Chapter 1

The Contact Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura pov. 

At the corner of my bed there sits my best friend with a card in her hand.

Honda Hitomi , my best friend, childhood friend, the only person in this whole world who understands me.

She's been with me for eleven years now. 

I, Miyawaki Sakura daughter of Siwon Miyawaki a billionaire.

My dad who never bothered to spend some time with me because of his business.

My mom Yoona Miyawaki died when I was very young, I have very few memories of her and now I remember her face only through pictures.

Ever since my mom died, my dad is rarely at home, our home is more like a guest house for him, which he rarely visits.

And Now is my best friend's hand rests a card, my engagement card, she runs her hands through her black straight hair which reaches up to her shoulders, focusing her amber coloured eyes on the card as she reads it a loud.

I'm getting engaged to this guy called Lee Chaeyeon. He's is dad's best friend and to be business partner, Lee dong wook's son.

The Lee family is also one of the richest families in the county just like ours. 

My marriage is a part of deal between our companies. 

I've just meet him once at our company's anniversary party.

I don't really prefer to go to parties as it's a way to expand your business circle and I really get bored there, where I have to stand in a corner faking a smile, but only these parties give me a opportunity to meet my Father once in a while.

Yeah or else he's such a busy person who doesn't even have time to look at his daughter because my dad has always been cold to me I always try to be a good girl following his commands whatever he wanted.

However he wanted completing my education in the field he decided working in his company other than these things we never really had a conversation and here I am getting engaged to a person who probably won't have time to look at his wife.

Why? 

Because my father wants me to get married to him and my best friend here is just teasing me about the same.

I stand in front of the mirror and a pair hazel eyes stares back at me, I try on the dresses from my wardrobe as I am going to meet my would be husband for the first time after being declared that we're getting married and tomorrow is our engagement so I wanted to meet him once before we get engaged just so that I can know him a little.

It's not like I'll get to know him better in just a day but still something is better than nothing.

 

[The First Official Meeting]

I reach the restaurant where we decided to meet and there sits my fiancé right as Ross the table with a grumpy face as expected he's very punctual and of course he's mad at me for reaching two minutes late?

"I'm sorry" 

I utter and take my seat.

Lee Chaeyeon, the tall, fair and handsome guy whose face is on the cover of magazine which on the table between us, he's famous for his looks and as the youngesr businessman who has achieved the status and power in the society on his own at such a younger age that's one of the reasons why my dad is pretty impressed with him and after this contract, the two companies would rule the business market in whole Asia.

He has pulled his blonde hair back showing his forehead wearing that expensive branded black suit with a white shirt that contrasts with his black tie, foucing his black eyes on his iPad reading the news on stock market emitting the aura of a typical businessman but still managing to be breathtakingly handsome.

Well according to him time is money and he doesn't want to waste his precious time doing nothing (my bad just ended up wasting his two minutes by being late) He hasn't even spared me a glance since I reached here.

After a long silence he finally looks up, catching me looking at him.

I shyly look away and put the lack of black hair behind my ears hoping that I was looking good and my hair and makeup is okay, well I'm a girl sitting right in front of my fiancé.

He puts a file on the table, sliding it towards me.

"Hmm?" 

I look at him with a puzzled expression. 

He nods at me without speaking a word again goes back to utilize his time focusing on the iPad.

I open the file and read it a contract. 

Contract? I think he just handed me a wrong file.

I look at him but the guy wasn't even looking at me. 

I continued reading the so called contract. 

 

The Contact,

This is between Mr. Lee Chaeyeon and Ms. Miyawaki Sakura. The terms of the contract are as follows:

-No unwanted physical contact

-Do not interfere in each other's private life. 

-................. 

.........

.... Blah blah blah and blah.

- only pretend husband and wife. 

Appear when needed. 

-The marriage between Miyawaki Sakura and Lee Chaeyeon is only for a year. 

-Falling in love is prohibited. 

I, Lee Chaeyeon have read the above content of this contract and I'm willing entering this contract and will abide by the terms of this contract. 

I, Miyawaki Sakura have read the above content of this contract and I am willing entering this contract and I abide by the terms of the contract. 

 

​​​​​​Signature                                   Signature 

Lee Chaeyeon                        Miyawaki Sakura​​​​​​

"What?" 

I blink in confusion and read it again but no I didn't get the wrong. What the hell is this?.

"MARRIAGE FOR A YEAR?!"

I literally screamed.

Seems like this time my voice reached his ears and he finally looks at me.

"Yes, a contract marriage."

He nods.

"A CONTRACT MARRIAGE?"

I almost yelled at him, I was shocked and anger welled inside me. 

Here I was for a date with my fiancé and I had this whole date on my mind since the day we decided to meet. 

From nearly a week I had been waiting for this day, ignoring the fact that I had to literally take a appointment to meet my own fiancé like literally had to talk to his secretary for that.

I spent my days going on shopping for the dresses I would wear for this 'special' date, spending my nights thinking about what we would talk.

This whole time I had been waiting for him to at least look and compliment me and after a long silence this guy here hands me a file with a contract and the only thing he say in this whole date is "A CONTRACT MARRIAGE??!"

More than anger there was something else going in my heart.

I was...hurt?

He's, I was hurt by his step I didn't care about this whole marriage being a part of a deal as long as we could work it out.

