First Date

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You mean, unnie, this mysterious girl of yours, is the daughter of the owner of Jung’s Multi Corp.? The Ice Queen? That girl crush with rude personality? The cute, charismatic, body goals and hell of everyone’s dream, Jung Eunji, is the one you’ve been mentioning this whole week? Oh, my goodness. And she introduced you to her parents as her girlfriend? No way! You gotta be kidding me” Bomi was, well, not speechless and running out of words to ask after Chorong tell her about how her day goes.

“Hey! I said I got the role. And you just focused on that girl. That Ms. Cold who keep on dragging me somewhere. If I did not hear her saying that plain ‘thanks’, I won’t be mentioning her name, like forever.” Chorong said as if acted annoyed after telling her stories. Where in fact…

“Well, unnie. Based on how you tell me your daily report. You actually focused on the Ice Queen, girl crush of yours. You said her name mostly. And you can’t hide that dreamy eyes on me whenever you are saying she’s holding your hands, or she tightens her hold. Or that seductive whisper of hers” she contradicts her unnie while looking at her maliciously.

“Fine fine. But what can I do? Her eyes. Her cold gaze. They are inviting. As if she wants me to hug her. Or hold her. Or tell her everything will be fine. You know, feeling like she likes me the way I like her.” The rookie actress said while still imaging Eunji with her.

“Unnie. You’re acting weird. Like weird, weird.” Her best friend said while moving her index finger near her ears in circular motion.

“No, I am not” the actress sweeps her hands to stop Bomi from what her doing. “And you’re not mad with that old man for telling me I’m a gold digger?” she continued, pouting then faced her bestfriend. They were in the kitchen. Chorong is washing dishes while Bomi was watching her from behind.

“To be honest… no.” Chorong frowned on what she heard and was about to hit her buddy’s arm when the latter stand up and went to the couch running away from Chorong. “Unnie. She is the daughter... No, the only daughter of the richest family in this country. Her iced cold personality says it all. She famous for being rude. And no one can get on her way. If I were the father of that Ms. Cold of yours, I don’t think, I’ll even let you hold her hands.” she said while digging on her sandwich.

Bomi was right. Dealing with the richest family of the country, actually one in the world, was not on Chorong’s bucket list. Not on her wildest dreams. Being associated with this Ice Queen, she never wants it, but she will never refuse if that happened. There is that certain feeling she experience whenever she is with Eunji.

"Well, yeah, at least, I got her hold my hand, introduced me in her family. Say thanks to me. You know, interactions. Like, looking at each other's eyes. Right? Ms. I like her but she's so famous, I can't even ask her out" Chorong answered teasing Bomi after her deep thoughts.


"Hey! That's a sensitive issue, unnie. You should not put salt in my open wound!" Bomi said after realizing what her best friend was emphasizing.

______

Flashback

The university was so busy since it is the first day of enrollment. Everyone’s preparing their requirements. Talking to their classmates. Making their schedules. Falling in lines in their respective needs.

“Excuse me, are you last in the line?” Bomi was busy watching her favorite youtuber ‘Bbom’ in her phone while a soft tap in her shoulder and an angel like voice mumbled in her ears. Luckily, she was wearing her earphones in one ear for cases like this.

“Ahh. Yeah. For registrar’s window.” She answered looking at the person beside her. The sophomore Engineering student was stunned after locking eye contact with the girl. She has long silky hair, a bit skinny, tall for her age – if she was not wrong that this angel like girl now standing behind her, is a freshman – soft gaze and warm voice that immediately made her look at the source.

That was their first encounter. And when it says, first, there must be second, third, fourth, so on and so on. Until, the last. Hope not.

The sophomore student was walking on her way to the library. It’s the third week of school and she is now busy with papers due before preliminary exams. If this happened last year, on her first year on the university, she will be cramming with all the needs and wants of her professors and won’t be able to sleep her . But now, she adjusted so well. That she can even do a case study report the night before the submission.

She was walking absentmindedly, as usual, and open the library’s door. A loud sound of books falling and a soft shout echoed the room and catch everyone’s attention.

“Sorry. I didn’t saw you coming.” The girl who is now assembling the books she was holding a while ago said with her mumbling voice. Bomi, then bent down to help.

“No. It was me. I was absentminded. The fact that your books blocked your vision. I should have adjusted”. She answered while picking the last book. Standing up and putting on the top of the piled books again on the girl's hands. “Here you go”. She continued. Without realizing, Bomi in now staring at the girl in front of her. With a bit of opened mouth.

She was about to ask the girl if she needs help but a bunch of boys hovers over them, that she was pushed away. I guess, you don’t, she said in her thought.

From seeing her in the library, to eating at the same time in the canteen or even share the same table. She even went to the comfort room and standing in the cubicle’s door her crush was in, a complete coincidence. Bomi felt the connection. She just doesn’t have the courage to talk to her now, new found crush. But since, that new found crush of hers is the new found crush of everyone, it was easier for her to know her name, her course, her age – she was correct that she is younger.

“Son NaEun?” Bomi said after knocking three times on room 210. Poking her head inside,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter