Chapter 3

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

It was funny, to the others, to watch Eunwoo and Rocky interact with the newest addition to the pack. The ones who were mated only really understood, everyone understanding the need to constantly be near their mate. Eunwoo requested some time away from everything, to keep a close eye on Dami while Rocky was stuck doing missions again. Two weeks, that was all Yixing was giving and that was the minimal amount. Moonbin wouldn't allow much longer despite the fact that he did understand that Dami needed to get herself together before attempting to do anything normal, human wise at least.

"Where did he go?" Asked Dami. "Who?" Asked Eunwoo as he drove with her to get groceries. "Your roommate, Rocky?" Asked Dami. "Ah, he had some stuff to take care of," said Eunwoo. "He does a lot of work out of the country so," he said, shrugging. "Oh, okay," said Dami as she looked out the passenger window.

"How have you been by the way? I never got to ask before," he said. "I could be better," said Dami. "I know that I will have to work eventually but," she said, shrugging. "We still got another week to go before you're due to start working," said Eunwoo. "Where did you say I'd start working at again?" Asked Dami. "Well," said Eunwoo. "There's a coffee shop run by Moonbin and Chanwoo, you'll be working there," he said. "Don't worry, all of us do, from time to time," he said. "So you'll be working with familiar faces," he said. "Very rarely do we have some of the other workers work with just them and either Chanwoo or Moonbin," he said.

"What will I be doing?" Asked Dami. "Moonbin will probably have you making drinks with someone," said Eunwoo. "Some of our other workers come in when noone else is available, and right now that's Yoonbin, Jeongwoo and Ricky," he said. "Mostly everyone is doing work outside the country right now, so that's why the house seems so empty," he said. "I see," said Dami.

"If you do end up working with some of our other roommates just be careful," said Eunwoo. "It's pretty obvious why when you see them but," he said, shrugging. "Okay," said Dami.

Grocery shopping was a breeze, with Dami keeping her hands on the shopping cart as a way of protection while Eunwoo got what they needed. "I know you need the shopping cart but you're fine in my care," said Eunwoo as he walked down the next aisle looking for what he needed. "Nothing will happen on my watch, I guarantee it," he said. "How can you be so sure?" Asked Dami. "I'm more powerful than you think," said Eunwoo as he turned to Dami, moving to put the item into the cart.

"I know," said Dami. "I mean you have to be to have that scar right?" She asked. "But judging from your work as a doctor you're not in trouble with the law," she said. "No," said Eunwoo as he turned back to the shelf he was looking at. "Is Rocky in trouble with the law?" Asked Dami. Eunwoo snorts. "No," he said, laughing slightly. "He's too good to be in trouble with the law, it's just our jobs that have us gone all the time," he said. "I see," said Dami.

They continued shopping, with Dami being silent for the rest of the time. It was uneventful, with Eunwoo keeping an eye on everyone. They headed home after Eunwoo packed everything into the trunk of the jeep.

 

~



The week passed by fairly quickly and the next Monday morning Eunwoo walked into the coffee shop with Dami. "Jinhwan," said Eunwoo. "Work today?" Asked Jinhwan. "Unfortunately," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "'Bin and Chanwoo were called out so I'm taking over today," said Jinhwan.

"Who else is working today?" Asked Eunwoo. "Ricky and Yoonbin," said Jinhwan. "They haven't come in yet but," he said, shrugging. "She'll be making drinks with Ricky," he said. "Alright, take it easy on her alright?" Asked Eunwoo. "I won't be in for the next few days," he said. "Influx of patients again?" Asked Jinhwan. "Unfortunately, but I should be back here soon enough," said Eunwoo.

Dami watched the exchange in silence, waiting for Eunwoo to finish his talk. "Ah," said Eunwoo as he turned to Dami. "I'm off to work now," he said. "Behave around Jinhwan alright?" He asked. "I won't be around the next couple days, work at the hospital and such," he said. Dami nodded. "I will," she said.

"I'll be off then," called Eunwoo before he left. Dami turned to Jinhwan, the first thing she noticed was the scars on his face. "Go get an apron, when Ricky and Yoonbin get in I'll have Yoonbin switch with Ricky and he'll teach you how to make drinks," said Jinhwan. "Okay," said Dami as she went to do so.

When Yoonbin and Ricky came in Jinhwan switched them both and Dami worked with Ricky for the day as Ricky taught her how to make some of the simple drinks. Jinhwan was surprisingly patient with Dami, waiting until she was good on orders before taking anymore orders. Ricky helped when Dami was stuck and Yoonbin just delivered orders without complaint.

After work Jinhwan had everyone close down the shop for the day, making sure Dami was okay with doing some of the stuff to close down the shop. "Come back tomorrow, same time," said Jinhwan after he locked the door. "Alright," said Ricky. Yoonbin nodded. "Need a ride home?" Asked Jinhwan. "We'll be fine," said Ricky before he walked off with Yoonbin.

"Want to get dinner?" Asked Jinhwan as he turned to Dami. "Are we the only ones home?" Asked Dami. "For now," said Jinhwan as he scratched the back of his head. "Dongmin- He's at the hospital," said Dami. "Yes," said Jinhwan. "Okay," said Dami. Jinhwan went to the jeep and Dami sat in the passenger seat while Jinhwan drove to get dinner for them both.

After dinner they headed home, with Dami feeling more apprehensive than ever. This would be her first night without either Eunwoo or Rocky and frankly, it scared her. Jinhwan had assured her that she would be fine, and if she needed to be in a room with someone, his room was open. They had recently bought two king sized beds and pushed them together into the middle of Eunwoo and Rocky's room so that the three of them would have room to sleep. Dami wasn't too keen on being alone, but she would try for the first few hours.

"I'm just across the hall okay?" Asked Jinhwan as they approached their rooms. Dami nodded. "Thank you Jinhwan," she murmured. "Jay, you can call me Jay," said Jinhwan before he went into his room. Dami stood there for a minute, unsure of what to do before she headed into her room to get some sleep.