From when I was little girl, I had everything like expensive toys, good food, good clothes but what I longed for was love and I thought I will get married to a guy whom I love and who loved me.

But when I realized it's not possible I tried to see my Prince in my fiancé.

I really thought that today we'll discuss about us, our likes and dislikes. 

I wanted to make best effort to understand him better, for me marriage is for a lifetime period with the one you love spending every day with that someone special, well at least for me it is.

But this guy here offers me what? A contact marriage? for just a year? After a long stare he casually continues.

"Yes, a contract marriage. Because more than 1 year I don't think you can stand me and I won't be able to tolerate you either."

He says scanning me from top to bottom. 

He rolls his shirt up and looks at his watch.

"Well looks like our time is up, Ms. Miyawaki. I have an important meeting to attend. Nice to meet you, you can give me your answer through my secretary."

He says as if he was here to complete a business meeting which was now completed and he walks away. 

WHAT THE HELL? 

I was there she'll shocked, unable to move. I was shocked to see his bluntness.

Tolerate? Ouch! That just hurt my pride now.

Okay he's handsome, rich and also the no. 1 bachelor every girl wants to date and marry but hey, I am also not so random girl. I am good, beautiful and smart and also the girl and guys is dying to date.

He doesn't have the right to look down on me like that!!. 

He doesn't have the right to look down on anyone!! That jerk! How dare he insult me like this?!.

 

 

~~~~

Hitomi's house.

"HOW DARE THAT GUY??!! THAT JERK!!"

I yelled sitting in the bed having a bucket full of chocolate chip ice-cream from Baskin Robbins.

I usually do this to relieve my stress and I'm so damn pissed right now.

"Sakura, you're going to blow my eardrums someday"

Says my best friend Hitomi sitting on the couch changing the changing the TV channels.

"Can you actually believe this Hitomi? This guy... He... Ugh"

I stuff a spoonful of ice-crean in my mouth.

Hitomi suddenly puts on the channel in which that jerk's interview is going on. 

That jerk was just insulting the reporter making fun of him.

That poor reporter's face was red due to embarrassment and he was giving him, his 'I'm so perfect' look.

My blood boiled with anger. 

"This....this jerk what the hell does he think of himself? Just because he has money and good face, he has the right to insult the whole world??"

I scream as I stand up on the bed and point the spoon in my hand towards the TV screen.

"Sakura he has lots of money...like lots and a very handsome face."

My best friend teased me.

"Oh please, nothing gives him the right to insult the reporter in front of the camera, in front of the whole world just because the reporter called him the Second richest businessman of Asia"

I roll my eyes. 

Yes guys, this is how money obsessed and self centered bastard he is.

"And dear, you're going to marry this hot and the richest guy of the Asia. Lucky you!" 

She winks at me. 

"Hitomi!! You're not listening to me are you? Because if you did you would know that I'm so not getting married to this jerk. I mean look at this, A contract! Hitomi ! A contract! I don't think we call it a marriage, Humph!!"

I twisted my face handing her the contract papers. 

" That guy, he doesn't know how to talk to a girl during the whole date let alone smile at her. Oh wait, I've really never seen him smile... Does he even know how to smile? Hmmm...."

I thought seriously, trying to remember if he did?

"Nope he doesn't."

I conclude after a minute of thinking.

I looked at the contract papers which read. 

FALLING IN LOVE IS PROHIBITED. 

That guys where does he get all this over-confidence from? I wonder.

"Oh no babe! You're so going to get married to this guy."

She said teasingly. 

"Wait you traitor! You're my best friend or his?" 

I asked pointing my finger towards her.

"Obviously your dear, but you know I'm just stating the fact here."

She teases me further.

"Oh no! Miss intelligent! I'm going to call my dad right away and will cancel this stupid marriage."

I take my phone out from my bag and just when I was about to call him, my screen flashes Dad calling...

Wow just perfect. I smiled widely.

"Did you meet him?" 

He asked. 

"Umm yes dad" 

I answer now gone the cheerful voice replaced by a dull one.

"you're getting engaged tomorrow and you're marriage has been fixed a week from now. You're mother in law is going to contact you for your wedding shopping. Go with her and get whatever you need to."

"Yeah" 

"Make sure you behave well"

"Okay" 

I say in a sad tone, my voice barely audible. Saying that he cuts the call and I stare at the blank screen of my phone.

"So you're getting married?" 

Hitomi sighs.

"Yeah" 

I reply in a monotonous tone.

"See I told you, Sakura. So when do I get to be your bridesmaid? Umm?" 

She then clapped her hands faking her happiness.

"Are you enjoying this, my situation right now?" 

I question her with a sad face.

"Of course...."

She replied to which my face drop.

"Not" 

She adds.

"Okay fine, joke apart, so tell me should I go and beat some sense into your stupid fiancé who offer you a contract marriage or should I go and beat up your dad for not listening to you? And of course you you're not getting married to this guy! It's a Big NO! "

She hugs me patting my back.

Now, there speaks my best friend! This is the Hitomi I know. 

"It's okay, Hitomi."

I smile at her. 

"It's not okay, why can't you say no to your dad? It's always been like this whatever he tell you, you follow him blindly. For God's sake Sakura it's about your marriage! You need to decide it for yourself and that ering you a contract marriage, you should throw that on his face! "

She shouts in anger. 

Well it's always been like this, when it comes to my dad, I can't do anything except for keeping quiet and go al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter