Anger

My CEO [Currently in Hiatus and Revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SPOV

After the awkward meeting between my little sisters and Jongin I talked with Jongin about his inferior complex. Whatever I said was nothing but the truth. Looking at him made me feel as if I am looking at myself. A me ten years ago who was so vulnerable and timid. 19 years old boy who knew nothing about the world and nor about himself. Each day used to be a struggle and I didn't have the heart to look at someone like Jongin, who was so sincere and dedicated towards his work, looking so weak.

After I left a very flustered Jongin at the reception desk, I walked to my office with a smile.

"You didn't tell me that you are going to change the head of the Biology Department." Was the first said to me the moment my elevator doors opened. And it almost gave me a heart attack to see a very pissed Jungkook right in front of my eyes.

"What? Who said that to you?" I asked while stepping out of the elevator, holding my chest. God, Jungkook really gave me a near heart attack there.

"Your sister," He hissed.

"Oh you met them already? Ha ha." Was all I could say in a very poor attempt to change the topic. Well here is the thing; you never make Jungkook angry cuz that man works out like hell. I mean even I do but, have you ever seen him shirtless? No? Then here it is, he could make Captain America cry for those muscles.

"Don’t try to change the topic here. Why are you taking all the decisions without even telling me? You don't need me anymore? I am resigning!"

Oh boy, here he goes again. I lost count on how many times he says that line every day. I am going to kill those two evil little creatures.

"Oh come on Kookie. I didn't announce it officially yet. It’s still a consideration, all right? Still in process. I was waiting to talk to you about that, but I think my sisters chose to break that news to you. Ha-ha." I explained with the best smile I could ever pull out. If there were anyone I am dead scared of, it would be Jungkook.

“Oh, really? Well fine then. But what about that brother-in-law ? I didn’t know you had a boyfriend. When did it start? You didn’t even consider telling me? Was I not supposed to know about this? Are you keeping secrets from me?!” Jungkook shouted the last part.

Well the thing is, after he joined the company we became pretty close, like really fast. At that point our company wasn’t really going well and we shared everything we had, from lunch to knowledge and on top of it, we used to live together. It’s not like we don’t do stuff like that now, we still do. We just moved to separate places, more like he threw me out as soon as I bought myself a house saying, "I don't want to stay with your dirty any longer." But not even a week later he bought himself a penthouse right next to my complex because he missed me, though he never said it in words, I knew it.

“No, no, Kookie. There is no secret boyfriend. Not at all.” I explained. “Those two minions got it wrong. I really mean it.”

Jungkook continued to give me a hard look for a minute and then calmed down, resulting in me releasing a breath of relief. “Well then, we are cool. But seriously, who are they talking about?” he asked.

“Hmm… Just don’t punch me or something but they are talking about Mr. Kim Jongin…” I trailed off.

“Kim Jongin? The junior-assistant biologist? What were you doing with him?”

“Kookie, let us talk about this later, okay? I promise I will tell you everything. Let me just deal with those two little evil creatures.”

“Okay, but I think your third sister is also there. You said two though.”

“I will deal with them, chill. And by the way I want a meeting with all the directors and the head of the departments as soon as possible.” I said the last part in a serious tone.

“Biology Department?” Jungkook asked with mirth in his voice.

I just shook my head in disappointment. “Don’t even ask. There are more complaints about a few more employees. I think it is high time we change a few of our people for good.”

“Good. We can have new people.”

“Should we take new people or recommendations? Whatever it is, this time I will be there. Set up an emergency meeting and also Lisa and Jennie would be there.”

“I prefer new faces. They are more sincere. And, sure. How about Monday, next week at 10? And CLO needs to be there?”

“Monday 10 it is. And yes, call Ms. Wendy please. We need to deal with load of legal stuff. Starting with Ms. Naeun’s administration reports, there are some serious flaws in it about the funds for lab experiments for the Microbiology and chemistry department, Mr. Kim from Finance told me.”

“Oh, even Yoongi hyung said something about it. Well, I will inform her. And should I post a job vacancy?”

“Yes please. And make sure there is no EB member involved in recruitment. Just you, me and Chanyeol.”

“Sure.” He said and then looked at me right in my eyes. “You okay? You look really tired.”

“Yeah, I know. It’s just that I never knew things were going this bad at the company.”

“Chill, at least we know now, better late than never. Now go and take rest. I will arrange for the meeting.” He said while patting my shoulder.

“Thanks, you are a lifesaver.”

“I know I am. Now stop irritating me, go.”

With a smile I left the lobby and entered my office to find my three little musketeers.

“Well hello ladies,” I greeted them, which was replied by their happy giggles.

“Oppa!” Lisa shouted and came running towards me for a hug.

“Hey there.” I patted our maknae.

“You know what? SM Entertainment gave me an offer to be the main judge for the selection of models!” She said in her chirpy voice.

“Well that is good news. Congrats little munchkin.”

“Get away, I want to hug oppa too.” Jennie brushed Lisa off me before hugging me.

“We already met downstairs Jennie,” I smiled. She just hummed and snuggled closer. I just chuckled at her childish behaviour.

“How are my beautiful sisters? Did you guys enjoy your vacation in Paris?”

“You know it wasn't a vacation.” Lisa huffed.

