~ I. chapter ~

The secret between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
HAPPY 5HINEE'S ANNIVERSARY! STAY STRONG AND HEALTHY! Enjoy it ^^

 

The story is slightly inspirated by the song which is in this chapter, the whole plot came out from my mind and it became one of my favorites one!

 

Thousand years ago on the Earth people were scared because with them shared their life dragons. The biggest beast which they have ever seen. People felt fear and some magicians tried to kill them or capture them, they also wanted to get their blood, dragon’s blood was the most powerful. But mages always ended just like dust, black ash. Only one human could stay with dragons. He was called The Dragon Ranger. After this human death the new came. Not anyone could be The Dragon Ranger, the soul from the last one came into the first born baby in the south kingdom called Yontalcar. This kingdom was one of the biggest and powerful, their laws were strong but some of other kingdoms wanted their land. And after years of cruel wars, the king Jinhun made one decision.

 

On his own he rode his horse into the mountains where lived five dragons and their Ranger. Between them was made a contract, very strong. If some day would be the dangerous time for their kingdom, dragons and their Ranger would come and help people and kingdom.

Years flew quickly, years turned into hundreds years. In every historical book were stories about old contract which was made years ago. No one believed to it yet. Dragons never had some payment for their protection which was never needed at that time, they didn't want to have some sacrifice. When people tried come to the mountains, they never found dragons. People stopped to believe that there were five strong dragons. They made only tales about it for their childrens.

Jinhun, made also their description which was still with some black places. Jinhun didn’t get to know the whole truth, because the Ranger was careful he knew very well about human’s heart and his propensity to use some information against another one human.

One of the oldest books describes the five dragons like this.

 

First of the dragons was called Arnon. Arnon was silver dragon with very strong magic. His magic could move with a ground, he could make stones flight over and over. He was an ice dragon. His expressions were strong and the king couldn’t take his eyes away as he was stuck at these eyes.

The second one was Failon. Also very strong and red dragon with two long horns. His magic was fire, he could make fire from everywhere, yes, he was a fire dragon at all. He made one of the biggest orbs from fire. Me, the king Jinhun, can remember how much aggressive this dragon was. The fire inside him was active every minute.

The third one was Taurino. The black dragon with power of lightning. Also he could make orbs. He didn't have so much big magic power, but he was very strong. The Ranger said me that he can fight very well though I never saw their trainings, I didn’t get a chance.

 

About the next dragon were only few blur information. At this book were some notes from king and also from other books.

 

The fourth one was Mahtion. In the books he had also some nicknames like nightmare or soul’s eater. His powers were poison and acid. He could eat souls from bodies. His Ranger could decide who should lose their life. Mahtion was big black, blue and green dragon.

The last one dragon was black and white. They called him Alcohtar. He was an aquatic dragon. This very strong and big dragon could make one of the biggest pushes. He often cooperated with the fire dragon, Failon.

 

In new books people made also some false information. It became one big mess and no one knew where the truth was.

In the books never were information about Rangers. Maybe every Ranger had different power. The king never got the chance to get to know the Ranger and his partners better, they never showed their whole powers as the protection and the king accepted it, he knew why they chose to be like mystery.

 

Years passed by and now Lee Jinki was a new king. He read lots of books but never thought about their trueness. He had bad worries. One of the kingdoms from the North became impatient, they wanted more power. Though there were stories about dragons, they wanted the power of Yontalcar. Their eyes were blind. Jinki had doubts, could he win over them? His general, Choi Minho, did everything for his soldiers. They needed the one of the strongest soldiers. Jinki's brother, Taemin, was only fifteen years old. Jinki wanted to save their kingdom, his brother to be safe, he didn't want this war, but he couldn't do anything with it. The council of the kingdom remembered on dragons but also they didn't believe to these legends. In their minds they thought that dragons couldn't live for so long time.

Jinki was sitting in his office when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Jinki said and his main advisor Kibum came in.

"Your Highness," he bowed.

"Kibum, what is wrong?" Jinki asked when he looked at him.

"The harbinger came with a message... Erunis made moves... they are getting closer to our borders. We have to make a decision," Kibum bit his lip. Jinki widened his eyes and got up.

"Tell Minho to get ready, we are going... tell Taemin to stay in his room with Heechul," Jinki said and took his sword.

"No! Hyung!" Taemin ran into the office.

"I wanna go with you, please!" Taemin hugged Jinki tightly when a tall black-haired man came in.

"Your Highness... I am sorry..." he bowed and turned to the prince. "My Prince, come back, we didn't end our writing lesson..." the man sighed.

"No Heechul, I wanna go with Jinki..." Taemin shook his head.

"No, Taemin, stay here, please, do this for me..." Jinki sighed and kissed his forehead.

"B-but... what if something bad would happen?" Taemin bit his lip.

"Because of it you should stay here... be here with Heechul... I will come back, I promise, arraso?" Jinki kissed him.

"Alright... but... but if you won't come... I will... beat their asses!" Taemin sobbed and sniffed.

"Brother... shsh... dongsaengie... I promise... Minho and I will come back," Jinki his back.

Taemin nodded but walked away with Heechul. Meanwhile Yoncaltar's soldiers were prepared for their battle. Lots of horses and soldiers. In Jinki's kingdom were also two powerful mages who supported their beloved king. Jongwoon and Jungsu, very strong mages. They joined their king on the way.

They passed villages, small towns. People were watching them. Some of them in fear, some curiously. No one knew what was happening, it was better, but few of them had doubts… Why are Yoncaltar’s soldiers and their king on this way? It couldn’t bring anything happy and also it couldn’t mean some happy moments.

Erunis' and Yoncaltar's soldiers met on the big meadow near the border. Erunis' king was very built muscular man with devilled eyes. He was also known as Minhun.

"So, you came?" the king laughed and his stallion which lowered its ears.

"This land, this kingdom won't ever be yours, remember it," Jinki frowned and both kings ordered the start of the battle.

Soldiers ran into each other after a while. Screaming of generals and soldiers was heard. Yoncaltar’s soldiers did their best. They wanted to win this battle. They should… Erunis king was cruel, no one wanted to have this man as their king.

Jinki bit his lip and watched as one of his man fell on the ground. Death. Everywhere. Sweat and blood. The air was heavy as after some whiskey. But this wasn’t whiskey, it was bad. Jinki pushed his horse against the big ball of swords and fighters. Thanks to his good brave horse he could easily fight with enemies who were surprised that Yoncaltar’s king joined into the battle meanwhile Minhun was just watching as they were slowly dying.

Erunis’ king had also two mages who were black magicians. It was very bad. Jongwoon and Jungsu had problems. They could be the best in whole kingdom, but these two enemies were using their black magic. Jinki hissed as Jongwoon fell and Jungsu blocked another attack. Then Jinki looked at Minhun who was smirking and smiling. He saw the win… And… he was so much sure about his win, but he didn’t count with something… or someone?

Jinki hissed and looked at Minho who was fighting by the side of his men. He had his serious face and though he was slightly injured he still fought with enemies. The battle seemed to be never ended. Or not in good way for Yoncaltar. They were close to lose but…

But after some time of the cruel battle, something disturbed them. Something made everyone stepped few steps back. Jinki took his horse a back and he was watching from afar something… Also Erunis’ king was watching as some siluette walked closer.

It was a man, short man with platinum blond hair. He was singing. Very loudly and softly. This song made everyone stopped and some of soldiers had fear in their eyes though they didn't understand to it. In man's hand was a big strong colorful sword and on his back was the second one. His voice was beautiful, angelic, strong and powerful.

//THE SONG//

"Children of the land do you hear

Echoes of truths that once rang clear

Two souls intertwined

One true love they did find

Bringing land and heavens near

 

But flames that burn full bright, soon fell dark

Memories dimmed by shadowed hearts

In the waxing gloom did wane the lover's moon

Watching as their worlds drift apart

 

One soul's cry

A passion dwelling within

Sacrifice, a final plea to her kin

Yet this bond of hope, by treachery was broke

Scattering her words to the wind

 

Swelling over long,

seas of blood, are a song

And death an afterthought

To those who fight for naught

 

A throne, lying empty

A reign, incomplete

Alone, for eternity

A pain, without cease

 

Children of the land, answer this

Why must you turn to empty bliss

Tell me why break trust, why turn the past to dust

 

Seeking solace in the abyss

Tell me why create, a circle none can break

Why must you let go, the life you were bestowed

 

This I fear I'll never know

Never know" he finished his song, smiled, looked at Jinki's eyes and turned to enemies.

 

"I never know," he smiled.

"Who do you think you are!" The Erunis' king frowned but the short man just chuckled and looked at the direction of four magicians.

Jungsu was a bit hurt and Jongwoon had wound on his shoulder. Both of black magicians were slightly hurt too.

"I am your nightmare, you should have known that this will happen," the man raised his sword and loud roars were heard.

Everyone stiffened a bit more. Only one of the black mages tried to beat platinum haired man, who even didn't make any move, but at that mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter