New Friends

Fancy You?

 

 

Wendy, who is looking at herself through the mirror, feeling terrified by her own face. She growls as she spotted a dark circles around her eyes.

“Damn it! My face looks so terrible!” she groans.

“Glad that you know” Joy reply, humming to the song she played through her phone while reading her notes.

“Shut up!”

“Why must I?”

“Just shut up!” Wendy yells in annoyance. Joy ignore the other girl warning, putting down her notes, she then suddenly came up with an idea on how to make her friend getting more irritated. She turns up her phone volume, making their room echoes with her favorite song while singing along. She used her pens as the drumsticks and her desk as a drum, she pretends that she was a drummer. On the other hand, Wendy, who was feeling irritated, glare at her, clenching her fist, she then walks over to her friend and grips by her shirt.

“CAN YOU STAY QUIET FOR A SECOND PLEASE?!” Joy looks unfazed and don’t even budge by Wendy, smirking toward her friend, she quickly gives a peck on Wendy’s lips which cause Wendy to back off.

“OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!” Wendy question panicky while wiping off her lips and she looks so horrified.

Joy watches her friend's reaction and just laugh it off like it was a joke to her, “Come on! It's just a peck Wendy”

“A PECK? A PECK STILL MEAN SOMETHING TO ME! YOU JUST TOOK MY FIRST KISS!” She cries out. Wendy took a pillow and throw it to her friend who was still laughing uncontrollably.

“STOP LAUGHING YOU PIECE OF ! THIS ISN’T FUNNY!”

Just then, Joy’s phone ring as someone calls her. Joy tries to hold her laughter, taking her phone and look at the caller id then, she glances at Wendy who was still fuming over her.

“It’s Ms. Bae”

-

 

Joohyun went to her front door as she heard someone ringing the doorbell. She unlocked the door and as she opens the door, there are two familiar faces standing and one of the girls greet her.

“Good evening Ms. Bae, we’re grateful that you invited us for a dinner” Joy greets then both of them bow at their lecturer.

“Oh, it’s a pleasure to have you guys join us for a dinner. Come in.” Joohyun invites them to her house and so, the two of them enter her house.

Joohyun introduces them to Yeri before the dinner started. Although the dinner was a bit awkward for them, Joohyun tries to lighten up the mood by talking and asking them a light question and she succeeds because afterward, Joy keeps blabbering non-stop. Joohyun took a glance at Wendy and she noticed the young girl was a bit tinier than before. Although, she feels worried seeing her tiny client losing weight and not knowing the reason, little did she know, her heart at peace after meeting her and yet she denied herself that it was nothing special. Yeri who was pretending to listen to Joy gibberish talk, steal a glance at her mother and notice her mother's eyes didn’t leave Wendy but then, she shrug it off.

After a long silence between them, the dining room was once again filling with awkwardness. This is when Wendy decides to ask something to the owner, “Excuse me, may I know why is your husband didn’t come and have a dinner with us? Is he a busy man?” Wendy question.

“My dad has passed away” Yeri said in a flat tone. This makes the girls shock, especially Wendy.

“I thought he was still alive. Isn’t Ms. Bae told Wendy that she is married and I don’t remember that Wendy told me that your husband is dead.” Joy realized she was a bit rough with her words, “I apologize for being disrespectful Ms. Bae” Joy apologize and bow at Joohyun.

Wendy feels uneasy and she feels her anxiety is coming, so she excuses herself, “I’m sorry, but where is the bathroom? I need to um you know” Wendy excused and with that Yeri willing herself to lead Wendy the way to the bathroom and leaving the two girls alone in the dining room.

-

 

“Irene!” Wendy called out desperately

“I know you’re here!” she calls out again

“What do you want?”

“YOU!” Wendy rushed toward the other girl and grips Irene by the shirt while pulling the poor girl closer.

“What do you think you’re doing Wendy?”

“What do you THINK YOU’RE DOING IRENE?”

“I didn’t do anything”

“YOU KILL HIM DON’T YOU?!”

“Kill who?”

“HER HUSBAND!”

“I didn’t kill anyone!”

“LIAR! HOW COME HER HUSBAND IS DEAD BY NOW?!”

“How do I suppose to know?”

“STOP ACTING INNOCENT! I KNOW YOU KILL HIM! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU REALLY DID IT!” Letting Irene go, Wendy grasp her hair in frustrated.

“I really don’t kill him” Irene said nonchalantly.

Someone suddenly knocks the bathroom door, “Wendy? Is everything alright?” Yeri asked.

“Yeah, I’m okay!” Wendy replied, hoping the other girl didn’t hear anything.

“YOU!” she pointed at Irene. Irene, who looks calm as usual raised her brow, “What?”

“You stay with me. Don’t you dare to disappear again” She warned.

-

 

“Are you okay, Wendy?” Yeri asked again after Wendy comes out of the bathroom.

“Yeah, just um stomach aches” She lied, hoping the short girl will believe her.

Yeri nodded, she then walks first, but suddenly stop on her track “Oh, just want you to know that your friend really didn’t kill my father. He died 6 years ago because of liver cancer” Yeri paused “also, my friend says hi to your friend” she continue then leaving Wendy dumbfounded.

 

(15 minutes ago)

 

Yeri was trying to eavesdrop until she heard someone whispering behind her, “What are you doing?” The bear like girl asked. She shushed the other girl and try to refocus again, but she still can’t hear anything.

Yeri then sighed, turning around to face the clueless girl in front of her. “I think she was talking to someone there, but I can’t hear her”

“How do you know?”

Seulgi, everyone would know if she was screaming like a mad person inside” Yeri state the fact. Nodding her head while tapping her chin, Seulg then find an answer for Yeri dilemma.

“Yeri, are you on for a game?”

“What is it?”

“Go’n Stalk?” Both of them grin widely as they decode their own code. Receiving a signal from Yeri, Seulgi then invisibly enter the bathroom and stalking the two girls who were unaware of her inside the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Seulgi came out from the bathroom, meanwhile Yeri was waiting for her returned.

“So?” Yeri asked

Seulgi, who was holding her tummy and her face was red suddenly burst of laughing and making Yeri confused.

“What is it? Come on, tell me! Stop laughing you piece of , or I will kill you” Yeri threaten

“She thought your mother doppelganger” Seulgi burst out again, “kill your father”

“My mother doppelganger?” Yeri asked, confused written all over her face as she watches Seulgi try to stop laughing.

Seulgi nod, “Yeah, she looks like your mother, but a little younger around her mid 20’s. She is so pretty and her skin just so flawless and her cold aura-”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Her imaginary friend, huh?”

“Wait, what? She isn’t real? How did you know?”

“Of course I know. Mum told me about it”

“But I can see her! She must be REAL!”

Yeri sighed, frustrated at Seulgi, she took a non-existence gun and point it straight on Seulgi’s head, “Did you forget I create you with a lot of speciality and one of it was you can see another living creature whom can’t be seen by humans? What do you think about you can see the ghost? Do you have a dead wish Seulgi? I won’t hesitate to kill you even right at this moment”

“You had killed me thousand times and why must I scared?” Seulgi mocked and with that, Yeri pull the triggered and shot her imaginary friend without hesitation and Seulgi is dead for a few minutes before she reincarnate again.

-

 

Meanwhile, in the dining room, Joohyun was washing the dishes after their dinner ended and Joy willing to help her. It was a long silence between them until Joy decides to ask something.

“Ms. Bae, can I ask you something?” Joy asked while rinsing the plates.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Did you believe that imaginary friends actually exist? I mean they are different from the ghost right?”

“Yes, they are exist and of course they’re different. Why did you ask?”

“Wendy didn’t tell you isn’t she?”

Joohyun stop, turn her attention to Joy, “Tell me what?” Joohyun question, furrowing her eyebrows as she was confused

“Guess, she really isn’t. As far I know, Irene, Wendy’s imaginary friend can touch thing and even eat my FOODS every time she was there. It was so annoying that she keeps eating my foods without my consent and you know what the worst part is?! She didn’t finish all the food and make a leftover as if she want me to see it! She really knows how to make me furious!” Joy whines

“She can touch thing?” Joohyun question again, still feeling confused

“Yes! Sometimes, I thought she was a ghost, but Wendy keeps on denying it! She just so stupid. Ah, there is a time where that Irene girl, even put a cockroach under my pillow and I had been sleeping with it for past three days until I figured it out! She so disgusting! I really don’t like her!” She whines again

Joohyun on the other hand, just keep silence as she was listening to Joy, who can’t stop whining over Irene. ‘She can touch a thing? It’s sound new’ Joohyun thought

-

 

“YERI WAIT!” Wendy stops the short girl from walking any far by standing in front of her.

Taking a deep breath, she asked “H-How did you know about my imaginary friend?”

Yeri grin, “Obviously, my friend can see her”

Wendy turns to her right side and mumbling something “You can see her? She can see you! Oh come on!”

“Um, hello?” Yeri called, trying to bring Wendy attention back to her which she was succeeded.

“Your friend, you mean your imaginary friend?” Wendy questioned. Yeri nod as an answer which cause Wendy to surprise.

Covering in surprise, she whispers, “You have an imaginary friend? And you can see my friend?”

“Um, yeah, but as I told you, my friend who can see her”

“HOW?! MY FRIEND CAN’T SEE HER”

“Because I create her with that speciality”

“Speciality? What do you mean?”

Yeri rolled her eyes, “How did you create her? Your friend? Did she just pop out like that when you create her? Don’t tell me you only create her as your companion and nothing else!” Yeri groans, feeling frustrated with Wendy.

Wendy, who was still dumfounded, furrowing her eyebrows as she tries to understand what Yeri means.

“I’m sorry, but can you tell me more?”

“How did you create her?” Yeri asked again. Wendy just keeps quiet, thinking about how she created Irene for the first time.

Yeri sighed, “Okay, I will go first. As for me, I create Seulgi with lots of speciality such as she can transform herself to any living creature, especially her favorite part is a bear, she can even see a ghost, she can roam around freely without I had to call out for her, she can talk to other creature and even socialize with them and the only things she can’t do is make a contact with human or things. She is fully invisible and yet exist”

“But, my Irene can touch thing”

“Because you create her that way”

“I did?”

“Yes, you did and that’s her speciality”

Wendy feels amazed by the fact and her eyes got teary, facing to her right side and mumble something, “I never thought I create you with a speciality. That is why you’re so real and yet you’re not existed” Wendy paused, still feel confused, “This isn’t even logic” Wendy denied

“I know and you must know you’re one of the special one”

“Special one?”

“It’s not everyone can create their imaginary friend like they’re actually exist in this world and as you know, imaginary friend means you imagine them as whatever you wanted, keep them as your companion and yet they are not exist. In our cases, we can create them like they’re actually existing by putting a special part on them and we can’t control them and the most interesting part is they act and think like a real person and that’s what make us special. Only the special one can create them like they’re actually exist.”

“It doesn’t make sense” Wendy mumble, still feeling confused.

Yeri face-palm herself, “Did you ever watch Glass movie?”

“I never heard about it”

“Did you even watch a movie?”

“I did?” Wendy ponder

“What movie did you watch?”

Wendy thinks for a second before clear and suddenly start singing, “Let it go~ let it go~ can’t hold it back anymore~”

Yeri rolled her eyes in frustrated, “What’s the movie name?”

“Uh, um, Elsa?”

Yeri feel her patience was getting thinner, “Just say you never watch any movies before”

Wendy feels the tension in Yeri’s voice and she just shrugs as an answered.

“What about the movie?” Wendy questioned

“It’s a movie where they’re bunch of extraordinary people and become a superhero. Just like us, but the different thing is we’re not a superheroes” Yeri explained

“So, we’re special kids?” Wendy question again.

Yeri nods, “Yup. I know it was hard to believe, especially if you’re a logical person. Not everything in this world has a fact Wendy. Sometimes, things much better exist without fact for our own safety” Yeri stated.

-

 

After the dinner, Joy and Wendy had to stay back at their lecturer's house for a while because Joohyun was planning to do the counselling session that Wendy missed for the past week and here they are, in Joohyun’s reading room, just the two of them, quiet yet feel cosy.

“Um, you know, we can do it tomorrow” Wendy said blankly as she was scanning the books on the bookshelf.

Joohyun, who was sitting on the chair, staring at Wendy while resting her chin on her hand, “I’m not going to take a risk that you might escaping another session tomorrow” Joohyun replied calmly

Wendy nods, “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t escape the session anymore and I’m sorry” Wendy apologize as she faced Joohyun and caught her staring which make Wendy grins.

“Never thought you had a very quirky hobby” Wendy teased which cause Joohyun to fluster.

Joohyun took her notebook, covering her redden face and turning the pages faster than usual which amused Wendy.

“Joohyun” Wendy called as she sits next to quiet Joohyun who pretend to read her notebook. Wendy took the notebook away from Joohyun who was caught off guard and her grins grew bigger when she saw the woman’s face was turning red not from anger but embarrassment.

“You’re blushing” Wendy teased again

Joohyun fake out a small chuckle and start to fan herself, “No, I’m not” she denied.