“Exactly why do you keep on saying it's a vacation?” Jennie questioned as she moved aside, giving me to the most innocent of us all, Rosé.

“Hey,” I smiled down looking at our cute little one. In return she just smiled back and held me tighter.

“You should stop teasing them brother. They really worked hard, you know?” Rosé said to me with a cute pout. Oh boy, how can a grown up woman be so damn cute?

“I am just teasing them, tinker” I tweaked her nose when she scrunched it.

“Oh come on! Do you have any idea how tired we are? We had to walk I don’t know how many times down the ramp. But of course, I enjoyed every second of it.” Lisa said for which Jennie nodded her head.

“I know sweetheart, I saw the show. It was amazing. My sisters are the best!” I said in a cheery voice. They just giggled and joined Rosé for our group hug. We were having a quiet moment when it struck me that they almost had me dead in Jungkook’s hands. I held them tight so that they wouldn't escape from my hands.

“Now you evil minions are going to die in my hands.” And I started tickling all three of them, which by the way is not that tough because they actually are minions. Their giggles filled the room making it way brighter than before. And that made me happy.

These girls always have a special place in my heart. They have been my source of energy in my roughest times. While Jennie and Lisa chose to study business and modelling, our innocent Rosé wanted to study elementary education. She is an elementary school teacher, which suited her personality the best. She decided to stay away from business and stuff because as she puts it, “that stuff is not for me.” And we all knew it was nothing but the truth. Jennie and Lisa completed their masters 3 years ago and are now a part of my company’s advisory board and also models for our company. They are very successful models working for different shows, fashion lines and competitions not just as participants but also as judges. In short we were all successful in our respective fields. And I was extremely proud of them and always respected their choice of work.

The next few days were hectic for me. I, of course, couldn’t sleep because I had to look at all the papers messed up by Ms. Naeun. I was about to cry when I read all the files only to find out that she practically was siphoning out our funds. It took Jungkook to come to my home in the middle of the night to stop me from tearing down the whole damned house out of anger. We sat down and called Chanyeol through Skype to discuss more about the ty work done by our employees.

I didn’t even step out of my office for three straight days. Thank goodness that I made a small home inside my office. The whole floor was mine so it had a small bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. Only me, my sisters, Jungkook and Chanyeol knew about it. Rosé kept on bringing food for me, Jungkook kept on complaining about making him work so much and Chanyeol kept on crying about ruining his vacation in India.

We had to personally call the Finance head, Mr. Kim and the Trade department Head, Mr. Min to look upon the stats. Evidences were being collected, statements, especially from the Biology department was taken care of to put it against Ms. Joee. Unsurprisingly almost everyone agreed that she practically made poor Jongin her bondslave. We even got evidence how she misused her power over him. The IT head was informed to collect data regarding siphoning of funds. Legal stuff regarding the contracts and members and illegal transactions of MY money was being taken care of by Wendy and her team. And everything was a major hush-hush. Not even a single person outside our company knew about this. Forget about people outside the company, not even the employees knew about it. It was obvious that something was going on but it was not revealed so that we could get clear evidence before they are manipulated.

All the directors were asked to be present on Monday including the US’s, China’s and Japan’s branch Director, Ms. Jessica Jung, Mr. Yixing and Mr. Minseok. I no longer call them formally; they are more like sisters and brothers to me. Chanyeol, who is one of my closest friends from college days, is our Social Director; Wendy, our CLO (chief legal officer; they basically help the company deal with litigation stuff, and also for the main members of the company. They get load of money by the way.) Our advisory board members: Lisa, Jennie, Mr. Kim Heechul, Mr. Choi Siwon, Mr. Lee Hyuk-jae, Mr. Kim Ryeo-wook, Mr. Park Jeong-su, Mr. Lee Sungmin, Ms. Kim Tae-yeon, Ms. Kwon Bo-ah. The heads of departments and of course Jungkook and me.

All in all, it was one heck of a week. And I missed Jongin too. I was so busy that I couldn’t step out of my office. The only time I saw him was when he was asked to come to Jungkook to give statement regarding Ms. Joee, which he gladly provided. We just had eye contact from far away. He smiled when he looked at me and it made my heart clench. I knew this was turning into something more than mere attraction and the thought itself was enough for me to keep going without any hesitation.

When the D-day came, the whole building had a kind of buzz. Everyone knew something was going on, but not exactly what that something was about. The moment I entered the building, I knew that it would be one heck of a day. Things were going to be bad, in fact very bad. There were people who were going to get fired, legal stuff to deal with, poor excuses to hear and most importantly my anger to deal with. I knew that I was never good with anger management from a very young age and I totally blame it on my upbringing for that.

My phone vibrated in my pocket when I was in the elevator with Ms. Yeri who worked for Jungkook.

“Oppa!! We are at your office ^^”

Was what it read. I checked the ID to find it was from Rosé. What was she doing here? Shouldn’t she be at her school? I just turned off the phone and walked straight to my office to find my three princesses talking to each other.

“Oppa!” All three of them shouted the moment they looked at me and that obviously made me smile.

“Hey there!” They hugged me which I returned whole heartedly.

“We looked through the files which Jungkook oppa sent, and I must say oppa, I am sad that you didn’t look into this before.” Jennie said with a frown.

“Hmm, I was actually shocked that you didn’t notice things like this, oppa.” Lisa added.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter