Caffeine

What I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun HATES coffee.

She despised the way the cold and bitter liquid tastes and the very thought of it made her miserable. But heck, would she endure every single cup of the overrated death drink just to get a glimpse of the ethereal Barista and her monolid eyes. She'd spend a good hour in the cafe knowing very well she is in the midst of her caffeine-containing mortal enemy. She never forgets to leave tips though, thinking of it as silent love letters for the young woman.

These type of gestures, in Joohyun's world, were obvious signs of infatuation whereas in the real world, could be interpreted as being decent. But of course, the young barista was oblivious to all these. The unknowing girl she's been crushing on for a few weeks now would always wonder why Joohyun never finishes the drinks she order.

Feeling a bit brave on that particular afternoon, she warily approaches the four-eyed girl who was immersed in whatever she was typing in her laptop.

"Excuse me ma'am" Seulgi starts, struggling to find the words to say. "I was just wondering", she continues slowly, "Is there something wrong with the coffee? I've noticed that you never finish it. Is it...that bad?" Seulgi mutters as Joohyun looks up.

"Pretty" Seulgi thought, "why haven't I noticed her before?"

"Oh no, no...you see...I don't really like coffee" Joohyun replies recklessly, still a bit dazed at the sight in front of her.

Seulgi, now utterly confused asks, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter