1. Heose

Calling your bluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s do it.

The black-haired woman thought as she walked through the doors of a small café in Seoul and took off her sunglasses. She was wearing a black long-sleeved blouse with a white pencil skirt and an ID badge hanging from her neck. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail, which made her look like a professional. One might think that she was a high-ranking officer at one of the major real estate firms in Seoul, which was the look she was going for. At least, for today.

 

She scanned the faces in the room and saw the man she was looking for. The man was sitting in the table farthest from the café entrance and was trying hard to not get noticed but to no avail. She couldn’t help but smirk at the sight of the man. He was in his mid-30s and was wearing an ill-fitting white suit jacket and slacks that matched the jacket in color and fit. He wore a hat and dark sunglasses, which ironically made him stand out more.

 

She walked towards the nervous man’s table and coolly sat down in the chair in front of the anxious man.

 

“Hello, Mr. Kim. I am Choi Chae Ri, property manager in P48 Holdings. We spoke to each other on the phone two days ago about rush purchases of properties in Seoul,” the woman said with an innocent smile. The man

 

“Hello, Ms. Choi. Let’s make this quick,” the man referred to as Mr. Kim said with a shaky voice as he looked around the café anxiously.

 

“Here are the papers you need to sign for the apartments that you wanted to buy. You need to sign off on these so we can process the transfer of title to your name,” said the woman named Choi Chae Ri as she coolly placed an envelope on the table in front of Mr. Kim.

 

The woman maintained her cute smile as she observed the man fumbling through the contents of the envelope. She expected him to be this nervous when they met, and for good reason. Mr. Kim is one of the most wanted men in the country right now; he was an ordinary multi-level manager who decided to run off with the investments of his clients and employees totaling to 800 million won. The case got the media’s attention because of the large amount that he stole, so the whole police force is now hot on his trail. Now that the police are closing in on him, he wanted to turn the cash into something that will not be easily recovered by the police when they catch him. That’s when Mr. Kim called her for help.

 

Little did he know that he was in for a surprise.

 

Mr. Kim finished signing the documents and handed it back to her. She took the envelope and said, “I am going to send this to the Ministry of Housing later today so they can process it. It will take 2 weeks for them to get the titles under the fake names we made for you. I just need your payment and the sale will be final.”

 

“Thank you very much. You saved my ,” said Mr. Kim with an anxious smile. He took out his briefcase and briefly showed the woman its contents: neatly packed stacks of 50000 Korean won bills. The woman gave a slight nod and the man closed the suitcase again.

 

“As requested, 750 million won in cash.”

 

The man was clearly hesitating as he pushed the briefcase towards the property manager. Upon noticing this, Ms. Choi knew what to do; she held his hands and reassured him, “You have nothing to worry about.”

 

She then did a move she knew nobody can resist:

 

She pouted with her thick lips and winked.  

 

Mr. Kim’s expression suddenly brightened, and the man let go of the suitcase. As expected, men are so easy, she thought.

 

The woman stood up and took the briefcase with her. She flashed her innocent smile again and said, “Pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Kim.”

 

I got you, you little .

 

She put her sunglasses back on as she left the café and walked towards her car parked one block away from the café. She took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter