Chapter 2

The Contact Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura pov. 

After our 'wedding ceremony' I entered my husband's room.

The room I enter is his room, 'our' room felt like I was in a black and white film.

I felt like I've entered the era of nineteenth century, the room was very spacious and opulent with walls painted pearl grey, the black laminated floor over which laid a medium sized grey feathery carpet at the centre Huge king sized bed covered with black bed sheets near the window at the other end of the room which had grey curtains with grey on black beside the tables at the each side of the bed.

People say that one can get the idea about a person by looking at their room.

Looking at this I realize that I married a guy with black and white personality, I let out a heavy sigh.

Also the room was totally perfect neat and clean with everything placed perfectly well arranged as the rumors has it Mr. Perfectionist, Totally opposite of me. 

What have I gotten myself into? I stared at my husband and 

Sighed again. 

After an awkward silence there was a knock on the door since he didn't bother to move from his place, I opened the door 'sorry to intrude' my mother in law greeted me with a smile.

"Mrs. Lee?"

I looked at her puzzle. 

"Oh call me mom dear, all this while I was letting you off but from now on call me mother, dear."

She entered the room. 

"Now you're Mrs. Lee too."

She winked at me. 

"Yes...M-mom..."

I replied blushing. 

"Sorry to intrude, I'll just take a minute."

She walked up to the closet with white door and opened up

Chaeyeon to the walking closet and called me in.

It was huge and just like the room, the walls were painted pearl grey at the end there was a mirror hung up on the wall below which was a white two rowed drawer with two boxes in each.

The first column's upper drawer contained branded watches and the lower one had his tie at the side wall, numerous shirts were lined up at the upper row and pants were on the second ones, below which had a long wooden shoe rack with branded shoe, a at the other side was another roe which hung branded suits.

Even his clothes are black, white, grey his life has no colors at all.

The opposite wall hung the pretty clothes that mom and I shopped before the wedding along with some extra clothes which were very very pretty that time she told me that she wanted my help to select dresses for her niece who lived overseas and I tried those clothes as her size matched mine I blinked at her, seeing my shocked reaction she replied.

"These are for you I always wanted to shop dresses for my daughter but unfortunately I only have an arrogant Son."

She gave me a look to her Son and continued.

"But now I have a daughter, yeah" 

She exclaimed. 

Aww she was just like a kid whose wish had been granted My mother in law is actually quite cute, I smiled to myself and hugged her.

"Thank you, Mom."

"So mom,you've had your way with everything and now that you have your favourite toy to play with."

He looked at me briefly then back at his mother.

"I hope you'll stop playing with my life"

There he goes running his arrogant mouth, I just want to punch him right now ruining such a cute moment, Urgh!! I rolled my eyes.

"Aww Son, don't be jealous don't worry you'll always be my number one."

She shined a bright smile at her Son to which he just rolled his eyes. 

Wow! she just good too good. 

"Now if you're done with your chit chatting would you mind getting out of my room?" 

He glared at her. 

This guy just where the hell is his manners? How can someone talk to their mother like this? 

"Of course I don't mind I understand I'm interfering your wedding night, the candle don't worry Son, I'll go right away."

She winked at him. His eyes threw a death glare at her, Oh don't you worry about that...I rolled my eyes.

She hugged me wishing good night, kissing me on my cheeks and walked out of the room.

Left alone in the room, we both stared each other. I looked away first.

"That's your bed."

He said pulling out the grey semi-transparent curtains which revealed a medium sized bed.

"You can do whatever you want but just don't touch my things or mess with my room, I like my things as they are where they are, I don't like them being misplaced I want it exactly the way they are."

He instructed strictly. 

Does he think that I'm a five years old child, who would misplaced his things? Is he trying to pick a fight with me? But before that I need to change out of this outfit.

When I came out after changing into my normal clothes, my husband was already into his bed.

What's with the bed? His bed is so big and mine? It's not that the bed is super small enough space for me to roll on my bed he's rich and smart enough to buy a comfortable bed and it's not that I don't like it but still there he goes looking down on me again and making me feel inferior.

But right now I'm totally tried by the day's events I don't want to fight in the middle of the night, I prefer my sleep that fighting with this arrogant guy here.

After I slipped under my blanket the lights suddenly went off, I screamed loud.

"What's wrong?"

He asked turning on the lights.

"Umm, Can you please leave the light on? I can't sleep with the lights off."

I said weakly.

"And I can't sleep with the lights on."

He complained by his tone I could tell he was irritated but it's not like I'm doing this on propuse I fear the darkness.

"B-but...."

"Look just sleep okay, no one's going to eat you up in the dark alright I have a very important meeting tomorrow and don't wake me up again."

He said totally pissed and was about to turn the lights off, Now.

how insensitive this guy can be? Before I know it I snapped. 

"Look Mr. I know all you care is about your business and that's why we're here with a contract marriage, ever since I was a kid I'm scared of dark places so can't you be a little sensitive here?"

I glared at him. 

He glared at me, I glared back telling him I'm not backing out.

"Fine do whatever you want."

He said slipping his head under the blanket, good no one dares to mess with me when I'm angry, I thought feeling satisfied and fell asleep.

 

Chaeyeon pov. 

After I turned off the lights a loud scream filled the room.

What the hell? 

I immediately the lights and I see the source of the scream my wife.

"What's wrong?" 

I asked her. 

"Umm,can you please leave the light on? I can't sleep with the lights off."

She replied in a weak voice. 

Seriously?!

"and I can't sleep with the lights on."

I complained irritated.

That's why I hate this marriage concept why do I have to adjust with a girl I don't care about? I Can't stand the girl who go screaming around over such a small thing.

I thought she was better than those girls. 

" B-but..."

"Look just sleep okay no one's going to eat you up in dark alright I have very important meeting tomorrow and don't wake me up again."

I said totally pissed. 

"Look Mr. I know all you care is about your business and that's why we're here with a contract marriage, Ever since I was a kid I'm scared of dark places so can't you be a little sensitive here?"

She snapped.

This little brat I glared at her, She glared back at me.

I sighed resignedly.

" Fine, do whatever you want."

I said slipping my head under the blanket. 

That was the first time someone talked to me like that except my mother of course, she sure knows how to get no my never.

But she really looked scared and I'm not that insensitive I don't want to waste my time arguing whole night just because of turning the lights on and off. I let her off tonight.

For fact two hours I've been tossing around the bed unable to sleep.

Urgh! I got up and looked at the girl who was sleeping peacefully sleeping while I haven't been able to sleep a wink.

Since she's already asleep I guess now I can turn off the light?.

I turned the lights off and went back to sleep. 

'scream' 

What the hell? Not again I the lights and looked at the time three am and I slept just two hours.

I looked at the direction of the sound and saw my wife crying and screaming in her sleep, I went towards her bed.

"Yah! Wake up Sakura??" 

I tried to wake her up. 

She grabs my hands still shouting in her sleep. 

"Yah! Sakura wake up.."

I shook her to wake her up.

"NO"

She screamed and finally opened her eyes, she looked around her and her eyes meet mine.

"I..."

She muttered her hands cold sweaty and shaking, she looked so vulnerable and weak.

"Shh, it's okay everything's okay."

I hugged her and caress her hair as she as she reseted her head against my chest after a minute she finally relaxes.

"You okay?"

I asked her concerned.

"Hmm..."

She nooded tightening her arms around me suddenly she jolted her head up and blinked at me.

"Sorry."

She released her hands flustered.

I walked back to my bed and from the side table filled the glass with water and offered her. 

"Thank you" 

She gave a weak smile, her hands were still shaking.

"Not always only when it's dark I get nightmares that's why I said I can't sleep with the lights off."

She said wiping her tears. 

"OK then I'll leave the lights on sleep well."

I answered feeling guilty about tuning off the light, she could have just told me earlier I thought she was only unable to fall asleep because of the dark.

As I turned back she grabbed my hand I looked at her raising my brows.

"Yes?"

She immediately let go of my hand. 

"Sorry I know you have a important meeting tomorrow sorry for disturbing your sleep. Goodnight."

I stared at her for a moment she was still scared her nervous eyes looking right and left, Ah I guess I don't have a choice I was the one who invited trouble I face palm myself.

"Actually you've already disturbed my sleep and I don't think I'll get any sleep right now and I think it's the same for you?"

 

 

Sakura pov. 

The same dream but I don't remember it's content I tried to calm down but I'm too scared to go back to sleep, I want him to stay for a while but I can't ask him to. He already mad at me.

"Actually you've already disturbed my sleep and I don't think I'll get any sleep right now and I think it's the same for you? So as we have nothing to do we can talk a bit."

He sat at the side of the bed is he trying to comfort me 'hmm..so he's not that bad? I mutter. 

"Say something?"

"Nothing!" 

I replied hastily, we agreed to have a talk but about what? A moment of awkward silence! 

"So why did you enter this contract marriage?" 

He asked. 

I stared at him for a moment and spoke. 

"Well I couldn't say no to my dad. I love my dad he's the only family I have, I didn't want to disappoint him."

I look downed down at my hands which were drawing a circle on the blanket.

"Just because you didn't want to disappoint your dad, huh! I thought you were smart enough to avoid this you're not that smart I see."

He clicked his tongue. 

What? He's calling me a fool? Just when I thought he was being nice Mr. Jerk is back.

"So do you mean that you're smart to marry me just because of business a contract??"

I rolled my eyes.

 

Chaeyeon pov. 

Excuse me? She thinks that I'll marry anyone who would benefit my business?? I did everything possible to avoid this marriage offered her a contract marriage and also insulted her whenever got the chance but this foolish girl willingly entered this contract marriage and she now dares to puts the blame on me?

"Look I didn't marry you just because of the business proposal I'm not that stupid to allow a girl enter my life just because I want to expand my business, My mom and dad wanted me to marry you when I protested they threatened me that they wouldn't leave the company in my hands."

I told her trying not to raise my voice.

"But I thought you're the owner?"

She asked tilting her head to the side.

"Yes, but few years ago I merged my company business together with my father's at that time I didn't think a day like this would come and due to this now he's the chairman the most powerful ruling the board of directors and he can throw me out whenever he wants."

I explained it to her. 

"But why would they go to that extent to get you married to me?"

She said thinking deeply placing her hand under her chin.

"You don't know my parents yet especially my mom.she gets what she wants by hook or by crook! how could she let such an opportunity go? Having you as her daughter in law is her biggest dream come true!"

I replied rolling my eyes. 

"I don't believe you She's so sweet and innocent and why me? I never met her before so I don't know what you're talking about there's no way that she would force you to Marry me stop blaming your mother for your deeds. Okay! Just agree that you marry me for your own convenience."

She suddenly burst out.

This girl I can't believe how she immediately changes her expression like that a moment ago she was thinking deeply looking innocent and adorable like a child and the next moment she brusts like a bomb! BOOM! And what? She says she doesn't know my mother! Seriously??

Oh yes, this idiot doesn't remember anything before she was 12,that's why she doesn't remember any of us.

"Blame your memory for not remembering anything about us and think whatever you want I don't care."

I tried to get up and leave. 

"Oh! Did we know each other? Did we meet before?"

Asking innocently she cocked her head to the side.

Idiot! Saying she doesn't remember me when she was the one who used to hold on to me crying out not to leave.

"But if it's as you say, won't be a problem if they found out about our contract marriage??"

Jumping on to another question suddenly there was a look of concern in her face, and I sighed.

"Who would tell them about it? Well just pretend to be a happily married couple in front of them and before they find anything I'll already have the upper hand and after the contract is over they can't do anything about it."

I told her the conclusion of my plan.

" Ahh.." 

She nodded.

" And what about you won't your dad be 'disappointed' after a year?"

I asked her sarcastically. 

She Just shrugged her shoulders, she yawned and stretched her arms.

" Ah! I'm so sleepy."

She said rubbing her eyes.

"Good night"

She adds looking at me and slipped under her blanket.

Eh? I blinked standing by the bed side.

"Ah yes, good night."

I replied looking at my watch, oh it's already five. As I went back to my bed, I remembered I can't get any sleep of course 'The lights'.

On the other hand his own wife was planning something.

"Well Mr. Arrogant worrying about my dad are you? You should worry about yourself because you really don't know what will happen after a year, do you? You'll be on your knees begging me not to go."

Hehe...she smiled evilly. 

I felt the glare of the sun directly on my face.

"Hmm..."

I covered my face with a pillow.

'knock, knock' 

"Hmm.."

I rolled on my bed and 'dang'.

"Ouch" 

I lazily pulled myself up and sat on the floor, rubbing my eyes I slowly open one eye and assessed the unfamiliar room. 

Hmm,this isn't my room, where am I? Now my both eyes open they wondered around the room.

Suddenly the whole wedding events flashes on my mind. 

Ugh! So it's wasn't just nightmare huh! I'm actually married? Mrs. Sakura Lee. I sighed slumping my shoulders. 

'knock knock' 

I got up from the floor and looked at the empty King size bed then the couch the bathroom, huh? He's nowhere!

I looked at the black clock hanging on the grey wall it's already eleven am.

"Ah! His meeting."

I nodded remembering last night. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter