I'm With You

What I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy stares at the coral pink ceiling and wonders who the heck would choose that color specifically for their ceiling. Well of course, none other than her long-time bestfriend Wendy, who right now is busy fumbling with her guitar, clearly forgetting all about Joy's existence.

"Pathetic..." Joy mumbles, this was not targeted towards her best friend but rather to herself. Seeing how passionate Wendy was about her songwriting and how she was just there sitting beside her made Joy question her decisions in life. Remembering how it was back then, it was always the same scene. Wendy with her guitar and Joy with nothing else to do. It was truly boring, to some, maybe suffocating, because despite the fact that both were fairly good at singing, Wendy had a knack for instruments and was ten times as hardworking, while Joy..not so much.

What everybody failed to realize however, was that this was always fine for Joy. She loved seeing her best friend in the spotlight, but boy was she humble, too humble. If it wasnt for Joy, nobody would even think about Wendy being a singer. Back in 5th grade when Joy forced her to sing "Speak Now" with her guitar was when everybody realized that Wendy was destined for big things. Now, she's the all-around real-deal at their school, though Wendy would always give credit to her bestfriend.That maybe was the very thing Joy admired in her.

Joy sighed, immensing herself in Wendy's side-profile, when will she stop being so perfect? Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter