Chapter 6

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

Eunwoo and Rocky were on the last leg of their missions, staying in the U.K. with Donghun and his pack before finally going home. "What really brings you two here hm?" Asked Donghun as Eunwoo helped him make dinner. "Well," said Eunwoo. "We picked up a human," he said. "Oh?" Asked Donghun. "Rocky and I found our mates in her, and I think it's time she met Luna," said Eunwoo. "From what I've heard from 'Bin and the others she's doing fine, but," he said, sighing.

"You think having another human in her life would do her well?" Asked Donghun. Eunwoo nodded. "She has Yoonbin, but he never talks in her presence," he said. "And since Luna was in a blood den before they could bond," he said. "Hm," said Donghun. "I'll talk to Luna about it," he said. "Okay, cool," said Eunwoo as he nodded.

Rocky had come in just before dinner was served, quickly hiding a hopeful look as Eunwoo gave him a look. Nothing had happened yet but Rocky was still hopeful. "I'll talk to Luna okay?" Asked Donghun as he chuckled slightly. "Sure," said Rocky as he scratched the back of his head. Donghun chuckled slightly before turning back to the stove to check on dinner. "Dinner," he called, causing everyone to rush into the kitchen to grab dinner.

"How's missions been for you guys?" Eunwoo asked Kwangsuk as they sat in the livingroom to eat dinner. "It's been alright," said Kwangsuk as he shrugged, taking a bite of food. "We've had no issues transitioning to being vampire hunters after the formation of the Treasure Box faction," he said. "That's good," said Eunwoo.

"From what I understand the Treasure Box faction was a unification between the vampire hunters and werewolf hunters right?" Asked Rocky. "It would seem so," said Hansol. "We find ourselves working with werewolf hunters from time to time, as they help us we do the same to help them," he said.

"I see Jason didn't stay with your pack," said Eunwoo. "His reasoning was that since Kwangsuk, Hansol and Kijoong joined he was no longer needed to stay in the pack," said Donghun. "Ah, the only reason he stayed with your pack was because there was no vampire hunters?" Asked Eunwoo. Donghun nodded. "Makes sense," said Rocky. "With werewolves, to keep their packs from being slaughtered by werewolf hunters they have to have a vampire hunter in the pack," he said. "Right," said Eunwoo.

 

~



Luna agreed to head to Berlin with them, taking Chan with her since Chan wanted to go see Jinwoo. They took the train back to Berlin, Eunwoo and Rocky finally able to relax. They had forced down the feeling of longing to focus on the hunts, so they wouldn't become sloppy.

"How long has it been since you guys were home?" Asked Chan. "A year," said Eunwoo. "Jesus," said Chan. "We've gotten used to being away from home for more than a few months at a time," said Rocky. "But now that we found our mate it makes it slightly harder," he said. "It ," said Chan. "I know the feeling too, since I can't just go see Jinwoo," he said, pouting, earning chuckles from Eunwoo and Rocky.

"What is she like?" Asked Luna. "Well, Dami knows almost no English," said Eunwoo. "But apparently the others have been teaching her, when we last checked on her anyway," he added. "So who knows, she might be able to talk to you now," he said. "When did you last check on everyone?" Asked Chan. "Just before we landed in the UK," said Eunwoo. "A few weeks ago then," said Chan. "I guess," said Rocky.

When they reached Berlin there was a welcome party, consisting of Dami and Sanggyun. "Hey, welcome back!" Said Sanggyun as Eunwoo, Rocky, Chan and Luna stepped off the train and onto the platform. "It's good to be back," said Eunwoo as he smiled slightly, spotting Dami. "It's been too long!" Said Dami as she tackled Eunwoo, who quickly wrapped his arms around her. "Hey," Eunwoo said softly. "Luckily we have a break," he said. "How long is this break?" Asked Dami as she moved away, turning to Rocky who had walked over. "A few months at least," said Rocky. "Good," said Dami, earning chuckles from everyone.

"What brings you along Chan, Luna?" Asked Sanggyun. "I haven't seen Jinwoo in a while and Luna wanted to meet Dami," said Chan. "Ah, that's right!" Said Eunwoo. "Dami, this is Luna, Luna, this is Dami," he said, introducing the two. "Hello," said Luna. "H-Hi," said Dami, managing a smile. "Let's head to the coffee shop then?" Asked Sanggyun. "Everyone's been waiting on your return," he said. "Yeah, let's go," said Eunwoo. Everyone headed to the coffee shop after making sure everyone had their things, with Luna making small talk with Dami, the two quickly becoming friends.

"Welcome back guys," said Moonbin as everyone entered the coffee shop. "Hey," said Eunwoo. Rocky waved. "I see you brought along Chan and Luna," said Moonbin. "Chan wanted to see Jinwoo, and Luna wanted to meet Dami," said Eunwoo. "Ah, a bit late," said Moonbin as he scratched the back of his head. "Jinwoo left a couple days ago with Jinhwan," he said. "Aw," said Chan.

"Any news?" Asked Eunwoo. "Hanbin left," said Moonbin. "What?" Asked Rocky. "His anger was getting out of control," said Moonbin. "So he left on his own," he said. "I see," said Eunwoo. "Just be careful around the other werewolves, they weren't too happy with the decision but what could they do?" Asked Moonbin. "Nothing really," agreed Rocky as he shook his head.

"Anyway," said Eunwoo as he walked up to the counter. "The usual please," he said, handing over the money. "Just before closing time too," Moonbin said with a shake of his head as he processed the order and handed back the change. "Can you blame us?" Asked Eunwoo as he chuckled slightly, going to sit down with the others, Luna and Dami getting a table for themselves as they talked.

"Dami's taking a liking to Luna," said Moonbin as he came over with Eunwoo, Rocky and Chan's drinks. "How has she been?" Asked Eunwoo as he leaned forward, resting his chin in his hand as he leaned on his elbow. "Just fine," said Moonbin. "Yoonbin has been trying to find the courage to talk to her, but I think it's more of a "I may have a crush on you" kind of thing," he said with a snicker. "Humans," Rocky said with a snort, as Eunwoo chuckled. "Well, it's a human thing," said Eunwoo.

"How long are you two staying around?" Moonbin asked Chan. "Until Luna thinks Dami's okay," said Chan. "Says she needs another female person in her life," he said. "Well, we are a pack of male 'shifters and werewolves," said Rocky. "It'd make sense," he said.

"How long do you think Jinwoo's going to be gone?" Asked Chan. "Won't be for too long, a couple months maybe," said Moonbin. "Okay cool," said Chan.

 

~



It was different for Eunwoo and Rocky, to be home without the constant presence of Hanbin. It was simply too quiet, too... Empty. Hanbin had been a constant presence in the pack house, to see him gone was something else. They could only guess how Bobby was feeling, the two of them were close as friends and packmates.

"The werewolves are being quiet," said Dami as she lay between Eunwoo and Rocky, watching a movie with them. "Mm," said Eunwoo. "Give them some time," said Rocky. "With Jinhwan gone everyone is on edge but Chanwoo and Yunhyeong are keeping things together," he said. "I guess," said Dami.