oldest out of all the goddesses."

Hyejoo was confused. "How are you the oldest when you are not the first goddess?" Vivi smiled, her eyes turning into crescent moons. "That's a very observant question, the reason behind it is due to the fact that we were all created at different times, but placed on this land in a certain order." "I see, thank you." Vivi turned to the next girl.

The next goddess was unique looking, she sported brown hair with a stripe of blonde on one side and a darker shade of brown on the other. "I am Kim Jungeun, the Watcher of the Sky, and leader of the Watchers. My goddess name is Kimlip and my spirit animal is an owl. Us watchers have a special power called Odd-Eyes. We use these powers to defend against other spiritual beings who look to cause trouble in our realm. I have the ability to move with super speed even through time itself." Her left eye has a crescent glowing a fiery red which soon disappeared.

The blonde goddess from the water before gently smiled at the wolf. "My name is Jung Jinsol, my goddess name not too far off being that it's Jinsoul. I am the Watcher of the Waters. Whether it's the vast ocean or the smallest puddle, I watch all bodies of water. My power is teleportation." Her left eye glowed in a similar fashion to Kimlip's however, her eye glowed a calming deep blue. "And my spirit animal is a blue betta fish."

Next was a girl with bright purple/pink hair. "Hi! I'm Choi Yerim the Watcher of the Land! My goddess name is Choerry and my spirit animal is a fruit bat. My power is kinda complicated." She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted cutely. "There are portals located in random spots in this world. I use these portals to travel to different worlds. In other words it's like teleporting, but with other dimensions...if that makes sense." Her right eye shined a bright purple, matching her hair.

It was Yves turn, she stood up and put her hands on her hips. "I'm Ha Sooyoung my goddess name is Yves. I'm the Guardian of Autumn and Leader of the Guardians. We are the ones who control the changes of the seasons." She gestured to Hyejoo. "Before you came the seasons were unbalanced, once you become a full goddess there will be order. As you saw before, my spirit animal is a swan." She turned to the girls who arrived late.

A red haired girl with pigtails gave Hyejoo a bubbly smile. "I'm Kim Jiwoo, my goddess name is Chuu, and my spirit animal is a penguin!" She put her arms to her side and waddled. She then stopped and continued her introduction. "I am the Guardian of Winter. Makes sense right? A penguin for the winter!" She laughed. "Sorry about being late, can't really run with short penguin legs and I can't really slide around on grass." Chuu rubbed her neck sheepishly. "Anyways, next!" 

The final girl had blonde hair tied into a ponytail with a ribbon. She gave Hyejoo a kind look. The young wolf's breath hitched a bit at her beauty. She looked like a princess, which would ironically be a demotion from her current goddess position. "I'm Park Chaewon." Her voice was so soft that Hyejoo had to flex her ears to hear her. "My goddess name is Gowon and I am the Guardian of Spring. My spirit animal being a butterfly." She shyly looked down. "I'm also sorry for being late, butterfly wings aren't very fast either."

Yves patted her back and smiled. "It's ok we know."

"Ummm, do I have to introduce myself too?" Hyejoo was wondering. Yves placed her hand on the young wolf's head. "Not yet, once you are able to transform into a human form that is when you introduce yourself to us." She smiled at the thought of the wolf growing and maturing even further.

Night fell and the stars shown above the girls. "It's been a long day for all of us, especially for Hyejoo." Haseul chuckled at the wolf who struggled to keep her eyes open. "Let's call it a day and we can talk to Hyejoo some more tomorrow." Everyone agreed to the idea and started to head back.

"Oh wait Vivi!" Yves stopped the doe eyed goddess. "Yes?" She paused. "I almost forgot, Hyejoo injured her leg earlier and I haven't fully healed it yet. Do you think you can finish healing her for me?" "Of course! No problem at all."

Vivi knelt down to examine Hyejoo's leg. There was a large gash on the side that was starting to open again after Hyejoo ran. "What happened exactly?" "Umm...I wasn't watching where I was going and fell into a hole. There was a sharp rock at the bottom too. I dodged it slightly, but it still grazed my leg. It doesn't hurt much though." She reassured the older girls.

"Mmm...I see. Well either way it might get infected so I'll take care of it right now." Vivi hovered her hands above Hyejoo's leg like Yves did before. Except this time rather than light emitting from her hands, roots and vines grew from the ground and wrapped around Hyejoo's leg. Startled, Hyejoo's head snapped up to look at Yves. "It's alright, she uses the energy of the forest to heal."

Hyejoo's fear converted to curiosity and she looked closer at the vegetation. A minute later the vines released the wolf's leg and sunk back into the ground. The injury was no longer there, almost as if it never happened.

The wolf stood up and hopped around testing out her newly healed leg. She turned to look at her back leg. "Wow, that was amazing! There's not even a scar." She then turned to Vivi. "Thank you very much." She bowed politely.

"It's really no problem, have a nice night." Vivi waved goodbye before transforming into a deer and trotting into the forest.

Hyejoo let out a wide yawn. Making Yves chuckle. "C'mon Hyejoo let's go home."