CHAPTER XII

MY MOON

He dates IU the most genuine person he could know. He brings her here there everywhere. He looks up to her. They walk through the campus and he feels there is someone looking on him so he looks back and he saw her in the middle of the student's crowd, she smiles and he feels relief but she turns her back. He tries to call her name but she didn't budge to look back. He runs to her and was able to reach her wrist when IU shouted his name. He looks to his girlfriend and look to Chaeyoung's retreating figure. He sighs but IU looks at him and he feels different by IU's and her smile.

Why

Days passed and he did not receive any messages from his friends or maybe from a certain friend named Chaeyoung. He keeps on looking on his phone when a hand rubs his arms. He looks up and saw IU's concern face.

"What's wrong?"

"Its just that my friends haven't contacted me these past few days and Chaeyoung even not bother to atleast ask me to go home with her after school." He responded.

IU looks down and takes out her hand from him. He looks to her hand, its milky white and its soft but why does Chaeyoung's hand flash into his mind. He shakes his head and close his eyes.

"You know I want to go for shopping this Saturday for my parent's anniversary. Will you help me?" She asks and he smiles with how cute her face is.

"What time?"

"Uhm. 3pm? Will it be okay?"

He squints his eyes and a thought comes to his mind.

its Saturday.

"Can you come with Jihyo sunbae?"

He can feel through her eyes that she don't like it. "I mean its Saturday and Taehyung and I used to hangout."

She looks down. "Ah. Will Chaeyoung be there?"

"Yes. Actually, their house is where we always hang out as her brother Jimin not letting us go with our own houses."

"Sure. Yeah." IU fell silent.

--

After that Saturday when he came to Park's house and the revelation of Taehyung about the letters of Chaeyoung's secret admirer he feels he wants to throw anything to anywhere. Good thing that day IU called him saying Jihyo can't accompany her so he decided to go and leave his bestfriends to release what tension his feelings are. Its strange his chest tightens and he can hear nothing but Chaeyoung having an admirer. Its too much.

He and IU are walking to the corridor when there are whispers around. Gossiping about the person in the middle of the hall. He tries to peek and saw her with her book snatch away. The guy in front of her is the same guy she bumps into weeks or is it months ago. Her face is red and it somehow irritates him, few moments their eyes met. He tries to go to her to take her away from that guy but IU tugs his uniform. They walk out from the crowd and sit outside near the room buildings.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Who is that guy?"

"Which guy?" IU looks around.

"The guy with Chaeyoung a while ago."

She stares to him and he stares back waiting for answers. She sighs as she answers. "That's Oh Sehun. He is a jock and a smart guy. Every girl likes him and with his looks he can make everyone fall for him."

"Really? Even you?" Jungkook asks. IU smiles feeling the jealousy from his voice but it fades away until, "-even Chaeyoung?"

She sighs and smiles. "Yes!" She cheerily said. "I think they look good together, don't you think?"

"No. Never." He sighs. "Chae doesn't like guy like him. He prefers someone cute, adorable-"

"Someone like you?" That stops him. His body tingles warmess covering his body.

IU smiles . "Can we not talk about Chaeyoung? Please?"

He stares to her kind smile and guilt envelops him. Maybe he's talking a little more about Chaeyoung. "Sorry.." He hangs his head down and IU holds his hand.

"Let's eat." IU tugs her hand and he smiles with her touch.

--

He spend less with his bestfriends and more with IU. It somehow irritates him whenever he see Chaeyoung with that Oh Sehun. Yeah,sure he is handsome but he knows Chaeyoung will not entertain him and he knows that Chaeyoung spends time with him while ignoring his phone calls. He knows Chaeyoung will not smile like that to anyone if its not him. That eye smile forming into shining crescents are supposed to be his and why all of a sudden he can see her giggle and her beautiful laugh being taken away from him for that certain Sehun.

He stands up and decide for himself all at once being brave is the key to face her. Its after class and he collects his things and make his way to Chaeyoung's room but he halts as IU corners him.

"IU.."

"Let's go home?" She asks smilingly.

How can he neglect her with her being so gentle and so he thinks there will be other days for him to talk with her. "Sure."

He holds her hand and make their way through the gates but he stops and saw them.

He saw Sehun playing with Chaeyoung's auburn hair, he can see how happy her face is while they flirt while walking and what gets him boils up is that she just let her.

"IU sunbae. I think I'll talk to you later. This is urgent. Sorry!" He bids her goodbye in a flash and run to the two.

Panting from running. Chaeyoung and Sehun looks to him questionnably.

"Jungkook?"

"Hi Chae we need to talk-"

"Who is he?" He butts in and Jungkook swear he can punch his handsome face. He wonders why he doesn't like this Sehun guy.

"You don't care." He glares and Sehun crossed his brows. "Chae let's go.." He grabs her wrist but she stops him.

"What are you doing Jungkook?" She asks in annoyance.

Whenever he grabs her hands he can feel that spark not the same with IU and Chaeyoung never refuse his hand but what's the difference now?

"We need to talk Chae." He grips his hold tighter and Chaeyoung hiss in pain.

"Hey hey slow down. You're hurting her." Sehun said taking his hand away from her.

"Chae.." He calls her with pleaded eyes and she just stares to her blankly.

Chaeyoung turns his head to Sehun and smiles. "Sorry sunbae. I need to go with my bestfriend, he might have some problems."

He flinches from her choice of word she used to call him but he is glad she chose him. He grabs her hand and walks away.

Jungkook doesn't know where will his feet brings him but Chaeyoung just slips her hand away from his and he feels empty spaces.

Why

"What's your problem?"

He stares and his eyes soften knowing her being angry now. "Sorry. I just miss you."

She laughs bitterly. "Miss me? Like who is the one forgetting about us?"

He accepts her angry tone.

"Why are you with him?" He his lips. "That Sehun."

"He is my friend."

"Wow. Friend. Seems not like it."

They both stare to each other's eyes longer that it can be. Analyzing each thougts.

"Can you please tell me why are you dragging me here?"

He sighs and comes near her. "I don't want you being with him. He might be a bad guy and wants to take advantage of you-"

"Stop! You are being dramatic!"

"What? Why are you yelling?"

"Because you are being unfair! You can't just tell me who to be with when I am not questionning you being with her!"

It makes Jungkook stop. Somehow he feels happy hearing those words coming from her. Does he affect her?

Why

"Chae just stop seeing him." He calmly reach her hand but she swat it away.

She chuckles bitteryly. "You're so selfish." And she left him not looking back.

Maybe I am, on you.

--

Weeks passed and he never get to see Chaeyoung and it angers him each and everyday.

Suddenly IU calls him wanting to meet him up.

He waits for her on the park and she arrives with her plain white shirt and pants and she is already breath taking but not like how Chaeyoung can look wearing it.

They decided to walk and after few hours his stomach growls.

He can't stop blabbering about Chaeyoung and he is glad IU is there listening always for him.
"I hate him!" He pace back and forth ranting towards IU. "What does Chaeyoung see with that guy? Yes he is handsome and good with everything but I'm also good with everything, right?"

IU just stays silent and chuckles.

"Jungkook.."

"Yes?" He turns to her and saw sadness with her eyes.

"Let's break up."

Jungkook holds her hand. This is not happening. Shock with her sudden words. "What? No!"

"Jungkook I think I like you at first by how you pursuade me and your efforts makes my heart flutter but as days goes by I think were better off as friends. You think?" She says smiling.

Jungkook doesn't feel anything actually. Seems weird. He's not hurt nor he doesn't want to cry. He sighs in disbelief. She is right. "Yeah." He answers shortly.

"You better be honest with your feelings."

"What do you mean?"

"Its for you to find out. But I have a request-"

Suddenly his phone rings and he fishes out his phone.

Chaeyoung

His heart beats fast. Since when is the last time he saw her name flashing on his screen and answers it but IU snatches it away from him.

"Hi Chaeyoung! This is IU. Me and Jungkook is having dinner right now, do you need something?" She said on the other line.

"Sunbae give it back!" He demanded but IU continues.

"Yeah. Sure. Don't worry I'll tell him you called." And she ended the call. "-my request is just for this last day be my boyfriend and no Chaeyoung."

All he can answer her is sighs of defeat.

Surely there will be other days and he has now the time to pay back the times he has gone.

 

--

So. Here I am for a double update. I think Kookie need some flashbacks. Lol.

Actually, recently I'm losing my inspiration writing this. Thanks for those who keeps on supporting and reading my story. Truly appreciate you all. 

Keep dry and safe. Here in the Philippines its rainy season. Hoping you all safe!

-teltubby