Just Off. X

Succ-U-Bae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since that day, the girls getting used to Irene and her apartment. In fact Irene had become quite close to the girls, they had shared stories about their life and Irene had talked about you quite a lot as well after they told her about the prophecy and feelings towards you.

They had found out more about you in one day with Irene than they had with 3 days with you and it honestly made their feelings towards you stronger.

Irene had been with you since you were an angel, you two had grown up together, whether it be due to how she was so much alike or due to how she was also completely unlike you, you two were like a puzzle.

Through many religions they called you by many names, Satan in Abrahamic religions, Shaytan or Iblis in Islam, Samael in Jewish Midrashim and more. Referring to Judaism, Irene would be called Anael or Haniel. She was known for the sinful joy and pleasure cast down on humans.

You spoke about a destiny without the constraints of being an angel, they didn’t have to always be holy and innocent, a life where they could do whatever they wanted, act out on the emotions they felt. This was what started the revolution.

With her by your side, you had begun to make more angels fall, thus the tale of the seven fallen angels had been created. You led them through the war, after being cast down you fought with heaven, demon spawns of yours along with fallen angels against your father’s. Many had their lives taken and after seeing that the war would have no end your father had decided to allow you your own domain, one where he could not question your decisions or influences but as a consequence you would become the so called ‘Protector of Earth’.

It had irked you at first, knowing that your father would still have some sort of control over you but you soon realized this was the only way to get what you wanted, so you had accepted knowing that in the end you would live your immortal life the way you wanted.

And so years passed and hell flourished, demons spawning younger demons who spawned younger demons and the cycle repeated. You had continued your life, the ability to seduce, change form and have an infinite amount of money led you to have a very eventful life.

The girls had asked Irene about why you hated being an angel so much out of curiosity, the reaction you gave once you realized you would turn into the pacifist of the world caused them to be quite confused but Irene could only chuckle, remembering how you were as angel.

“Well… God had decided to create the devil out of fire right? So that led to him/her being an outsider I suppose, along with him/her’s brother being made out of light and dirt it didn’t help when he was the holiest man out there.  The devil felt jealousy, something an angel wasn’t supposed to feel. It had broken into the devil’s mind. Why shouldn’t we feel certain emotions? Why couldn’t we punish those who deserve it? Why must we show mercy to even the worst? Who establishes what bad and good is? When I had heard these thoughts and questions, I soon had doubts as well and that led to many others doubting as well. No one had dared defy god, we all just listened and continued to obey to rules that were set out for us. It was honestly eye-opening for me.”

The girls nodded, understanding, that while they had never felt those constraints, even the thought of not being able to have free will to do what they wanted to do made them shudder.

A yawn left Irene’s lips, the other girls following soon, “I think this was a good history lesson.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter