CHAPTER XI

MY MOON

Until, she heard her phone ringing and look for the caller ID waking her up in daydreaming.

Lalisa

She answers her phone and welcomes with Lisa's beaming voice.

"Hey ! How come you never call me when you get there! You are so mean!!!"

She massages her temple she forgets how Lisa can be such like a baby nagger.

"Okay. Sorry."

Lisa on the other line never speaks and is dead silent. She knows something is odd. Rosé never says sorry and end their convo without them arguing each other.

"Something wrong?"
Lisa knows her too well.

"Yeah. -uh. I mean no."

"Did you meet hi-?" Before she could finish her words Rosé on the other line already said "Yes".

"Ow wow. That fast? How?"

She spill everything out from the very first start and Lisa is a good listener even though she bicker all the time.

"Rosé. You know, its been five years. Don't you remember why you get back to Australia? Its for you to forget-"

Rosé stays silent.

"-him." Lisa continues. "You should be over it. Now that you have the chance, be brave and face him. You know to yourself that he always try to communicate with you back then but you end up blocking his number or blocking his email."

Rosé hums in response. "Its just that when I see him I am back to square one."

"You go free yourself and just go with the flow its not like its all his fault you have yours too!"

"I know. I know."

"You guys are just so young back then having ing hormones! So tell me what if he likes you back then but is mesmerized by a shining star in front of him. Did you not think of any circumstances other than yours?"

Rose stops sinking in every words Lisa told and she is all damn right.

"Lalice?"

She hears her sigh.

"I never imagine I will be giving you advices."

"Well. Yeah."

"Rosé don't ever run away. Maybe the best for you to do is face Jungkook. Whatever happens its your choice."

"I'll try."

"That is a better answer than you saying 'nevermind'. I have to go, I'm in a shooting right now."

"Bye-"

"-oh wait! Be coming there in a week! Bye!" And Lisa ends the call.

Rosé is astonished. She wants to ask more like how will she be coming here but a doorbell rings out through the door and she peaks through the door and saw Taehyung.

"Tae!" She hugs him and the older just rub the back of his neck. "What?" She asks in confusion.

"I-uh have some company-" Taehyung answers her confusion as a bunny smile handful of fruits on her hands shows up. Her heart rate increases but she looks down to calm herself she don't want to meet those brown orbs,she might lose herself. "-you know I didn't want to bring him with me but he insisted and-"

"Its okay." She bravely looks up and stare with those brown orbs and she is lost, again.

--

All three of them now inside her hotel room. Taehyung is between them looking to his left which is Jungkook and right who is her. Taehyung sighs loudly and they both look to the latter.

"This is kind of suffocating you know?" Taehyung asks bored with the two sitting far away from each other. "I'll go get some real foods."

As he stands up Jungkook is the first to talk. "T-there are fruits we bring." As if he stutters in nervousness.

"Real foods meaning rice and some good foods kimchi,chicken so on and so forth." Taehyung is now on the door and looks back. "What I really mean is you two should talk its getting in my nerves." And he slams the door making Chaeyoung flinch.

The room is silent its deafening. Only their breaths and sighs can be heard.

"Chae.."

He sounds lonely and she has the courage to look back and saw him already staring right into her. She gulps.

"I don't know how to start.."

"Me too." She sighs.

"I'm sorry about being oblivious-" he stops and looks down. "-but why?"

She crossed her eyebrows as if she's asking what's that 'why' for.

"-why do you have to runaway? You can just say it." He stares right into her blurry eyes.

She closes her eyes and held her head up so the tears will stop escaping her eyes. "If I confess like, hey jungkook i love you. Would you want that?"

He flinches from her sarcasm.

"How can I even confess if you have IU sunbae? By that time I know you really like her and here I am having a one-sided love affair." She crosses her arms on her chest, hugging herself to make her body stop shaking.

He inhales some air to support him from speaking. "I'm sorry Chae- if you would've just tell me-"

"If I tell you what? Would there be a chang-"

"Damnit Chae! Of course there will be a change!" He said snapping back at her. She looks back with her red eyes and his eyes soften. "I don't know if you will believe me but when you're gone everything fades. All I am looking for is you. I even ask Jimin hyung if where were you but he didn't tell me, I even receive a punch from Tae before realizing more."

"What do you mean?"

He gets nearer to her and she backs away. It hurts like hell how he is longing for her touch again but still he tries to step forward.

3 steps.

2 steps

1 step

He leans down to her level and sighs, he slowly close the gap between their faces and he lightly slams his forehead to hers as he hold the back of her neck.

Her heart beats so loud she let him near her again. This is kind of suffocating but in a good way.

"Jungkook.." she called him more of a whisper. He is now staring to her lips.

"I want to get close to you more." He said with a hoarse deep voice as he his lips. She feels dizzy. Her brain and her heart mess with her. As if she is not responding Jungkook close his eyes and plant a kiss on her forehead instead before breaking away with the contact.

"What are you up to?" She asks.

"Its me wanting you to love me-" He said with eagerness on his eyes. How she wish this is not a dream. "-again."

"When you're gone it hits me hard realizing how I love you more than just a bestfriend. Sorry for being late."

She can't function anything on her mind. Is this a dream or hallucination? As she gains some energy she speaks up. "This is too fast,I can't comprehend."

He chuckles and ruffles her hair. She did not flinch anymore. She miss him so bad. "We'll take it slow. If you want we can start of being friends." He smiles. Those bunny smile.

She close by her hand to silent herself from the sobs. He pulls her and envelops her with his arms. She can feel him burying his face on the crook of her neck inhaling her scent.

He speaks up first. "I miss your scent. I am better late than never."


"Yeah.."