teasing

HARBORED
it has been a month since joohyun moved in with you.
 
nothing has changed with how you treat each other. the usual cuddling and sweetness are still there. the only difference is this time, you're sure she's not going anywhere.
 
maybe that's the reason you're feeling at ease, even if you're not official yet. the sense of security had freed you from all the worries. because you know what you're having with joohyun now isn't temporary, and you two are sure no one will get in between you again.
 
and because of that, it was easier for you to control yourself on some days.
 
on some days only.
 
because after the first few days of living together, joohyun started getting more comfortable around your apartment. and by getting comfortable, it meant seeing joohyun walk around the room wrapped in a towel, or seeing her cook food in a nightdress, or even watching a movie with her wearing an oversized shirt that covers up to the upper part of her legs only.
 
at first, you thought maybe this is just how she is. but as the week progressed, it starts dawning to you that she's testing you--or maybe teasing you. whichever the case is, you are trying your best to fight the urge of pinning her against the wall and do dirty things to her.
 
that's not the right time for it yet.
 
you haven't even gotten to the first base yet, for goodness sake.
 
---
 
you heard the door to your room open.
 
"good morning, my bear!"
 
your nose caught the smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen. then you felt a body on top of you.
 
"wakey. wakey. wakey."
 
you opened your eyes, bleary, confused. "hyun?"
 
joohyun's eyebrows furrowed. "yeah. who else? were you expecting someone else?"
 
you wrapped your arms around her waist to make sure she won't get off you.
 
"no." you glanced at the digital clock on the table. "it's saturday. why are you up this early?"
 
joohyun held your face and wiggled your head. "it's because you have a show today. i want to make sure you eat something decent for breakfast."
 
you blinked. "oh. thank you. that's so sweet of you."
 
"and also," joohyun paused, tracing a finger from your forehead, down to your nose, all the way to your chin, "i have a present for you..."
 
your grip on joohyun's waist tightened. you swore you saw a small smile forming on her lips.
 
"wanna see it?" she pushed herself up, giving you a glimpse of her cleavage peeking from her very y satin nightdress.
 
you gulped. "y-yeah. sure."
 
she stood up from the bed and walked to your door, not forgetting to look before heading out.
 
"follow me. let's do it on the couch."
 
---
 
you can't believe you had chosen to get off the bed and follow joohyun out to see this present from her. which happens to be...
 
"a pair of shoes?"
 
"it's not just a pair of shoes." joohyun pointed at the box. "it's dancing sneakers, seul!"
 
you blinked at the pair of black sneakers in front of you. they are indeed nice shoes, and they came from your favorite brand. it's just that...
 
"were you expecting a different present from me?" asked joohyun.
 
"n-no. i just..." you grabbed the shoes and hugged them to your chest. "i love these! i've wanted to have a pair of these since they came out of the market. thank you, hyun!"
 
joohyun's face softened. "awe. you really like them?"
 
"yes!"
 
"good. now you better use that for your show later, okay?"
 
"i surely will!"
 
"good." joohyun stood up, gave you a quick kiss on top of your head. she turned to her heels and swayed her hips nicely while she walks back to the kitchen.
 
you dropped the shoes, and you heard her laugh.
 
---
 
she's the one who started this teasing game.
 
and you're the one on the receiving end--the losing side. now you finally decide it's payback time.
 
you woke up early to have your morning jog. you went back to your apartment around 6 am, seeing the sleepy joohyun coming out of your room.
 
"morning!" you greeted.
 
"where did you go?"
 
"jogging. haven't you seen my note on the bedside table?"
 
joohyun glanced back inside the room. "oh."
 
"so..." you zipped your jacket down, revealing your black sports bra and abdomen. you threw the jacket on the couch. "what would you like for breakfast?"
 
you didn't miss how joohyun slightly lost her balance when she turned to look back at you. her arm reached for the doorframe to hold.
 
"hyun, you okay?" you asked.
 
"yeah..." she walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
 
you followed her. "what would you like for breakfast?"
 
she finished her glass of water first before answering, "eggs and toasted bread would be fine."
 
"okay." you walked towards her silently, sneaking up because you know she'll turn around soon. "are you going to watch the show later?"
 
"yeah, su-- aw..." and yes, joohyun took a step backward when she realized you're in front of her. her hit the counter.
 
"hey, careful." you wrapped your arms around her waist. "we don't want you to get hurt, do we?"
 
joohyun's palms slightly brushed the mounds of your abs, and you heard her growl inwardly.
 
"hey, are you okay?" you teased.
 
"not, if you're like this to me," she grunted.
 
you laughed. "what's wrong?"
 
"you know exactly what is wrong." joohyun tried pushing you away.
 
"do you really want me to let go of you now?"
 
"you stink."
 
"oh, do i?" you hugged her fully this time, making sure your bodies are touching.
 
"ew. seulgi!"
 
you laughed again. because even if joohyun pretends not to like hugging you, you felt how her body softened with your touch. you pulled back.
 
"seriously though, are you going later for the show?"
 
"today's the last day, right?" she asked, fixing your bangs.
 
"yup. and you haven't seen it this week yet."
 
"sorry. i was busy in the office. but yeah, sure, i'll be there later. i won't miss it for the world."
 
you smiled. "thank you."
 
joohyun cupped your cheeks and leaned into your ear. "after that, let's celebrate, okay?"
 
her voice was too y. you felt shivers running through your spine.
 
"who knows, maybe you'll get something special later..." she continued with that bedroom voice of hers.
 
you gulped.
 
smiling, joohyun kissed your cheek. "i'm looking forward to that breakfast after i take a shower."
 
and with that, she untangled your hands from her and walked towards the bathroom, leaving you gaped-jawed.
 
. you lost again.