Let's Hang Out

The Circle of Eden

The two slept till the afternoon. Yves woke up to the sound of her door creaking open. Gowon poked her head inside. "Hey, is Hyejoo here?"

Since she just woke up her words slurred a bit. "Yeaah...she's right here." And pointed next to her. Gowon tiptoed into the room, careful not to disturb the sleeping wolf. She stood next to the foot of the bed, staring at the canine. 

A sweet scent wafted into Hyejoo's nose. *Huh? That doesn't smell like Yves. What is that? Lavender?* Hyejoo thought half asleep. Her eyelids fluttered awake.

"Hey Hyejoo, you have a guest." Yves gently shook her. Hyejoo lifted her head to see who it was. "Who?..." Her eyes met the blonde girl. "Gowon! Wo-Woah!" Hyejoo got too excited and fell off the bed with a thud. "Ow..." Hyejoo's ears flattened and her tail drooped. Gowon giggled at the clumsy wolf. Yves' raised an eyebrow at the scene. "What's wrong with you today?"

Hyejoo ignored the question and she pushed herself back up. "Unf. When did the floor get there?" Hyejoo tried to play it off, slightly embarrassed. Gowon put a hand over and laughed at the joke. "Good afternoon Hyejoo." She smiled. "Good afternoo- Wait afternoon?? We slept that long?" Hyejoo looked back and forth between the two girls.

"Can you blame us? We had a long night." Yves stretched her arms and yawned. Gowon tilted her head. "Oh? what did you guys do?" "We just talked the night away." "About?" Yves glanced at Hyejoo, wondering if she should tell her. Then Hyejoo spoke up. "Just random stuff like how I hurt my leg yesterday. It's fine now though." 

Gowon wasn't buying it, but she didn't want to press anymore. "I see." She changed the topic. "Anyways I was on my way to go hang out with Choerry and Yeojin, I was wondering if you wanted to join us." Hyejoo unconsciously wagged her tail. "Of course! I'm doing not anything else today anyways. Right?" She turned to Yves. "That's right you've completed your training so you're free to do whatever you want now. Just stay safe! I'm talking about you Hyejoo." She narrowed her eyes at the wolf. 

"That was one time!" She sighed. Gowon smiled at the banter between the two. "Great! Let's go, they're playing down by the creek." She waved excitedly at Yves. "Bye bye!" Yves happily returned the wave. "I'll see you later!" Hyejoo rushed out the door. "It's been awhile since I've seen her this excited." She smiled to herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*At the creek*

The sound of splashing and laughing can be heard. Take that! Choerry swiped her hand upwards with a trail of water following it. Yeojin quickly blocked the attack with her hands. "Haha that's nothing! I'm a frog, you can't beat me when it comes to water!" She then retaliated by jumping up and down in the water. Waves of water rippled through the creek.

"Yeojin! Choerry!" Gowon called out to them. The girls turned their heads to towards the source of the sound. "Uwaaah Gowon!" Choerry rushed out the water to hug her friend. "Hey wait for me!" Yeojin followed her closely. 

Gowon backed away from Choerry's arms. "Hey!" She pouted. "Sorry, but you're soaking wet." Yeojin snuck up on Gowon and gave her a backhug. "Now you are too!" She snickered. Gowon's head whipped around to look at the shorter girl. "Yah! Im Yeojin!" Choerry took this as a chance to hug her while she was distracted. "Choi Yerim!" She whined.

Once the two girls let go of Gowon she looked down at her dress. "Awww you guys..." She started wringing out her dress. Hyejoo walked up slowly. Gowon saw her out of the corner of her eye and straightened up her body. "Oh yeah look who I brought along!" She beamed. 

"Hi..." She meekly said. "Hyejoo! Come play in the water with us. It's so refreshing!" Choerry beckoned her over to the edge of the water. Hyejoo perked up and trotted along the edge. She looked closer. "Wow the water is so clear!" "I know right?!" She could see right through the water to the bottom, where there were rocks of all shapes and colors.

Gowon kneeled down next to her. "It's beautiful isn't it?" She gently smiled. Hyejoo looked at her and then back to the water, the image of her smile plastered in her mind. "Yeah...it really is..." She smiled to herself.

Noticing how focused she was at the water, Gowon stealthily dipped her hand and splashed a bit of water into the young wolf's face. Hyejoo spluttered, shaking the water from her face. "Hahaha!" Gowon's eyes closed as she laughed and brought a hand up to . 

Hyejoo thought the sound of Gowon's laugh was wonderful. She wanted her to laugh as much as possible, even if it meant making herself look like a fool. "That wasn't fair, I wasn't ready!" She pouted. "Haha...all's fair in love and war." She mischievously grinned.

"Is that so? Then you won't mind if I did this." Hyejoo walked into the water. Gowon watched her in curiosity. She then rolled around a couple times to make sure she was dripping wet. She then vigorously shook her body causing water droplets to fly everywhere, showering Gowon. "Ahahaha! Yaaah!" To no avail, she shielded herself with her hands.

Hyejoo stopped shaking. There it was again. Her beautiful laugh. She laughed along with her. 

Choerry and Yeojin walked up to the two. "You guys seem to be having fun." "Yeah without us!" Yeojin pouted. Gowon wiped a bit of water off her face. "Haha sorry, but I think your splashing technique is rivaled Yeojin-ah." "What?! By who?!" Gowon points to Hyejoo. "Her~" She proudly says.

Yeojin narrowed her eyes. "Oh yeah? Let's see what you got." She crossed her arms in expectation. 

Hyejoo looked at at Yeojin then at Gowon, who threw an encouraging thumbs up. Hyejoo once again rolled into the water and shook herself, spraying the youngest girl. 

"Haha! That's pretty good!" Choerry stepped away before she got soaked. Yeojin wiped her face. "It was impressive, but it still doesn't beat my splashes." She puffed up her chest. "That's what you say to everyone." Choerry rolled her eyes. "But it doesn't!" She whined. "Whatever you saaay~" Gowon joined in on the teasing. "That's not fair you guys are ganging up against me." Hyejoo laughed at the three girls' antics then they continued their contest for who's splashes were best.

The sun was starting to set, bathing the forest in an orange tint. Choerry looked up at the sky, shielded her eyes from the sun. "Time passes by so fast when you're having fun. It's about time we head out. Thanks for spending time with us Hyejoo! Let's hang out again sometime~" Hyejoo nodded. "Gladly." Choerry smiled and waved goodbye, dragging Yeojin with her. "Woah." She stumbled a bit. "Byeeeeee~" She wildly flailed her arm around.

Hyejoo and Gowon decided to stay a bit longer. Sitting on the river bank, drying themselves with the rest of the sunlight they have left. Gowon hugged her knees and turned to Hyejoo. "Did you have fun today?" 

Hyejoo thought back on the events of the day and grinned. "Yeah I had lot's of fun, Choerry and Yeojin are entertaining." Gowon smiled. "I'm glad." She said softly. "I was worried that I might've forced you into something you didn't want to do."

"No I'm glad you invited me out, I don't think I would have had the courage to ask." Hyejoo assured. "Then I'll make sure to invite you out again next time!" "I look forward to it." Hyejoo beamed.

"We should get going while there's still light out." "Yeah we don't need you to fall into another hole." She smirked. "That was ooooone tiiime." She grumbled. 

They reached Yves' shrine. "This is where we split. I'll see you next time ok Hyejoo?" "Yeah, see ya!" Gowon waved good bye then turned to walk to her respective shrine.

Hyejoo walked into the shrine. "I thought I smelled wet dog." Yves teased. The wolf rolled her eyes and snorted. "I thought I heard an annoying honk." Yves brushed off the jab. "Let's get you dried off for bed." She held her hands out in front of her, channeling wind to blow against the damp canine. 

Once she was dry, she gave herself a good shake to set her fur back to its position. "I didn't know you could do that." Hyejoo said while jumping onto the bed. "Yeah it's due to me being a Guardian of Autumn. I use my power to speed up the process of falling leaves, in preparation for winter." Yves climbed in after. 

"Did you have fun with the girls? I know Choerry and Yeojin are quite active compared to you." She stated. "They are hyper, but I still enjoyed it." "That's good, now get some sleep. You'll probably have another long day tomorrow." She closed her eyes.

Hyejoo let out a tiny squeak when she yawned. She then lowered her head and replayed Gowon's laugh in her mind. Soon enough she fell asleep with a smile.