Friend go

Fancy You?

A/N: I used Italic fonts for her imaginary friend so it won’t be confusing. Hope you enjoy it~

 

 

“You know, I’m tired of people step on me like this!”

“You said it 100th times, yet you let them. I won’t blame them either because you’re actually too stupid for being too nice.”

“Did you just said I AM STUPID?? I’m the SMARTEST GIRL—OH HI JOY!” Wendy greets as she saw her friend walking over her direction while holding two cups of coffee.

“Can you just stop talking to yours-so-called-imaginary-friend for once when you’re in public?” a girl named Joy plead, handing her a cup of cappuccino.

“Thanks for the Cappuci” she said in flat tone, then took a sip of her favorite cappuccino.

“There you go again, ignoring the topic. Do you even realize how old are you and having an imaginary friend at this age? Seriously Wan, you should check your mental health”

Wendy mimicking her friend while making an annoying gesture “Yeah, yeah, whatever you said, I have to go. See you later babe” she gave the tall girl flying kiss before walking away. Joy shakes her head in defeated. “Sometimes, I wonder why I was befriending her.  Probably, I must gone mad too.”

 

-

Wendy was about to undress herself when someone suddenly asks her “How does it feel like to have a smart brain, pretty face and H.O.T body at the same time?” she turned around to face the source while getting undressed in front of the tiny woman who is a bit older than her like she already getting used to it.

“Irene, how many times I had told you to shut up about it? Also, why are you always appearing when I was about to change my clothes?”  

The tiny woman was relaxing on the bed, a quirk smirk appears as she was about to tease the other girl “Because you look hot. It would be a waste if I spend my time disappearing when I can see this hot moment, every day, 24/7?”

Wendy sigh, “don’t you get tired of it?” she slump her body next to a girl named, Irene.

“Why would I?” a smirk never leaves her face as she moves closer to Wendy.

“Why won’t you?” Wendy question, dangling her legs freely while humming to her favorite song, eye closed so she can feel it through her soul.

Irene curls her lips as she think of the right words “because I love you”

Wendy was too tired to think, so she just mumble the words which soon she will regret “I would love you back if you’re even real”

Irene jumped out of the bed, surprised with the answer. If Wendy really means what she said, that’s mean they’re going to be a real couple if she was a real person or the exact word ‘human’. 

“Really? Is that a deal?”

Wendy hummed, “Probably, yeah”

“I will take it as a deal”

-

 

It’s been a week since Wendy last talk to Irene but it feels like a year for her. No one will ever think she was this lifeless because she didn’t see or talk to her imaginary friend except Joy, her best friend.

“Well, well, who is here? Wait, are you crying?!”

“No, just lack of sleep. I will be fine”

“Come on, Wendy! It's just a week and it’s not like a decade since the last time you saw your-so-called-imaginary-friend… wait, what is her name again?”

“Irene”

“Yeah, whoever you called her” Joy paused, “Are you sure she was your imaginary friend or isn’t she a ghost? You know, you can even see her and talk to her specifically.”

Wendy frowns, “Only stupid people who believe the ghost is real and no, she isn’t”

Joy laugh, poking her friend’s mochi cheek “Say it loud to yourself babe.” 

“Who even still had an imaginary friend at this age unless you are crazy” Joy added, received a smack from her best friend.

“Stop saying I’m crazy. I am not” She snort.

Joy thought for a while and suddenly something clicked in her head as if she was solving a mystery.

“Wan, I heard there is a new transfer lecturer who was majoring in psychology. Why don’t we meet her and seek for help? Or at least, get you a counselling session?”

“It might help you” Joy added.

Wendy growl in frustrated that her so called best friend still thinking she was crazy. She was about to protest when Joy speaks again “I heard, her name is also Irene”

 

-

 

Wendy storm to her dorm angrily “Just because her name is Irene doesn’t mean I would agree with you!”

Joy groan, “Come on, this isn’t a worst decision I ever made for you!”

“Yes! It is the WORST DECISION EVER!”

“HOW?”

“YOU ARE FREAKING THINK I WAS CRAZY AND NEED A HELP FROM A PROFFESSIONAL HELPER!”

Joy stood there silence as she watches her friend throwing her bag on the floor roughly and was like ready to fight her.

“Stop throwing tantrum, Wendy. You’re turning 21 this year.” Joy sighed, massaging her temple and was feeling stress over her best friend. 

“Wendy, I am worried sick about you. I mean, I’m fine with you talking to your imaginary friend, but if you’re mourning over her missing for a week, you must be sick and that’s not normal!” Joy added.

“You’re right.” Wendy sighed in defeat, looking down on her feet, she feels like wanting to cry again. She doesn’t understand why she was behaving like this either. All she knew, Irene was there with her through thick and thin since she was 5 years old. Growing up with Irene was such a best thing that ever happens to her. Besides, she had no one else except Joy, who was she met 10 years ago and happen to be her adopted sister.