official

HARBORED
to you, performing isn't about getting famous. performing--in whatever form it is--is all about expressing yourself and making people feel something.
 
the only thing you consider as success in your field is when you've elicited a reaction or an emotion from your audience.
 
despite the many hours of practice, long lines, and intricate dance steps to memorize, all the stress seems to vanish when you hear loud applause and cheers from the audience.
 
it was another successful show for you and your club that night.
 
and you couldn't be happier when you spotted joohyun from afar, waiting for you outside the dressing room.
 
the smile on her face made you feel like you've done another great job. you took the first few steps towards her, but three teenage girls stopped you.
 
"seulgi unnie, you were great again tonight!" said one girl. you bowed and thanked her.
 
"we've been watching the show for a week now so we could see you on stage," said the other girl, making you feel more embarrassed. "we're glad you're as lively as always."
 
"thank you. thank you." you don't know what to say anymore. you want to hug joohyun, but these girls are stalling you.
 
"can we take a picture, unnie?"
 
you agreed, and they've had like about three solo pictures with you each and several group pictures. the girls were thrilled.
 
while taking pictures, joohyun stood from where she's at and came closer to stand against the wall, a few meters from you.
 
"seulgi unnie, some of our friends from school wanted to know if you're single or not..."
 
you instinctively looked at joohyun, whose eyes were already at you. her eyebrows rose.
 
"seulgi unnie is still single, girls." yerim came out of the dressing room.
 
one girl squealed. "really?"
 
"she is sort of single," added sooyoung, joining in the party. the three girls got more excited and had another photo taken with yerim and sooyoung.
 
it was messy as the girls kept taking pictures. you keep glancing at joohyun who's just smiling while looking at you.
 
after the hype had subsided, one girl showed you her phone with a woman's picture. "unnie, do you think she's pretty?"
 
you stared at the photo. "yeah. she is. who's she?"
 
"she's our teacher. we brought her here last wednesday. she thinks you're hot."
 
you scratched your nape. "haha. thanks."
 
"unnie, do you want us to set up a blind date for the two of you?"
 
"uh--"
 
"oh, sure! seulgi would love that," said yerim, throwing a look in joohyun's direction. "besides, she's still single, right?"
 
joohyun laughed.
 
"really? unnie?" the girls tugged you.
 
"i... i can't..." you said.
 
their faces fell. "why?"
 
"because seulgi isn't single as yerim here claims her to be," said joohyun, walking up to you and wrapping her arms around your waist.
 
the three girls gasped.
 
"wow. since when did seulgi's relationship status had changed?" yerim smirked. "the last time i checked, you two are still beating around the bush. it's now snowing. are you two still waiting for summer?"
 
"well, i won't deny we had an unclear status these past few weeks." joohyun looked up at you. "but i'm removing that uncertainty now."
 
you blinked at her.
 
"oh. my. gosh." sooyoung covered . "unnie, are you saying you and seulgi are now official?"
 
"yes. i wouldn't let this bear roam around anymore without my label on her. would have appreciated it if she was the one who asked me to be her girlfriend."
 
"but i was waiting for you, hyun..." you protested.
 
joohyun pinched your cheeks, causing you to pout. "i know. i know. stop explaining yourself, okay?"
 
"okay. okay. too much sweetness going on here now," said yerim, faking irritation. she turned to the teenagers. "girls, sorry about your teacher, but i think you'd have to find her another prospect date."
 
"it's okay," said one girl. "we're glad to know seulgi unnie has a pretty girlfriend for herself."
 
"oh my. thank you," said joohyun. the three girls thanked all of you one last time before leaving.
 
"are you sure about this?" you asked joohyun, wrapping her in your arms.
 
"yes. i'm drawing a line, seulgi. now that we're officially together, you need to stop with that little flings with your fans, okay?"
 
"but i don't do flings."
 
"you don't, but you being nice and all give them the wrong idea. don't you think i've noticed how some audiences look at you? some of them are screaming how much they love you when you dance."
 
"yeah. seulgi is always the girl crush here," said sooyoung.
 
"tsk. tsk. tsk. now i'm sure seulgi will now regret pursuing you, unnie," said yerim, earning a playful slap from joohyun.
 
---
 
the two of you came home after having dinner with yerim, sooyoung, seungwan, and eunji.
 
"did you see seungwan's face when she realized i wasn't joking?" joohyun chuckled. "jaw dropped. eyes wide. hilarious."
 
you sat on the couch, putting your bag away. "can't blame her. she's been waiting for this day to come since we were in high school."
 
smiling, joohyun sat beside you, her hands on your lap.
 
"are we really together now?" you asked.
 
joohyun hummed. "don't you want to?"
 
"i do. but what made you decide to make it official today?"
 
"because i realized you'd never make a move to ask me." she pinched your nose.
 
"oh. so, you were waiting for me to pop the question?"
 
"yes, dummy." joohyun rolled her eyes. "that's the reason for all the teasing. just my luck, you weren't able to catch any of it."
 
you scratched your head. "all this time i thought you're trying to make fun of me."
 
"just as i thought. you were oblivious. but i seriously got teased this morning, huh? you pulled a good move there."
 
"that's a payback for all that you've done these past few weeks. i still lost though..."
 
"yeah. i got you with the surprise, right?"
 
"yes."
 
"i was serious about the surprise though, and the celebration," said joohyun. "i woke up this morning without you beside me. it felt empty. when i saw you sweating from your jog, how you looked so simple yet so beautiful, it dawned on me how much i am in love with you. right then and there i knew i wanted you to be mine. i was planning to let you know about it after your performance tonight, but yerim beat me to it."
 
"it's because she's been itching for us to be together for real since you moved here. that kid is just acting like a devil, but she really likes you, hyun."
 
"i'm glad she does."
 
you stared at joohyun. "so, um, since we're official, does that mean i can kiss you now?"
 
"gosh, seulgi. do you really have to ask?"
 
"i'm only making sure you consent it."
 
"but you already kissed me before. you didn't even ask for my permission."
 
"yeah, but it was--" you stopped when joohyun held your face and drew her face closer.
 
"just kiss me already, will you?"
 
you smirked. you placed your arms around her and pulled her to meet your lips.
 
your first kiss together was nothing compared to this one. joohyun is kissing you back with such eagerness it makes your knees feel week.
 
and as the kiss deepened, joohyun slowly leaned back to lie on the couch, pulling you along so you'll be on top of her.
 
getting too engrossed, your lips left hers to kiss her jawline and neck.
 
it was when you felt her breath become heavy when you stopped and pulled yourself back.
 
joohyun looked at you, chest heaving. her lips are swollen. you felt a sense of pride building up because you know this time you were the reason for that.
 
"i'm sorry. i got a little carried away," you said.
 
"me too. didn't know you were a damn good kisser."
 
"so are you."
 
"can you remind again me why we haven't done this sooner?"
 
"hey. i've told you before, you are worth the wait." you grazed your thumb over her lips. "these were worth the wait."
 
joohyun leaned in again and planted a lingering kiss on your lips before drawing back. "i love you."
 
you smiled. "thank you."
 
"you're supposed to say you love me too, dummy."
 
you laughed. "fine. i love you too."
 
and just as when you thought things couldn't get any better, joohyun went in closer and sealed your lips again with hers.