Early Training

The Circle of Eden

Yves spent most of the night chasing Hyejoo around the shrine trying to get her to go to bed. Baby Hyejoo quickly dodged and ducked around thinking it was a little game of tag, she happily yapped and barked with her pink tongue flopping around.

"Hyejoo-ah...pleaaaase...go to sleep." Yves begged Hyejoo between tired breaths. To her surprise Hyejoo sat down slightly panting. Yves sighed. "Was it really that easy? All I had to do was just to ask her?..." She held her head in her hands and waved a hand into the air, materializing a bed for herself and a basket with a blanket for the pup.

Yves put the basket on the ground and knelt down. "C'mere Hyejoo-ah." She patted her thighs trying to get the pup to walk over. The baby wolf clumsily tottered over, tripping over her own paws earning a snicker from Yves. She cocked an eyebrow. "Is this the same wolf that outran me?" Once Hyejoo reached Yves she sat down in front of her patiently.

Yves pointed to the basket. "This...is...your...bed...ok?" She spoke slowly hoping that she would understand. Unfortunately Hyejoo wasn't interested in the basket and walked up to Yves' bed. Hopping around on her hind legs she struggled to jump onto the bed.

"Hyejoo-ah that's not your bed." Hyejoo whimpered and whined wanting to get on the bigger bed. Yves stood up and picked up the pup and set her down on top of the bed.

"Fine you can sleep here, BUT only for tonight. Got it?" She pointed a finger at Hyejoo who was happily wagging her tail. Hyejoo gave a little bark in reply and circled the bed a couple times before settling down in the middle of the bed.

Yves rolled her eyes and pushed her slightly to the side to make room for herself. Hyejoo gave a big yawn and snuggled into Yves' warmth. "You're really lucky you're cute." She sighed a little too many times that night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came much too soon for Yves, sunlight shown through a window and right into her eyes causing her face to scrunch up in irritation. "Ugh..." She pulled the covers over her head and attempted to go back to sleep. Her attempt was in vain as Hyunjin bursted through the door.

"Gooood Moooorning! Oh?" She looked at the two sleeping next to each other. Yves peeked out the blanket and groaned. "Aww you guys bonded well." Hyunjin smirked. "Tell me about it..." She put her arm over her eyes to shield herself from the sun. "Well you can sleep in a bit more, I'll be taking Hyejoo for the day to teach her how to be a wolf." She scooped up the sleepy wolf and headed towards the door.

"Thaaanks..." Yves lazily waved a hand at them before falling back asleep. Hyunjin chuckled at the fact that one of the most gorgeous goddesses was not a morning person.

Hyunjin held Hyejoo in front of her face. Hyejoo blinking away the sleepiness and staring at Hyunjin. "Today we're going to be training, doesn't that sound like fun?" She touched her nose to Hyejoo's, then walked towards an open field.

Hyunjin put Hyejoo down in the grass and she curiously sniffed around the area. "Hyejoooo~" Hyunjin called fondly. Getting her attention she looked up and turned her head towards Hyunjin. "Watch this!" Hyunjin shapeshifted herself into a large brown wolf and laid down in the grass to match the pup's height. Hyejoo's eyes sparkled with fascination and excitement. 

The baby wolf circled Hyunjin, taking in her new appearance. She playfully headbutted the bigger wolf and jumped up to nip at her ears. Hyunjin laughed and stood up. "Alright I know you're excited, but we're here to learn." She nosed the pup along. "Let's start with basic communication. Can you howl Hyejoo-ah?"

Hyejoo tilted her head sideways. "Here like this." Hyunjin took a deep breath and let out a long deep howl that echoed through the forest. Hyejoo's eyes widened in amazement. She puffed up her chest and proudly let out a small high pitched arooo. Hyunjin smiled and nuzzled the pup. "Good job Hyejoo-ah! Doing that tells me where you are, so remember that if you're in trouble and I'll come running."

"Alright next is hunting!" Hyunjin smirks as she spots a familiar rabbit hopping around a bush. She started to crouch. "Look at that rabbit Hyejoo-ah." She whispered to the pup. Hyejoo looked around and saw a white rabbit with black spots. She flattened her ears and a soft growl left . "Ok Hyejoo you need to lower your body so she can't see you, you also have to move slowly or else she'll hear you too. And at the right time you pounce!" Hyunjin demonstrated a small jump.

Following Hyunjin's directions she moved closer to the rabbit who was cleaning herself. She got closer and closer, slowing her movements to the point she barely moves an inch. She even adjusts her position to move against the wind so the rabbit doesn't smell her scent. Hyunjin proudly watches her from a distance. Hyejoo holds her breath and jumps right on top of the rabbit, the rabbit shrieking in surprise.

Right before Hyejoo goes in for the kill, the rabbit spoke. "Hyejoo!" Surprised, Hyejoo stops her jaws from biting down on the creature in front of her. "Hyejoo! It's me Heejin!" Shocked, Hyejoo gets off the rabbit and watches the rabbit transform into Heejin.

She knelt down beside the pup. "Oh man you scared me so bad." She puts her hand over her erratically beating heart. Hyejoo gave her apologetic on her hand. Heejin giggles and pets her. "It's ok Hyejoo-ah~"

Hyunjin comes running over and transforms back into her human form. She clutches her stomach doubling over in laughter, she leaned on a tree for support. "Hahahaha!!! That was quite a scream Jeon Heejin!!" She wipes a tear from her eye.

Heejin glared at Hyunjin. "Kim Hyunjin! I should've known you would be behind this. No wonder why you asked me where I was going to be in the forest." She crossed her arms in annoyance.

"Hahaha...ah...oh man that was too funny." Hyunjin's laughter subsided. She stood up straight becoming a little more serious. "But anyways Hyejoo is a fast learner and is very observant, she got her prey on her first try!" She happily announced. 

Heejin narrowed her eyes at Hyunjin and then sighed. "I guess that was a successful hunt." She glanced down at Hyejoo who had her tail tucked between her legs and ears flattened in guilt. "Awww it's ok Hyejoo, I'm fine! You did good for your first hunt." She praised the pup.

"Now as for you." She shot a look at Hyunjin. "Don't think you're off the hook. I'll think of something for you to do to make it up for me later. And I hope you'll take future training sessions more seriously." 

"Yes ma'am..." Hyunjin slumped her shoulders and watched Heejin walk back towards her shrine. She then smirked and knelt down to Hyejoo. "Totally worth it~" She whispered.