Yuri's Here

Calling your bluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yena’s POV

Good morning.

I looked at the sleeping figure beside me and smiled. There was something in the way the morning sun hit her face while she slept. Her messy dark wavy hair flowed like a stream in all directions, partially covering her face. Her head was laid comfortably in my arm as though she belonged there. She looked just as perfect as she was a year ago when they last met before she left for Japan. I brushed her hair lightly to the side, being careful not to wake her up, to reveal her fluffy cheeks and small nose that added to the woman’s cute charms.

How can you be so cute? Yena thought as her fingers found its way to the woman’s cheeks, lightly tracing a path from her cheeks to her jawline, each full of love and admiration.

“I’m so happy you’re mine, Jo Yuri,” whispered Yena before she kissed Yuri’s forehead lovingly.

 

It’s been a while since she had slept as well as she did last night, and Yuri was a major reason why. Yuri had gone to Japan to pursue a career as a solo artist last year, and it had been hard for them to see each other because of the long distance. It was also hard for them to communicate other than texting because of Yuri’s schedule, so while Yuri was busy promoting, I distracted myself by starting one con after another. It was tiring, but not tiring enough to miss Yuri every time I went to bed.

 

I could still remember the feeling I had last night when I picked her up from the airport. I saw her from a mile away, pouting as she looked for me amidst the crowds in the arrival doors. It didn’t take her long to notice my handwritten sign which said “Jjoyul” with a poorly drawn hamster at the side. I couldn’t contain my excitement as she made her way to me and gave me the tightest hug that she has given me within the two years that we were together, which I reciprocated as hard as I could.

When I felt her loosen the embrace, it was my turn to make my move. My hands slowly made its way to the back of her head and pulled her closer for a warm kiss. It took a while before they broke off the kiss, gasping for air as they did, but it was still not enough to make up for the year they spent apart.

“You still owe me around 300 more of those,” I said as I grabbed her bags and walked back to the car like a tsundere. As I turned back, I saw her blushing as she followed me to the car.

 

 

I carefully removed my arm under her head and got up and was relieved when the sleeping beauty remained asleep. I grabbed my robe and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked at the groceries I bought before heading to the airport. After a moment’s thought, I took out the eggs, the pack of bacon, and the cheese. Afterwards, I went to the pantry and got her favorite pancake mix that I’ve been saving since last year, hoping it has not expired yet.

 

At last, she can use the skills that she learned when she took on the identity of Chef Lee Kura a couple of months ago. Choi Yena’s breakfast special, coming up!

 

Yuri’s POV

I opened my eyes and noticed that I was alone in bed. Where is she? I thought. I looked around and saw the clock. 9:30. Wow. It’s been a while since I slept in this late. I have always had to wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning for rehearsals a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter