Chapter 4

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

Dami and Jinhwan had a sort of sibling type of relationship going by the time the other members of the pack returned from their missions and other things. Eunwoo was glad that Jinhwan had become so easy going around a human. Eunwoo and Jinhwan weren't on the best of terms but Eunwoo did respect Jinhwan for keeping Dami company while he and Rocky were busy.

Dami and Yoonbin were quite awkward around each other, with Yoonbin never speaking in her presence and Dami just not used to the silence after being in a pack with Sanha, who was one of the loudest members. Jeongwoo, Sanggyun, Ricky and Chunji were more understanding, and whenever Chunji and Sanggyun visited they always spoke to Dami at great lengths, trying to make sure that she was comfortable around them.

"'Bin," said Eunwoo. "When are we going to Grunewald again?" He asked. "I don't know," said Moonbin. "I think everyone's back so we'll go tomorrow," he said. "Why?" He asked. "I think it's time Dami knew about us," said Eunwoo. "She is aware that vampires exist but she doesn't know about us being more than human," he said. "I see," said Moonbin.

"We'll go tomorrow," said Moonbin. "I think everyone needs a break," he said. "Good luck then," he said. "Thank you," said Eunwoo.

 

~



"Okay everyone, we're going to Grunewald today," said Moonbin as he met everyone in the kitchen. "Now that we have staff that can take care of the coffee shop while we're gone, it'll stay open as a test to see how things go while we're not there," he said. "Get ready, we'll head out in half an hour," he said. Everyone but Eunwoo and Rocky rushed to get ready, with Dami looking lost as she stood in the kitchen with them.

"What are we doing in Grunewald?" Asked Dami. "It's a hike," said Eunwoo as he finished the rest of his coffee. "We do this hike every couple months, but it's up to you if you want to come with us or not," he said. "We'll just drop you off at the coffee shop on the way if you say no," he added. "Mm," said Dami. "Dress warm, I see that it might be a little cold today," said Rocky as he checked the temperature on his phone before going to get ready.

"I guess I'll go today," said Dami. Eunwoo smiled in relief. "Come on then, let's get ready," he said, heading to their room. Dami followed after him, going to get a change of clothes before going to change in the bathroom. Eunwoo and Rocky changed in their room and after everyone was off to the train station to head to Grunewald Forest.

When they got to Grunewald Sanggyun was standing on the platform with Chunji. "Hey guys," said Chunji. "Hello, you here for a hike too?" Asked Moonbin as everyone stepped onto the platform. "Yeah," said Chunji. "Joining us Sanggyun?" Asked Chanwoo. "No, not this time," said Sanggyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Alright then, let's go," said Moonbin. Everyone but Eunwoo, Rocky, Dami and Sanggyun headed off to the forest.

"Didn't want to join in on the fun wolf-dog?" Eunwoo asked in English. Sanggyun snorts, putting his hands in his pockets. "The whole pack was out there, except Ricky," he said in English. "I figured I'd let Chunji have his fun," he said. "Said you guys were coming out so I figured it was for one reason since the human's not at work today," he said. "Yeah," said Rocky. "I'll keep her company when she comes back," said Sanggyun as he sat down on a bench. "Alright," said Eunwoo.

Dami listened to the conversation in confusion, wishing she had taken the time to learn English more seriously as she wondered why they didn't go with the others. Howls erupted from the forest, causing Dami to jump in surprise as she turned towards the howls. "Don't worry," said Eunwoo as he returned to speaking German. "We won't go far," he said. "At least, far enough to run into the wolves," he said. "Okay," said Dami as she wrapped her arms around herself. "We'll see you in a bit then," said Eunwoo as he turned to Sanggyun. Sanggyun waved them off and Eunwoo and Rocky headed into the forest with Dami following after them.

Once they were far enough into the forest Eunwoo stopped, turning to Rocky. "It's time then," said Rocky. "Yep," said Eunwoo before they both turned to Dami. "What is it?" Asked Dami.

"Well," said Eunwoo. "We're not exactly... Human," he said. "What?" Asked Dami. "We're shapeshifters, foxes to be more exact," said Eunwoo. Dami's eyes widened. "That would explain the dreams," she said. Rocky blinked. "What kind of dreams?" He asked.

"All my dreams consist of now are foxes," said Dami. "I never knew why, but somehow I felt like it related to you two," she said. "I would have to see your animal forms to be sure," she said. "You believe us that easily?" Asked Eunwoo. "I mean, I was a part of a blood den," said Dami. "If vampires exist, then other supernatural creatures exist," she said. "Ah, that's true," said Eunwoo.

"Would you like to see our animal forms?" Asked Rocky. "If you want," said Dami. "I'll head to the train station, where Sanggyun is afterwards," she said. "We'll be over here," said Eunwoo as he gestured to some trees. Dami nodded and Eunwoo and Rocky went to change behind a tree.

When they both came out from behind the tree in their fox forms Dami gasped. "You are the foxes in my dreams," she breathed out, reaching out a hand towards them. Eunwoo was the first to walk over, bumping her hand with his head. Rocky walked over after seeing that Dami was fine in their presence. Dami reached out with her other hand and pet Rocky on the head.

Footsteps were heard and a wolf soon appeared, and Dami fell back in surprise, scooting away. "I guess I'll leave you to it," she said, still surprised by the sudden appearance. Eunwoo and Rocky went and nudged her, getting her to stand. "I'll be fine," said Dami. "Go, have fun," she said. The wolf bowed its head, and Dami finally recognized it by seeing three familiar scars on its face. "Jay?" Asked Dami. Jinhwan wagged his tail in response.

"I'll go then," said Dami. "Have fun," she said, heading back down the path towards the train station. Jinhwan trailed behind her to make sure that Dami made it, soon slinking into the shadows as soon as Sanggyun came over to talk to her.

 

~



When everyone came back it was close to evening time, and Dami was asleep on the bench, leaning against Sanggyun's shoulder. "Welcome back guys," said Sanggyun. "When did she fall asleep?" Asked Eunwoo. "A few hours ago," said Sanggyun. "We got back just in time," said Moonbin as they heard a train horn. Sanggyun woke up Dami, who jolted, sitting up when the train horn sounded again.

"Oh," said Dami when she noticed everyone, blushing at having been asleep in their presence. Everyone chuckled at her antics. "We're heading home now," said Eunwoo. "Okay," said Dami as the train arrived. After getting their boarding passes scanned everyone got on the train and went to find their seats.

"We'll talk about what you learned today tomorrow," said Eunwoo as he sat with Dami. "I'm fine with that," said Dami. "I want to process everything first," she said. "I'll let you know when I am ready to talk," she said. "Alright," said Eunwoo.