Way too hard!

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is bad. this is bad. This is baaaad! I shouldn’t have said yes. No! No! No!~ . I’m… Chorong has been repeating those words on her mind while walking on her way to Eunji’s car. The younger has been waiting in her apartment’s front for about 30 minutes now. And it is eating up her patience.

Taking her time to analyze her look in the elevator’s stainless-steel wall, the rookie actress received a call.

“Yaaaah! What taking you too long? I have been waiting here. If you don’t show up in a minute, I will go up there and drag you down here” before she even responded, the other line says no. Beep beep beep

“Ahh! It was you who asked me to be… Ugh!” she ruffles her hair out of frustration and immediately fix it afterwards.

-----

Flashback

“So? You said you really are sorry, right? Then be my date this coming Saturday.” Chorong was speechless after hearing the offer. She likes watching fashion shows. It is not, she likes to be a model. It is just, she admires them, walking confidently, wearing whatever the fashion designer did. Like, being themselves. Not afraid to being talked about, in a bad way, of course. But going with the daughter of the biggest name in the country. Isn’t it a big risk? She reminded herself.

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

“Hey! Chorong? Ms. Park? What? You said you’re sorry” Eunji said snapping her fingers in front of the other. The latter flinched and answered…

“Okay!”

“Great! Then let’s meet tomorrow. We need to at least dress you up” the young CEO-to-be said and turned her back. Getting inside her car. Leaving the other fazed, alone.

------

Facing her reflection, she inhaled deeply and You can do this, Chorong she says to herself. Soon after her sigh, the door open and she walks out.

The ground floor tenants greeted her. Some are amazed, some whispers to each other and some smiled with meaning. So took her leave and bowed to everyone passing her by.

“Finally! I thought I’m going to get inside and shake you out of your building. Walk faster, will you!” her supposed to be date says getting out of the front seat and opened the door at the passenger’s. Chorong was a bit thankful but realized not to be, when Eunji get in and harshly closed the door. The driver went out and politely reached the other door, opening it for her. She smiled and went inside.

The ride was way too long. Maybe because of the atmosphere surrounding them. Upon entering the car, the older looked out of the window, enjoying the, well absolutely nothing. It is night time and the city is asleep. She continued like that the whole time. While the younger was playing with her phone. A bit guilty with what she did earlier. But, as usual, she can’t say sorry. They have been so awkward that only the habitual loud sniffing of the driver was heard.

Eunji was all nervous. She will be attending this fashion event for the first time and she brought a date. A date her father will not be happy to see. But she reached this far already. No backing out. Taking her deep breath, she opened the door after her driver says they arrived. Unlike before, she waited for Chorong and took her hand to assists her.

The camera’s flashes shook the confident self of both of them and the Ice Queen’s hold on the Rookie Actress tighten like her life depends on it. Chorong was also calmed down. Shaking the thought off her mind, the actress showed her practiced smile and looked at Eunji. They started it again. The staring contest. They continued until a guy dressed in suit approached them. And respectfully whispered on the younger’s ear. You may take your walk, Ms. Jung. Ma’am. Pointing his hands on the way to stairs, covered in red carpet.

The other bowed to the guy and slowly took her hands of the CEO-to-be and slides it to its forearm. The older s her arms on the other and weakly pushed her, which remained unnoticeable to the press. Understanding the message of Chorong, Eunji blinked and looked at their way.

“You’re taking the lead now?” the younger asked, slightly opening , looking at the side of Chorong. Greeting the reporters on their side. Bowing and slightly waving her hands. Making their conversation private. But continued her poker face trademark.

“Yeah. Because the supposed to be leading this walk is lost in wonderland” the actress was pissed but professionally showed her smile. Maintaining her actress vibe as a girlfriend.

Eunji was shock. It is true that she was lost… looking at the actress eyes. But she has to hide that. Looking on her side, she casually bowed on the press. To completely skin her blushing cheeks.

They are walking down the stairs, hand in hand. It was after Chorong almost trip on a hump in the unstretched carpet. Guiding the older on the last step, Eunji leaded and took a few steps forward, taking the others hand. Everyone in the front door of the hall, including the press, few of the coordinators and organizers, other celebrities being interview, looked at them in awe. It was not a secret that the daughter of the well-known business man of the country has plans on getting married soon. But the other half has not been revealed. And seeing this couple tonight… The on-top-of-everything, smart, cool, pretty and the dream of everyone who dreams is dating a… well! They actually don’t know her. They have no idea who she is. But they never forget to commend her for her outstanding beauty.

“Ms. Jung. Here! It is your first time to be in this kind of event. How do you feel?’ the reporter said after they finally stand still in the middle of the photographers. Flashing their cameras on them. Taking every photo, they can. And shouting questions the hell, out of them. So, the couple, as they assumed, can hear them.

Eunji looked at him and answered “I was forced to be here. Dad asked me. I’m honestly bored already” no one was intimidated. Everyone in the business world knows that she is this ice cold. No other person questioned that, for she is also the richest Ice Queen. Chorong looked at her in dismay but continued her professionalism.

“This is a collaboration of the Lee and the Kim. A very close family with the Jung, will you be joining them in this business?” the other guy on their left asked.

“Well. Aside from my father’s order, JinKi oppa and NamJoo-yah asked me to be hear. Though, I told them I will be uninterested. But being a good friend, I still went” she smirks and the group of press nodded. Satisfied with that, she took Chorong’s hand and lead her out of the platform when the billion-dollar question was asked…

“We never saw her on other gatherings of your family or friend’s. Who is she, Ms. Jung?” everyone gasped. The girl on her formal attire asked the two that made the place quiet. Extending her hand with a lapel mic on it, she was waiting for an answer. Excited to hear it, no noise was heard.

“She is my girlfriend!” and every camera shot two times faster than a while ago. Everyone wanted to know about them more, but the confirmed couple walked inside the event hall.

As expected, Eunji was banging her head because of sleepiness and Chorong was amazed with the catwalk. Though, sometimes get distracted whenever the CEO-to-be lays her head in her shoulders. And was completely unable to focus on the show when the younger depended her body entirely on her, lost in dreamland. The actress holding her chest, trying to tame her heart’s wild beating.

Both were startled when Eunji wakes up. Fishing her vibrating phone on her coat, head still laid on Chorong’s shoulder. Opened the message and groaned in defeat. She sits straight and shook her head.

 

Bring your girlfriend wit you. Meet Mr. Jung at the lobby

----

Eunji’s POV

Right after the event, we went out of the hall and met my father at the lobby. His body guards escorted us to our car and drive us to one of our hotels.

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! JUNG EUNJI?! I ASKED YOU TO ATTEND THE EVENT WITH KEY AS YOUR DATE. NOT HER! YOU REALLY IS SEEKING FOR WAR, AREN’T YOU?” that was the very first words he said after we enter our suite. We were left alone, while Chorong was waiting outside the room.

“What the purpose of bringing my girlfriend here? You didn’t even let her in” I said just adding fuels on my father’s burning head already.

“Are you even listening to me, kid? You announced to the public that you are dating. Someone out of our league. They don’t even recognize her. That rookie actress girlfriend of yours.” He continued. He is right. They have no idea who Chorong is. And that makes the story interesting, isn’t it?

“Well! They will eventually know. She is an actress dad. You have nothing to worry about, really!” father was about to about to get physical when the door opened widely and shows my supposed to be date to make dad happy.

“Uncle! No! It was me who rejected her offer” such a surprise. My father’s expression softens upon hearing the guy’s confession.

“What do you mean?” dad was taken aback. He was in the middle of slapping me and now this hero of mine showed and rescued me from him.

“Eunji asked me to be her date. Because she told me, you are going to get mad if didn’t have me as her date. I have to say no, because I have a business trip. A conference. It was supposed to end tomorrow. But something happened. I’m sorry, uncle” he explained. Looking at my father’s eyes. Well, what he’s saying was all true. I asked him to be my date. Honestly, I heard from Minho that he has a business trip. Giving me the idea that he will reject me, fortunately. Another alibi I have to escape my father’s fire breath.

“Still! She shouldn’t have brought her girlfriend. How are we supposed to explain your marriage to everyone if she said that she has a girlfriend” I realized I was standing behind my savior. Holding his hands, from the back. Protecting myself from the stabbing words of my dad.

“It was me who allowed her. She asked me if she can bring her girlfriend. I said yes. Sorry sir. It was all my fault” it was when I stepped out and speak.

“Key! No!” I hold his right arm and made him face me. “It was all my plan. Dad,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter