Jealous

Fancy You?

 

 

“Do you love me or her?”

“I, I love” Wendy paused, break into a cold sweat, she feels her heart beat faster than normal. As a result, she took a deep breathe, thinking it would calm her, “Why are you making me choose? You guys are the same person”

“No, we are not”

“Yes, you are! Don’t try to fool me”

“I am really not her”

“Really?” Wendy was feeling irritated, thinking that Irene was playing a trick on her.

“Yeah, I’m just your imaginary friend”

“I’m not real and you’re my creator and the only one” Irene paused, she feels something stuck in , “who can see me”

Wendy feels a sudden weight filling up inside her heart. ‘She was right’ Wendy thought.

A snap of finger, bringing Wendy back to reality.

“How long you were daydreaming?” Joy asked. Settle down next to Wendy, she asks her again although her question hasn’t been answered yet.

“How’s your counselling session with Ms. Bae?”

“Did everything go smoothly?” She continues asking her another question.

Wendy blinks her eyes repeatedly, feeling confused about what just happen, “Can, can you slap me?”

“WHAT? WHY DO I DO THAT?” Joy confused, surprised by the sudden order.

“I need to know whether I am dreaming or not. Please, help me!” She begged

“Please give me a very strong slap. I need to wake up from this dream” Wendy plead again, grabbing Joy by hand and try to slap herself but Joy was fast enough to retract.

“YOU’RE NOT DREAMING! YOU’RE IN A REAL WORLD NOW” Joy shriek, shaking the tiny woman's body as to wake her up but didn’t dare enough to hurt her.

Wendy winced as Joy grips on her shoulder getting tighter and realize she isn’t dreaming. “I get it, I get it. Can you let me go now? You’re hurting me”

Joy loosens her grips on Wendy and feeling relieved that her friend is okay.

-

“YOU DID WHAT?” Joy snarl meanwhile, Wendy just keeps silence after she told Joy the incident that happened this morning.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU REALLY DID THAT!” Joy throw her hand in the air, pacing back and forth, and stress building up once again.

“Well, I thought they were really a same person. So yeah, I blindly confessed to her”

Joy was speechless, her friend was acting reckless because of the girl name ‘Irene’ and embarrassed herself. She doesn’t know how to react once the rumor about Wendy spread out around the campus AGAIN. Sometimes, she wishes she just don’t care like Wendy did. After all, who is gonna believe in rumor when you knew the truth? Yet, Joy cares because she couldn’t stand anyone trying to gossip about her friend who also her adopted sister. Joy loves Wendy so much like her own blood sister, but for Wendy, does she feel the same?

As far Joy can remember, Wendy spent most of her time in her own world and rarely interact with the society and this is the main reason which is why the only friend she had was Joy. Sometimes, she wanted to blame Irene for stealing Wendy from her, but she knows it was ridiculous to get jealous over non-existent person.

The memories of her and her parents when to orphanage still clear in her mind. It was the day they took Wendy with them. She remembered how the tiny girl playing alone in the small room, drawing something while talking to herself. It was when she approached her and try to talk to her for the first time and they get closed easily. Joy remembered how terrified Wendy was when they’re taking her with them but then, Joy tries her best to calm the other girl by holding her hand, telling her everything going to be okay and that she will take care of her despite being the youngest one and also a reason why she was going to protect Wendy eventho she had to put her life on the line for the other girl. Yes, Wendy is a fragile girl who needs to handle with an extra care in Joy’s eyes.

Scrolling down her phone, Joy took an apple from her desk and was about to take a bite until she notice the apple was already half bitten. Joy took a deep breathe, feeling pissed because someone touched her food before throwing it to the other woman who already asleep and it was hit straight on her head making the other girl to wake up. JACKPOT!

“OUCH! What was that for?” Wendy groan who was still half asleep, she then took the apple and notice it was bitten.

“How many times I had to tell you not to touch my foods without my consent?!” Joy said annoyed.

Wendy groan, throwing the apple back to the owner, but Joy dodges it successfully “It’s not me. It’s Irene, who did it”

“Irene, who? Ms. Bae? You think she came here just to eat my apple?!?”

“NO! IT’S IRENE, MY IRENE!”

“WAIT, she is here? Isn’t she already leaving you?”

“YES! She is here and NO! She didn’t ing leave me. So if you mind, I want to have a ‘really’ good sleep now so please do not disturb me. Thanks for your attention, Miss Park Sooyoung” She said annoyed and emphasize every single word to make it clear for Joy. And so, Wendy back to her deep slumber.

“Oh, she is here” Joy said bitterly, looking down at the half bitten apple on her grips and crush it.

-

“Let me know if something happens so I can come and help you” Joohyun said, putting her notebook and pen aside. Wendy leans her chin against the desk, watching her counsellor settling her stuff. Out of bored, she asked her counsellor, “How old is she”

“Pardon me?”

“I mean, how old is your daughter?”

“Why did you ask?”

“Just wanted to know” Wendy shrugs, uninterested with her own question.

“13. She was 13 years old”

“You married at a young age?”

“You have a problem with it?”

“Nope”

“Good”

“How about your husband? How old is he? Same age as you? On his 30’s?”

“I don’t think you had a right to know”

“I know, but I’m just curious” Wendy reply nonchalantly. Joohyun was curious why Wendy was suddenly interested in her personal life. So, she bore Wendy eyes as if find something inside, but all she finds was nothing. What a lifeless eyes.

“Wendy”

“Yes, ma’am?”

“There was something about you that I couldn’t decipher yet”

“Um, what is it?”

“I don’t know. But, you’re somewhat special to me”

Wendy scoffs, taken aback by what Joohyun just confessed.

“Are you trying to flirt with me, Mrs. Somebody?” Wendy smirk grew bigger as Joohyun realizes her own words

“No, of course not! Please do not misunderstood” Joohyun reply, waving her hand nervously as if she was getting caught doing a murder or something.

Joohyun action makes Wendy wanted to more, “it’s okay. It must be your first time getting caught and flirt with a woman so you must feel a little uncomfortable. I do understand but you should be more cofident. Don't let yourself getting caught by being nervous” she tease, giving a gentle touch of Joohyun hand before rubbing it to comfort the old woman.

Realizing Wendy action, Joohyun retract her hand and swallowing an invisible lump inside before she reply, “Since we finished, I want to excuse myself. See you next time, Miss Wendy” with that, Joohyun abruptly leaves Wendy alone in her office.

“So, she is the one?”

“Yes, isn’t she cute?”

“Mhm, she looks OLD to me”

Wendy turn to face Irene, who was standing with her arm crossed, “She look FINE for me. A little bit old, but kind of pretty hot mommy” she replied, winking at Irene playfully and cackling at her own joke. Irene just stays silent and feels jealous.

“Are you perhaps” Wendy paused after she noticed Irene is acting a bit different.

“Perhaps what?”

“Are you jealous?”

-

It was 7 in the evening when suddenly a loud firing gun echoes through the small alley and followed by a shriek before the body slump to the ground.

“Nice shot” praised the bear-like girl.

“I know” another girl replied. She put her gun down as she walks to the dead body. Using her small leg to swing the body over, she then inspects the lifeless body to confirm that the person was dead.

“What are we going to do with her now?” the bear-like girl asked in a serious tone.

“Just clean up her body. Make sure no one knows or find out about this”

They’re about to clean the body when one of the girl’s phone vibrates. She took her phone and look at the caller id before answering the call cheerfully, “Hi mom!”

“I’m with Seulgi now. We’re playing some game. Yeah, we will be back before dinner don’t worry. Okay, love you and bye!” with that, she ended the call.

“HEY KIDS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?!” A man shouted from the distance.

“OH ! WE’RE GETTING CAUGHT!” the bear-like girl shriek, feeling terrified by the fact they’re getting caught by someone.

“Oh, come on! Not again!” the small girl groan as she takes her gun and aim at the man before shot him heartlessly.

BANG

 

A/N: Sorry for the terrible elaboration. I'm not really good on it especially elaborating the situation /sighed/ hopefully, you can understand what I wanted to present keke

Oh, I will use Joohyun for real Irene from now on so it won't be confusing and also, a new character is up! Stay tuned. Btw, thanks for the support!