Answers

The Circle of Eden

The two made their way to Vivi's garden. They were greeted with a vast assortment of flowers.

"Wow it's beautiful." Her gaze followed a ladybug that was buzzing past. "Thank you!" Hyejoo jumped at the sudden voice. "Oops, sorry Hyejoo." Vivi smiled, her eyes turning into crescent moons. She was carrying a pot with a small sprout.

"Oooh what are you growing there?" Hyejoo looked at the plant curiously. "This is lavender. I was planning to give it to Gowon since she's so fond of it." "We can deliver it for you!" Hyejoo's ears perked up at the sound of Gowon's name. "Is that so? Well then, thank you very much!"

"We?" Haseul hissed into Hyejoo's ear. "Ah. Right..." Hyejoo just realized she has no hands to carry the pot. "Please? I'll make it up to you." She gave Haseul puppy eyes. 

Haseul sighed. "That's cheating, but fine." Vivi giggled at the two angrily whispering to each other. "Have you settled everything?" "Yes. I will carry the plant." She shot the wolf a glare.

Vivi wiped her hands on a towel. "So what brings you two here?" "Before we answer that, is Yeojin around?" Yeojin popped out from behind a rose hedge. "I heard my name?" She walked over with a water pail. "Oh! Hi Haseul, Hyejoo! Don't you think this garden is so pretty? Vivi worked very hard on it. Of course I helped a little." She smugly said.

Vivi patted her head. "Yes, and I appreciate your help Yeojin-ah." She beamed at the compliment.

"Anyways, we're here to ask you what you felt before your human transformation. Starting with Yeojin." They all looked at the younger girl.

"Uhhhh...well I was hopping along the bank of the river, and it recently rained pretty hard." She glanced at Haseul. "It wasn't me!" She crossed her arms forming an 'x'. "Sorry, that was just out of habit. I unconsciously look at you whenever I hear the word 'rain'." "That's mean..." She pouted.

Yeojin continued her story. "After the rain the river flow was much stronger than usual. And that's when I saw a fox with its kit hopping across stones to get to the other side. The mother got to the other side safely, but the kit struggled a bit. The stones were too far apart for it to make it, not only that but the stones were very slippery."

"Anyone can see that it's not going to end up well. The kit ended up slipping into the water. It held onto the rock for its life as the river slammed into its back mercilessly."

She clenched her fists. "I hopped over, obviously I didn't have much of a plan since I was a frog and the baby fox was like ten times my size. She spread out her hands representing the size of the pup."

"As the youngest I was always being taken care of, I always wanted to prove that I can be reliable for once and this was my chance! I Stretched out my hand and it actually turned into a hand! I quickly grabbed the kit by the scruff and crossed the rest of the river."

"After I put the kit down the mom ran over and it dry." She smiled. "Before they left the kit nuzzled me and the mom dipped her head like she was bowing and then they walked away." She paused. "Then I fell into the water trying to cross back over." She sighed.

"Haha! I remember! I was so shocked to see you in your goddess form, but was even more shocked that you were wet from head to toe!"

Haseul patted Yeojin on the shoulder. "But you know, we never thought of you as unreliable. We only treated you that way 'cus you were young and inexperienced. Look at yourself now! Taking care of all the children of the forest. We're really proud of you." She gently smiled at the younger girl.

Yeojin smirked. "Of course! It's my title after all..." She shyly looked away. "But thank you."

"Now what's your story Vivi?" "As I said before this land was originally a plain, there were little trees scattered about the area thus providing very little protection from the..." She hesitated. "...Elements." The three of them looked at Haseul. "She didn't even say rain!" Her eyes darted around. "Yeah, but it was implied." Yeojin snickered.

Vivi was holding back a laugh. "Ahem..." She tried to compose herself. "I remember there was one harsh winter where it was incredibly windy, it would chill us to the bone. We all shared a shrine because it was so cold." "You guys get cold?" Hyejoo asked. "Yes, we're not invincible so we can also be injured and potentially killed." "I see, how scary." "Indeed it is."

"I watched the girls huddle together for warmth. It was absolutely heartbreaking to see them shivering together. I wanted to create some form of shelter that'll shield us from the icy winds. At one point I've had absolutely enough of this suffering and walked outside to curse the skies." She laughed and threw a fist into the air and angrily shook it.

"The moment I walked out the door I saw something unexpected, I saw the smallest little sprout couragiously growing in this merciless weather. I bent down and looked at it closer, it was a thriving bright green. 'Amazing' I thought. I realized I want to protect and nurture it. Not only the plant, but my friends and the animals that reside here."

She took a deep breath. "I gently touched the sprout and suddenly I transformed! I wasn't the only one that transformed though, the sprout grew into a massive tree! Its roots grew covering the shrine, blocking out the wind. The ground shook so violently you would think it was an earthquake, but it was a forest growing right in front of your eyes! Her eyes went wide. "Truly an amazing sight."

"The other members stepped out to see what the commotion was all about and they momentarily forgot about the bitter cold when they were met with a lush forest. They congratulated me on my transformation and newfound power. After winter passed we got to witness the most beautiful scenery, the large tree turned out to be a plum blossom tree which reminds me of my original land."

"Unfortunately it's no longer in bloom as it is late spring now. But it's right over there!" She points to a large tree hovering over the shrine, engulfing it in its roots.

"That is amazing..." Hyejoo said breathlessly. It was one of the biggest trees in the forest not only that, but it was also not native to this land making it the only one.

"Thank you so much for your help!" Hyejoo politely bowed. Vivi laughed and patted her head. "Don't worry and thank you for delivering the plant for me!" Haseul begrudgingly picks up the plant. "Yeah...noooo problem...." She sighed and muttered under her breath. "It's not like I'll have to carry this all the way to the other side of the forest or anything..."

Vivi smiles at Haseul and gently cups her hands. Haseul tensed at the sudden contact. "Be careful, alright?" "I-I will." She stuttered. Vivi then slowly slides her hands off and waved the two goodbye. 

"Don't forget to stop by again!" Yeojin waved both of her hands at them.

"We won't!" Hyejoo yelled back. "What is this we stuff all about?" Haseul hissed again. "Oh please I saw the moment you two shared just then. You'd be lying if you didn't want to see Vivi again." 

"I-Wha-?" Haseul sputtered and her cheeks were flushed. "Nevermind let's go." She quickened her pace towards the shrines of the Watchers, not waiting to see if the young wolf was following.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes this chapter is so late, really sorry about that. It was tricky to write and I didn't want to give Vivi and Yeojin no lines like BBC.