First Sign

The Circle of Eden

Today was the last day of training. In a little over 2 months, Hyejoo has completed her spirit animal training. Hyejoo grew rapidly not only mentally but physically. She was more than twice her size and darker fur replaced her light gray. Her eyes turn lighter everyday, from a deep black to a blinding silver. However with her growth came hints of her teenage attitude.

She took after Hyunjin's disinterested personality after spending so much time with her. Yves would scold her for little things staying up too late and not listening to her. To which Hyejoo would turn her head away, pretending that she didn't hear her.

It got to the point where Hyejoo stopped hiding the fact she ignores whatever Yves said and would straight up walk away.

Both of them are reaching the edge and all it takes is a little push to set them both off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yves was fed up and needed help so went to Haseul and Kimlip for advice. Yves' rubbed her temples and sighed. Kimlip leaned over to Haseul and whispered. "I haven't seen Yves this stressed before." "Me too." Haseul whispered back.

"I can hear you guys you know." Yves raised an eyebrow. "Anyways you guys are the leaders of your groups how did you deal with troublesome members?" Haseul and Kimlip stared at each other for a second and then returned their gaze back to Yves. "Well...we didn't really have any troublesome members..." Yves groaned. "Great...just my luck."

"The most trouble I had was with Yeojin and Hyunjin, but it's only because Yeojin is loud and Hyunjin likes to annoy Heejin." Really nothing to the extent of a member ignoring you.

Kimlip nodded in agreement. "Jinsoul and Choerry aren't very rowdy, except when they start acting cute then it's a little..." Kimlip in air through her clenched teeth and shook her head in disapproval.

Yves held her face in her hands. "Why is she like this? She wasn't like this before." Haseul hummed and put a finger on her chin before responding. "It could be the fact that she's an alpha." Yves looked up from her hand. "A what?" "An alpha." Haseul repeated.

"You know an alpha wolf? Hyunjin was telling me about Hyejoo developing her personality and she slowly started to notice that Hyejoo wasn't as hyper as she was before." She thoroughly explained.

"Ahh I see so basically she's questioning your authority." Kimlip added. "This also explains why her training period was so short, she perfected being a wolf before she even became an adult."

"Alright we all know she's smart and mature, but it still doesn't tell me how to get her to listen to me." Kimlip shrugged her shoulders. "Well you just have to prove to her that you're more alpha than she is." "How?" She asked desperately. "I don't remember a swan being able to beat a wolf in a fight." "No one said you had to fight her, just prove you're more experienced."

"And if it doesn't work out just give her to Hyunjin." She joked.

"Even if it worked like that I wouldn't." Yves stubbornly said. "She's my responsibility and my member." She sighed as she saw the sun go down. "I'm going to go back now, she's probably almost done training. Thanks for your help, hopefully it all works out okay." She waved as she walked away. 

"We're rooting for you!" Haseul threw a fist in the air trying to give Yves strength. "And be patient with her! She's still a baby!" Haseul yelled out the last of her advice. "I'll try!" Yves yelled back and mimicked Haseul's fist.

Haseul and Kimlip watched her walk away until the trees blocked their view. "Do you think she'll be ok?" Haseul looked at Kimlip with worry in her eyes. "Oh, definitely not. Knowing those two, it's going to be a mess." She lazily responded. "Can't do anything about it though, as she said before Hyejoo is her responsibility. We have no right to interfere." She simply said. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Back at Yves' shrine*

Yves was pacing back and forth in front of the door, wondering what she should say to Hyejoo. She jumped slightly when Hyejoo's claws clacked against the marble floor. 

"Hey Hyejoo...welcome back." She greeted. Hyejoo gave a short 'umph' in reply and walked past her. Yves' eye twitched slightly in annoyance due to the lack of response from the young wolf.

"Hyejoo. I think we need to talk." She turned around to face Hyejoo. "I- What in the world happened to your leg?!" Her eyes widened at Hyejoo's back leg that was matted with dried blood. "What did you do?? We need to fix it up right now. Did this happen during training?" Yves was spewing questions and sentences one after another.

She then reached out to touch the wolf's leg. Hyejoo quickly swung her body around to avoid the contact and growled, warning her to stay away. Yves furrowed her eyebrows. "Hyejoo. Let me help you if we don't clean your leg it will get infected and get worse." She firmly stated.

Hyejoo rolled her eyes and half heartedly lapped up some of the blood with her tongue then called it a day. All she wanted to do was sleep. However Yves wouldn't accept that. "Hyejoo! That's not cleaning it!" She scolded the wolf that was getting ready to lay down. The canine flexed her ears back and shut her eyes tightly, ignoring the older girl.

"Hyejoo do you hear me?! I'm talking to you, why don't you listen to me?!" Hyejoo snapped up from her position and a whiny high pitched voice came out. "Enough!! I heard you!" Surprised, Yves took a step back.

"Did you...did you just talk?..." Hyejoo, who was equally surprised, was stunned. "I..." She started off meekly. "I think so..." Yves' frustration and anger quickly turned to astonishment. "Ha..." Yves' smile transformed into laughter. "Haha...hahaha!" Puzzled, the young wolf tilted her head. "What's so funny?"

"Haha...no, nothing is funny it's just amazing! You talked!" Yves waved her hands around excitedly. "Yeah and?" "And, this is the very first sign that you're one step closer to becoming a goddess!" She beamed. "Once you complete your animal spirit training, you later gain the ability to talk. But who knew it would've happened so fast?!" She spoke so fast that she was out of breath.

She paused all of a sudden. "Give me your leg, I'm healing it right now. I want to tell the others that you know how to talk." She took a step towards the injured wolf. Hyejoo reluctantly obliged and stuck her injured leg out.

Yves held her hand above the wound and slowly exhaled. Hyejoo quietly watched Yves's magic in front of her. A faint glow emitted from the gash and steadily closed until the glow faded. "You can run but it's not fully healed, it's the best I can do though." She folded and opened her hand a couple times. Vivi can fix up the rest of it for you once we meet up with them." The wolf nodded in understanding. 

"Now let's go!"

Yves effortlessly transformed into a bright white swan and flapped her long wings causing leaves and grass to fly everywhere. Hyejoo squinted at dust that flew into her eyes, but it didn't stop her from watching Yves' magnificence. 

The two of them raced towards the other goddess's shrines to tell them the good news.