Run devil run

Calling your bluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That was quite a punch.

 

Yena thought as she was still struggling to stand up. As she looked up, she saw her girlfriend staring at her and she couldn’t help but look away. She felt guilty about all the deception between them and she didn’t feel worthy enough to look directly at Yuri’s eyes. It also didn’t help that she still felt dizzy after the punch that even Yuri was slightly spinning in her vision.

 

When she looked back to Yuri, she saw that Yuri was staring at Jang Wonyoung, the young CEO and the daughter of Jang Taeho, the . Yena had to give it to the kid; she was smart and if she behaved the same way she had before they got caught, they could have been good friends. In fact, she was Yuri’s friend and they might have had to get along well. Best friends and fiancées should also be friends for the wedding to pull through, right? Upon having that thought, Yena felt her eyes tear up. Her heart felt heavy and her knees were trembling, which she knew was not entirely due to the punch.

 

Will Yuri still want to marry me after all this? Will she ever accept me again?

 

Yena was doubtful, and her doubts were justified when she felt Yuri moving away from her, causing the con artist to fall on the floor on all fours. She let out her frustrations by punching the ground several times, hoping for the adrenaline to kick in, but her legs wouldn’t stop shaking and the dizziness was replaced by a sharp pain on her jaw.

 

She looked back to look at her comrades battling it out against two skilled fighters, and it was not looking good for Nako and Hyewon. The secretary had gotten rid of her blazer which she had used to conceal her knife, which she was holding in her right hand. Although she couldn’t see it clearly, Yena could see slashes on Hyewon’s arms and body; the biggest one being on Hyewon’s left arm, which she was holding on to with her right. Yena could tell by the crimson trails leading to Hyewon’s hands that she was bleeding profusely.

 

Nako, on the other hand, was struggling against her taller opponent. Although even in skill, Nako couldn’t avoid the disadvantages due to the physical difference between her and Yujin. She had been ducking to avoid the taller girl’s punches, but the taller girl had gotten used to Nako’s movement and started attacking from the bottom.  Yujin took Nako by surprise by attempting a scissors kick aimed at the latter’s chin, which Nako barely deflected, but took her off-balance. Yujin capitalized on this small error and charged towards Nako, engaging her on a head lock.

 

She looked back up again and was surprised to see Yuri holding the platform truck as it stopped in front of her. When Yena realized what the younger girl was trying to do, she tried to reach Yuri with her outstretched arms, but the latter was too far for her short arms to reach. However, it was enough to grab Yuri’s attention. When their eyes met again, Yena opened but no sound came out of it. She could only look at her girlfriend as sincerely as possible to get her message across:

 

Jjoyul, I am so sorry. I will explain everything. I will answer all the questions that you have.

 

Just don’t give up on me just yet.

 

I love you.

 

With one last look to her girlfriend, Yuri released the platform truck towards the fighters. Yena followed the truck to where it was going, hoping that Yuri understood and accepted her telepathic message. She got her answer in the form of a scream coming from the young CEO.

 

“Heo Yunjin! Watch out!”

 

The secretary named Yunjin looked up to see a speeding platform truck coming at her. With her quick reflexes, the secretary managed to jump away from the truck’s course. However, it was enough time for Hyewon to attack her while her guard was down. Hyewon cocked her fists and landed a solid straight to Yunjin’s abdomen followed by an uppercut to her chin, rendering the young secretary unconscious.

 

Meanwhile, Yujin, who was startled by the young CEO’s loud warning, did not notice that her choke hold on Nako loosened up. The split-second distraction was all the short girl needed to break away from the head lock. Once she was out, Nako quickly pushed the taller girl away from her with her palms and finished the combo off with a drop kick that was strong enough to put Yujin on the direction of the speeding platform truck.

 

“AHN YUJIN!”

 

Yujin closed her eyes to prepare herself for the impact of colliding with the platform truck. She knew that with her strength and athleticism, the worst damage that she could get from the truck was a couple of minor bone fractures and bruises, but it’s surely going to hurt as hell. She put her hands up to protect her head and squared her feet, anticipating the heavy metal frame that was going to hit her at a considerable speed.

 

But it didn’t happen.

 

Instead, she felt something soft hit her body with arms wrapping around her back. The arms wrapped tighter around her back as they got pushed to the wall by the heavy-duty cart. In her groggy state, she felt the cold feeling of granite on her back, which was the direct opposite of what she felt on her shoulder. She felt drops of hot liquid dripping on her shoulder and fingernails digging deeper on her back as if the one owning them was in a lot of pain.

 

It can’t be.

 

Yujin opened her eyes and saw Wonyoung, eyes closed with tears running down her cheeks, and behind her was the heavy platform truck which was now stationary. The two of them were leaning on the granite wall next to Wonyoung’s office door, unable to move because of the heavy platform truck.

 

“Yujin-ah, are you okay?” Wonyoung said with a shaky voice. Yujin could see that the CEO still had the same bright smile on her face, but the perfect smile couldn’t hide the winces of her eyes due to the pain of the impact.

 

Yujin affectionately put her hand behind Wonyoung’s head as if to shield her head from the metal frame of the platform truck, which was alarmingly close, “Miss Jang… You didn’t need to do that.”

 

“Yujin-ah. You’re the one I have left, which is why I want to protect you too,” Wonyoung muttered as the pain of the collision finally caught up to her. The young CEO fell unconscious after muttering, “I protect those who I love, and I love you.”

 

It was Yujin’s turn to tear up, “That’s my job… Wonyoung-ah, you stupid girl.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

 With her free leg, she pushed away the platform truck and laid the young CEO gently on the floor. She was about to check for the damage when she heard a loud yell from the other side of the hallway.

 

“Nako! Kwangbae! Run to the elevator!”

 

Yena did not want her girlfriend’s efforts to help her to go in vain. The much-awaited adrenaline rush kicked in and she was able to stand up, albeit with a struggle, and tried to rally her crew again.

 

[COMMS]

 

Hitomi: Heose-unnie! Nako! Kwangbae! REPORT!

Yena: I think we’re fine---

Kwangbae: I’m wounded. Yena-unnie is with Yuri, but Yuri looks dazed and Yena looks shaky. Nako’s fine. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter