Things are getting better!

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji and Minho entered the usual employee-filled company, Jung Multi Corp. She woke up late from a night talk, ultimate catch ups with her bestfriend the last night. Good thing, Minho went to her place and shake her off the bed. Greeted with all the employees she passed by; she did not even return a look. No one reacted, as she was always like this. Well, a little bit more. Because she was tense and nervous. So, even with the old lady cleaner who always greeted her with all smile since she was a child and happened to be her secret keeper whenever this particular old lady sees her crying in one of the back stairs after some scolding. At least, she looked at her. The tall guy punched the floor they are heading in the elevator. Inhaling and exhaling deeply, she felt the same hands which always comforts her.

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?” the smaller girl responded by tightening her hold. She will never say it, but she’s dying to go. Make some excuse of having upset stomach or swollen feet. She doesn’t know. All she needs is to escape, run away. Hearing the sound, they stepped out. With little tug as her knees are stiffed.

Hey, dad. How are you doin’?, Ahmm. Hello?, Hi?, Sorry about the last time., she has been practicing what to say at front of his father’s office for a couple of minutes now. Her hands were all sweating like crazy. Note that she has no sweaty hands. The rich kid wipes her hands on her jeans after realizing wiping them on her yellow shirt won’t help. Massaging her cheeks, just in case. Her bestfriend cannot hold his laughter and when was about to giggle hard, a small push brings her back in reality.

“Miss? How long have you been here?” Mr. Son placing his hand on her back

“Ah yeah. Uncle. I mean, Mr. Son. About a minute or two. We are about to get in. Really.” The older guy showed a small smile and tap her shoulders, giving Minho a tiny nod.

“Who are you convincing, kid? Let us get in… and please. Wipe the sweats on your forehead. I know you are cute when you are nervous, but you’ll be talking to your dad” CEO’s assistant said handing a handkerchief over. She elbowed her buddy and throw him a strong glare after noticing that he was stopping his laughter. Minho, being used to it, exchanged glare – sweet glare – and took the hankie from the girl and carefully dries her without smudging her simple make up. Which made his jaw drop, watching this cool bestfriend of him, applying foundation on her cute cheeks.

“You know what, uncle. Sometimes, I hate this side of yours” Eunji said facing the younger guy, slightly close, letting him continue what his doing.

“If I don’t know you both since you were kids, I will definitely say you look good together” the older guy continued teasing them. And not to Eunji’s luck…

“I know right? Thanks, uncle. We do look good together” Minho interrupted.

The three entered the office. Mr. Son few steps from their backs.

-------

Eunji’s POV

So, what to do now? I asked myself after standing inside. I checked my wrist watch and it’s been half an hour now. Minho is roaming around the office. Casually taking some books, flipping pages and bringing it back. Walking in the shelves of soccer league merchandizes. Partly, this is why dad likes this tall guy who maybe forget that I am still in my nervous state. My father who is so busy signing some documents, looking at his laptop and handling his assistant other done papers does not even bother to ask me to sit. Well, we are still not in speaking terms, but at least look at me, right? Was that too much to ask?

I was in my deep thoughts when I hear him rolled his chair and stoop up. Okay? Ahmmm. Should I run?

“So, you have been seeing this girl? This rookie actress girlfriend of yours. A Psychology graduate, huh? You sometimes surprise me that you still have time to date. Her school is really far from your university. I never doubted your time management skills. But it does not make me happy, you are using it this way” dad said as soon as he was a foot away from me.

He slightly pushed my shoulders to make me sit. I should thank him. I am somehow developing a cramp, maybe nervousness added to it. I looked at Minho, immediately nodding his head, for encouragement. I saw him and uncle taking their sit behind us. Ming never left his gaze on me and I am glad.

Stay cool. Stay cool.

“Yeah. And you have been stalking me. And her. Playing your dirty games again, dad?” I said without detaching my stare on him. But he does not withdraw either.

“If I need to dig the dirty little secrets of that Park Chorong, like what I did with Sim Soyoung, I will. Just to wake you up from that delusion” here we go again. My father and his manipulation

“You mean, if you have to make my girlfriend suffer, you will? I know everything dad. All your tricks. And I am sorry. I’m not the old Eunji who has been following your orders just to make you proud.” I was about to leave the office when I felt his hand on mine. I thought this will be the first hug we will have. Or his first sorry. Maybe he’ll say he will finally support be and let me be happy.

“That girl’s mother is dying in one of our hospitals. If you are accusing me of playing dirty, maybe I should. I should make your girlfriend suffer.” Then his evil laughs. Those laughs I often hear when one of his rivals is out of track.

What? Chorong’s mother is in our hospital? I…

Complete silence

“Be at the Post Summer Fashion Week this coming Saturday. You should bring a date. We both know who” he continued I don’t know what to do.

I am not going in that boring fashion show. And that date we both know. Don’t tell me, he is talking about… Chorong? Well, we both know her.

It doesn’t take us a minute when Mr. son lead us on our way out Minho and I are seating at the company’s cafeteria, when he suddenly broke the silence.

“It’s been a while since I heard Soyoung’s name” it was all my bestfriend says but it brings back everything.

I met Soyoung when we were teenagers. She is two years younger. She was my first friend that is out of my circle. They are not that rich. No, actually, they are not rich at all. She’s my baby sitter’s youngest daughter. She was kind and sweet. The reason why I liked her that much. And not long after our friendship, which developed to a romantic relationship, dad discovered that she has been using me for her family’s welfare. That was the information I was feed. Soon after, she left the country. With her family. I was left dumbfounded. Was it all true that she just used me? I was too young to deal with my emotions and all I did was continue making this old man compliment me for the smallest thing that I do. A year after, mom accidentally said when we were arguing about me disobeying dad, that I’ll regret everything as dad will do every unlawful thing just to get rid of people, he thinks are threats. That was when I realized that she never used me. She was all true. And I just let the truest person in my life – aside from this handsome guy in front of me – get away from my dull life.

”If I just get more courage, I should have fight for Soyoung. I could have made her stay” without comprehending, those words escape my mouth.

“You still love her?” this confused guy in front of me asked.

“No, Ming. All I am saying was, if I didn’t listen to my dad, I still have her. She one of the true people I have. I let myself fed up by wrong information. I know her better.” He relived a sigh and put his hands on mine.

“Believe me. Its not your fault” he pulled me up as he reminded me that we both have things to do.

-----

Naeun’s POV

“Yoon Bomi?” I slightly shouted after my supervisor in my internship handed me files about a small construction project, we are dealing this month.

“Yes. From Construction Department. She’s an intern too. So, you can team with her. Faster, they need that as soon as possible” she said putting another pile of papers on my hands.

I walked from our office to the elevator. Construction Department is at the floor under us. With shaking hands, I pressed a floor down. I think it was the fastest elevator ride of my life. It felt like a second and I already heard the door opening signal. I am seeing her again. If I only knew, I should have worn my skirt, instead of this shaggy pant of mine. 

"Excuse me. I am looking for Intern Yoon Bomi. Ms. Yang sent this for her.” Everyone is looking at me. It was usual for me.

“Yoon Bomi here. Hi. What are these files?” a voice from my back break their stares. Her face was so close at mine. Is she really this c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter