Strange Addiction

Fancy You?

If you’re going to create a poll between Monday vs Friday, of course, most of students will choose Friday because the next day will be weekend which mean you’re free from school. The other students were spending their leisure time with having a party or outing with friends, meanwhile, Wendy was stuck in her small dorm crying non-stop for almost 3 hours straight.

“I know you’re here. Stop hiding from me! Just come out Irene!” she cries, hoping her imaginary friend will show up anywhere.

Wendy took a frame on her bedside which had a drawing of her and faceless Irene together (which she drew when she was 8) “How could you just leave me without saying anything? At least, a proper goodbye will be enough.” She sobs again.

A pillow was thrown toward her direction which make her stumble out of the bed

“Tsk, tsk, could you stop looking so pity? I can’t even have a proper sleep because of you!” Joy scream annoying.

“Besides, it’s 3 am in the morning. Could you just stop Wendy? Please”

Wendy now was sitting on the corner of her bed, hugging her knees and keep bawling like a baby. “I’m sorry. I just missed her. It feels so strange to not talk or seeing her.”

“Also, I feel so empty without her.” She added.

Joy feels bad for screaming at her. She knows she should be more understanding, but it’s not her fault too. Besides, Wendy just couldn’t stop grieving over something that doesn’t even exist. (I mean, who even grieving over an imaginary friend?)

-

It’s not a common event for Joy to share her food with someone else unless she likes that person but not in this case. She was worrying over her best friend’s health, but it seems opposite to Wendy.

“You barely eat anything for this past week. Please, you should eat.” Joy offered a slice of pizza to Wendy but she rejected it.

“I’m not hungry” Wendy barely said and her tone was weak. Her face was pale, eyes were swollen with all the cries she had for the past few days and her hair was messy (not a y type of mess). If a stranger ever barge into their dorm and look at her in this state, the stranger will be horrify.

“You know, she used to take care of me when I was sick. Especially when I was unable to feed myself, she will feed me.”

How can someone who doesn’t even exist do that? Joy thought before answering her “So, you want me to feed you?”

“She will tuck me to the bed and sing me a lullaby, stay up till late night until I fall asleep”

SHE DOESN’T EVEN EXIST! Joy was internally screaming, but keep herself cool while munching the pizza, trying to ignore her.

“Okay”

“Although, we always argue over a small matter, she will always be there and supporting me”

This time, Joy only hummed, pretending she was listening to her.

“When I was about to get undressed, she was there staring at me lovingly, her lips, smiling and admiring my body”

There is nothing could attract Joy attention once she starts eating, but this time, no matter how much she try to ignore her, she just couldn’t. Joy had enough with her friend’s nonsense. Putting down her pizza on the plate, Joy took a pillow and smack Wendy’s head in an attempt to bring the girl back to reality but she failed.

“Why the hell are you so whipped over her?! She don’t even exist!”

“The last thing she said to me before she was gone, she loves me” She sobs again

Joy second attempt to bring her friend back to reality also failed miserably. “YOU’RE SO FREAKING SICK! YOU PIECE OF ” With that, Joy keeps on hitting Wendy but she was still stuck in her own world. Poor Wendy.

-

It was Monday and everyone feels Monday blues, but for this exact tiny woman, she was extremely having a Monday blues like every day for this past week. Passing the hallway full of students staring at her isn’t a new thing for Wendy but this time, people weren’t just staring, they were running away, covering their nose because of strong unpleasant smell coming from her. Guess what, she doesn’t care at all.

“Ew, what is this smell? When the last time you’re taking a shower Wendy?” Another tiny woman appears in front of her while covering her nose. Wendy makes an apologetic face and mouth ‘sorry’ to her.

The tiny women look at her from head to toe, still can’t believe her friend looking like a dead person who just woke up from a deep slumber. Wendy, one of the smartest students who always look so bright and positive suddenly turn into a zombie after a week like some incubation period. Nobody would believe it either despite of her being such a weirdo.

“Did something happen to you?” the girl asks, worrying something may happen to her friend. Before Wendy could even answer, another girl step in “She is on her period Taeyeon. Thanks for your concern” Joy answered on Wendy behalf, dragging the poor girl away from her.

-

“I can’t believe you didn’t even took a shower before you went to campus!”

“You should not treat Taeyeon coldly. She is older than us.” Wendy huffed

“I’m not going to respect someone who is taking an advantage on you and stop changing the topic Wendy!”

“I can do or say whatever I want.”

“Then, why won’t you say no when they were asking you for help or can I simply say, letting you do the group assignment all by yourself?”

“Whatever”

“THIS IS WHY SHE IS LEAVING YOU!”

Wendy gasped, “Pardon me?”

Joy can’t take this issue lightly anymore. She was already furious with the rumor spreading around the campus saying her best friend was crazy (Tho, she agreed but doesn’t mean she will let other bad mouthing her) and now with her in this condition making it worsen.

“You really need some help and I’m taking you there.” Grabbing Wendy by the wrist, she drags her into one of the lecturer offices.

-

Joy and Wendy basically barging into the new transferred lecturer's office and glad she wasn’t there or else, they are probably getting kicked out from the college.

“She isn’t here so let’s go back.”

“NO! She will be here soon. Let’s just wait for her.”

“Joy, I’m really fine.”

“You are not-”

“What are you guys doing here?”

Their attention now turns into the new woman who looking at them bewildered, arm crossed, ready to hear their explanation.

Joy scoffs and straighten her posture before greeting the new teacher.

“We’re sorry for barging into your office, Ms. Bae. I need your help regarding my friend’s health”

A new teacher was still puzzled with Joy statement. “I’m not a doctor. I bet both of you know about it”

“Yeah, we both know. What I mean is my friend here need help because I think she was mentally sick.” Joy pushed Wendy to the front which almost causing both Wendy and the new teacher almost bump at each other.

“Oops, sorry for that.” Joy half apologize and if those two girls had time to notice her, they might see those evil smirks she had put on her face.

 

A/n: I intentionally made Wendy suffer for this chapter. Sorry, my bad tehee xP Don't worry, Wendy suffering will be ended for next chapter. Perhaps, something interesting is going to happen? Stay tuned~ p/s: thanks for subcribing and the voting /finger heart/