Chapter 10

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

Rocky had made an effort to become more friendly towards the others after Dami had a talk with him, and everyone appreciated it. The only thing left to do really was to meet Wooseok, and hopefully things would go well. Dami was nervous, as she didn't know Wooseok at all but she hoped he would be okay with her. Rocky knew Wooseok from before thanks to his older brother being best friends with Wooseok but he didn't have much to go on. Things had certainly changed since the world wars and who knows what would happen.

The day the meeting would happen the three of them were excused from work for the day, as Wooseok said he would be coming with his betas. Moonbin would be there supervising of course, since he didn't trust Wooseok at all but he was giving Eunwoo, Rocky and Dami a day off.

Eunwoo, Rocky and Dami walked into the coffee shop on a day where Moonbin manned the counter with Chunji and Jeongwoo making drinks while Ricky and Renjun delivered drinks. "Hey you three," said Moonbin. "Chanwoo visiting Donghan?" Asked Eunwoo. "For a couple days," said Moonbin. "Nice nice," said Eunwoo.

"They still haven't come to get Renjun yet?" Asked Rocky as he noticed Renjun. "No, not yet," said Moonbin. "What's it been, a year and a half?" Asked Eunwoo as he blinked. "Around that time," said Moonbin. "They send updates every couple weeks so they haven't forgotten about him yet," he said. "Last I heard Felix and Seungmin were on their way back so they should be coming for him," he said. "Ah, that's good," said Eunwoo.

"Anyway," he said, walking up to the counter. "The usual please," he said, going to pay for it. Moonbin rung up the order and handed back the change, nodding. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Eunwoo nodded and went to sit down with Rocky and Dami.

"Jeongin and Hohyeon are home, but they want another team to be there before I can go back," said Renjun as he walked over with their coffee. "Why is that?" Asked Eunwoo as he looked at Renjun. "The wolf council has started to become more aggressive towards Chan and his pack and the best they can do right now is keep me out of it," he said. "I see," said Eunwoo.

"What the hell do they want with Chan and his pack?" Asked Rocky. "Their success mostly," Renjun said, sighing. "Sungjin had to pull out of the council's hold and with Dojoon's backing they left him alone," he said. "There's so many restrictions," he said. "Should bring this up to Mashiho," said Eunwoo. "Maybe he can do something," he said. "I keep telling Chan to do that but," Renjun said, scratching the back of his head. "He doesn't want to involve the vampire hunting association," he said. "I think he might have to," said Rocky. "If only it'll get the council off their backs," he said. Renjun nodded.

 

~



The door chimed and in walked Wooseok with his betas trailing behind him, an air of superiority surrounded the three of them causing all the 'shifters to tense up as they eyed the newcomers. "You think they'd be anymore cocky," Jeongwoo grumbled under his breath, earning a slap across the back of his head from Chunji. "Behave," said Chunji as Jeongwoo rubbed the back of his head in a sheepish manner.

"Could you be any more obvious?" Asked Moonbin as he turned his attention to Wooseok and company. "Sorry," said Wooseok as he shrugged, walking up to the counter. "What can I get you?" Asked Moonbin as he studied the two 'shifters standing behind Wooseok. "Ah, the usual," said Wooseok as he handed over the cash. Moonbin rung up the order, handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, nodding towards Eunwoo, Rocky, and Dami's table. Wooseok nodded and turned, spotting Eunwoo studying him with a tilt of his head. He then walked over to the table and sat down, his two betas choosing to sit at a nearby table.

"It's been a long time Minhyuk," said Wooseok as he turned his attention to Rocky. "It has," said Rocky as he nodded. "Hello Eunwoo," said Wooseok. "Hello Wooseok," said Eunwoo.

"So who is this?" Asked Wooseok as he turned to Dami. "Ah, this is Dami," said Eunwoo. "I wanted to introduce you to her properly, as my mate," he said. Wooseok blinked, studying Dami. "I see," he said. Dami looked down at the table, suddenly shy. Wooseok chuckled slightly. "No need to be shy," he said. "We're all friends here," he said, grinning. "O-Of course," said Dami, not used to Wooseok's friendly nature as she looked at Wooseok, managing a small smile in return. "There's that friendly smile," said Wooseok as he chuckled some.

Wooseok got to know Dami and vice versa, asking her all sorts of questions even if she couldn't exactly answer everything. He just wanted to get to know her, and Dami was reminded of when Sanggyun and Chunji talked to her for the first time. They had also wanted to get to know her, make her more comfortable around them. This went on for an hour straight before being interrupted by Wooseok's phone going off. Wooseok glanced at it before answering the text, leaving the phone on the table.

"Who was it?" Asked Eunwoo. "Ah, just the others wondering where I was," said Wooseok. "I told them I was out with Kogyeol and Xiao but," he said, shrugging. "Didn't believe you huh?" Eunwoo asked with a chuckle. "No," Wooseok said, laughing some as he leaned back in his chair and drank some coffee.

"Well?" Asked Eunwoo. "I approve," said Wooseok as he shrugged, placing the cup back on the table. "If only Jinhyuk was here huh?" He asked, turning to Rocky. "I think he'd like to get to know Dami," he said. "Y-Yeah," mumbled Rocky. Dami shifted uncomfortably in her chair as the awkward silence commenced.

"Well," said Wooseok as he stood, brushing off his pants before grabbing his phone and putting it in his pocket. "I should get going then, before they send the cavalry," he said. "It was nice getting to know you," he said, nodding to Dami. "Same to you," said Dami, looking shy again.

"I'll see you around then," said Wooseok. "See you," said Eunwoo. Rocky and Dami nodded as Wooseok turned and walked over to his packmates and said something to them before leaving with them.

"That went better than expected," Eunwoo said suddenly, earning chuckles from everyone. "Well, I'm sure he would've approved of me regardless," said Dami. "Ah, that's true," said Eunwoo. "But it's whatever right?" He asked. "Mm," said Rocky.