“It just kinda hot here” Joohyun added, looking for the aircon remote but nowhere to be found.

“Really? I feel kind of cold here or is it because of me? Did I make you feel hot Joohyun?” Wendy asks in a sultry voice. Wendy then took Joohyun’s right hand and hold it as she use her other hand to help ing Joohyun’s shirt which causing the woman to surprise.

“W-what are you trying to do Wendy?” Joohyun stutter. She took a glance at Wendy then her hand as the younger the second buttons revealing a bit of her cleavages and didn’t aware she was unconsciously giving an access to Wendy to touch her.

“Oh, I’m just helping you out. You said you’re hot and I think, taking off your shirt is the best w-”

Before Wendy could even finish her words, unfortunately, someone was barging into the reading room and witnessing the current situation Joohyun and Wendy were right now, the person is definitely will misunderstand.

“Wow, never thought you really doing romantic things with your client mum” Yeri mutter as she looks at those two terrified women who was trying to act calm on their own seat while Joohyun was trying her best buttoning her shirt back to its normal place.

“It’s not what you’re thinking Yeri” Wendy try to explain

“ing my mum’s shirt? What am I thinking? A in a reading room? Of course not!” Yeri fake a laugh

“Oh come on! At least do it in the bedroom. It will be more comfortable than those table” Yeri pointed at the table and smirking at her mother who was blushing madly.

“Guess, I interrupt your ‘counselling session’ and I think I should get going now. Have fun mum!” Yeri yells before closing the door, leaving the two women in embarrassment.

-

 

“Where is your gratitude?” Seulgi asked as she was following Yeri from behind.

“Thanks, but next time please make sure the timing was right!”

“Is it not the right time? Do I have to wait till they um, they did it and you decide to barge in?” Seulgi question fiddling with her fingers like a little kid who was just getting scold from her mother.

Yeri thinks for a second and plaster an evil smirk on her face as she got an idea, “Seulgi, what do you think?”

“I’m not thinking anything” Seulgi answered clueless with Yeri question.

Yeri let out a laugh and wink at the clueless girl, “Well, you will know later”

“I swear Yeri, if your mum can see me, I will definitely tell her who is the real evil here.” Seulgi mumble to herself

-

 

In the living room

 

Joy was alone when the house was suddenly blackout and she heard screaming from the upper room. It was a lie if she didn’t feel scare being alone in the big living room with no lights and all she can do is shut her eyes trying to control herself from getting a panic attack. Joy tightens her grips on her shirt as she took a deep breath, eyes still close and she didn’t make any single move while praying to God to protect her from any kind of devil or ghost.

“You think God will help you in this state?” someone whispering behind her which making her screams and causing her to jolt up from the sofa and lost her balance. Thankfully, before she can even fall to the floor, someone was fast enough to hold her and unluckily, the person was shoving the torchlight to her eyes which almost causing her to blind once she try to open her eyes.

“Hey! I don’t know who you are but can you please get off the torchlight from my eyes? You almost made me blind!” Joy scold

“A thank you sound nice to me, but I guess you’re one of those bunch of disrespectful girls out there” Yeri mutter, turn off the torchlight which causes Joy to hold Yeri on her wrist.

“C-can you please turn on the torchlight?” Joy pleaded.

Yeri raised her brow and glance at Joy, who was eyes shut once again and she was shuddering.

“Are you scared of ghost or just scare of darkness?”

“B-both”

“Who even believe in a ghost?”

“Y-you sound like Wendy”

“Probably because you miss her”

“I’m not”

“Whatever” Yeri rolled her eyes.

“C-can you stay with me? I’m scared to be alone” Joy plead still holding onto Yeri.

Yeri is just humming only, turning on the torch which the only thing that light up the whole living room. They took a seat on the sofa with Joy is being clingy to Yeri like a koala.

“I never thought you were a koala”

“Am I?”

“Yeah, being all clingy. Mind to tell me why you’re scared of the dark? You know, everything has a reason why we’re being scared or traumatized”

“Yeri, how old are you?” Joy change the topic.

“13. Why?”

“You sound like an old woman to me” Joy let out a small chuckle

“I know, but to tell you the truth, I’m really an old woman who was stuck in this 13 year old girl’s body” Yeri lie which cause Joy to laugh.

“I’m glad you’re not scared anymore”

“Thanks to you, Yeri for making me feel better now” Joy said gratefully.

“But, I’m really an old woman who was stuck in this body” Yeri whisper into Joy’s ear which cause Joy to shudder.

 

 

Meanwhile, in the reading room

 

It’s been 15 minutes after the blackout and Wendy was having the best moment in her whole life for the first time. Wendy never thought that someday she will stuck in a dark room with her crush or her soon to be girlfriend (that’s what she thought) and getting hugged by her. At this moment, Wendy was grateful both of them didn’t even bring their phones with them. Such a coincidence, huh?

“W-Wendy” Joohyun called

“Mhm” Wendy replied, who has a big smile on her face while rubbing Joohyun’s back to comfort the woman. If Joohyun ever try to glance at Wendy or the lights was on, Joohyun probably putting on an annoying face but luckily the lights was out.

“C-can you sing me a song?”

“Sure. As long it will make you feel better” Wendy replied and then Wendy clear before she start singing comforting the scarred woman.

So much that I don’t know

Honestly, it’s hard

I don’t know the right timing

Why do things keep messing up?

 

My heart has slow footsteps

So with all my strength, I chased after you

Each step you take

I’m right there so why are you hesitating?

 

Ooh love love is, what is it, what is love?

Ooh love, what do I do? What if love?

You’re probably my

 

one one one my one

the only one one one you are

If this is love love love if love

What should I do, what should I do? what if this is the love

Joohyun listen attentively as Wendy sang her a song, snuggle closer to the younger woman leaving no space as she rest her head on Wendy’s chest listening to her heart beat. It was a bit faster than normal making her wonder why, but she shrugs it off. Wendy’s voice lures her to her dreamland and a few minutes later, Joohyun was asleep in Wendy arms. Realizing Joohyun had fallen asleep, Wendy stop and gazed at Joohyun who sleep soundly in her arms and give the woman a kiss on the forehead before she follow Joohyun to her dreamland.

“Goodnight and love you, Joohyun”

-

 

It was Sunday when Yeri called Wendy to ask her for a meeting and here they are, in a café where Joohyun and Wendy used to meet for their counselling session.

“What is it Yeri?” Wendy question as she took a sip of her favorite cappuccino.

Yeri sigh and slumping her small body against the chair before she speaks up, “Seulgi, she keeps annoying me!”

“Why?”

“She wants me to ask you about Irene”

“What about Irene?”

Yeri rolled her eyes in annoyance, “She want you to introduce Irene to her”

“But Irene can’t see her”

“THAT’S WHAT I TOLD HER!” Yeri yells and slamming her hands on the table which attracting attention from other tables.

Wendy scoff, “I’m aware you are mad, but please do behave, Yeri. We’re in a public place now”

“I don’t care. Do you know how many times I had to kill her in a day just to shut her up?!”

“You can kill her?”

“Yes, and of course she can’t die. She was immortal and doesn’t even real! And now, she was asking me to introduce her to someone who can’t even see her!” Yeri said in a high pitch.

Wendy gives a gentle tap on her cup as she thinks for a while, “Yeri? Is there a way to make Irene see her?”

“Why would I know? She is yours and you should know more about her” Yeri curt

“I know, but how I create her is still a mystery to me as well” Wendy said devastated.

“How do you create Seulgi?” Wendy added

“I told you before” Yeri answer lazily

“I mean specifically”

Yeri feels jaded, but she still replies to Wendy question, “I create her by imagining she can do lots of things, she looks like human, she was immortal and unforgotten, she was born to be free, she can see another creature, she was my partner in crime, she was 5’3 tall, skinny girl and have a cat eye, her skin was a little bit tanned and sometimes she looks like a bear, a little bit innocent but a wise girl and ZIMZALABIM! SHE HAD BEEN CREATED! Welcome to Yeri’s world”

Wendy blinks her eyes twice, then repeat, jaw hangs wide open as she couldn’t believe what she was seeing, “Yeri, I think I can see her. I can see Seulgi”

 

 

 

A/N: Zimzalabim! I am here~ haha

I think this chapter is the longest chapter I had written compared to the other and I hope you won't feel bored. x)

also, I just got an ideas when I rewatching Glass movies and that is why I mention it here. You guys should watch it too if you had time. It's an interesting movie!

p/s: don't worry, Yeri isn't a magician. Since wenrene use 'zimzalabim' on their teasers, why not we have Yeri using 'zimzalabim? ;D

anyways, I put some Joyri moment because I missed them:'c

Tell me how you think about this chapter and hope you guys do enjoy this chapter as well~

Thank you and stay tune!