Epilogue

A Tale of Two 'Shifters

"Do we really need to do this?" Asked Dami as she was blindfolded while being led by Rocky somewhere. "Don't worry," said Rocky. "You've done great," he said. "And it's just you and I for the moment," he said. "We're going down some steps so be careful," he said as he helped her down the front porch steps after he closed the front door. "Why are we outside?" Asked Dami. "You'll see," said Rocky as he led her over to the garden. "Okay, remove the blindfold," he said, stopping in front of the garden.

Dami removed the blindfold, gasping in surprise as she recognized where they were. "Moonbin let me use it?" She asked as she noticed some bags of soil and flowers sitting off to the side. "Yes," said Rocky. "Since it's nearing summer the flowers will be beautiful this time of year I hear," he said. "Can we start on it now?" Asked Dami as she looked excited. "Yes, we can start it now," Rocky said, chuckling at her antics. Dami rushed over to the garden right away and Rocky went to help her plant things, having made sure their schedule was cleared for the day.

Eunwoo walked over with some iced tea a couple hours later, shaking his head at their antics. "Come get something to drink," he called, placing the tray down. "You're awake!" Said Dami as she wiped off her hands before walking over to grab her cup. Eunwoo rubbed the back of his neck as he looked sheepish. "Sorry, very long night," he said. Rocky chuckled some as he walked over and grabbed his cup, taking a sip.

"How's the coffee shop been?" Asked Eunwoo. "Busy as ever," said Rocky. "Activity seems to pick up since the second team became permanent employees," said Rocky as he shrugged. "That includes?" Asked Eunwoo. "Chunji, Jeongwoo, Ricky, Dami and I," said Rocky. "We work every other day," he said. "Of course, it changes when everyone is out," he added. "Ah," said Eunwoo. "Moonbin and Chanwoo need a break," he said. "And the werewolves have been sent out a lot more," he added.

"Jinwoo and Sanha have it the worst I think," said Rocky. "Their mates are both out of the country," he said. "Ah, same with Chanwoo," said Eunwoo. "And Ricky," he added. "But at least they got a vacation," he said. "Moonbin gave them a few weeks off," said Rocky. "Yep," said Eunwoo as he studied the progress of the garden.

"Want to help?" Asked Dami. "Why not," said Eunwoo as he put his cup down on the tray before going to help. Rocky and Dami put their drinks down before going to finish working on the garden, having fun as they did so.

Wooseok came over with Jinhyuk while everyone was taking a break, sitting on some stools that Eunwoo had brought out. "Hey guys," said Wooseok. "Hello," said Eunwoo. Rocky waved and Dami nodded in greeting.

"What brings you over?" Asked Eunwoo. "We'll be heading home now," said Wooseok. "Everyone had already gone back, we were just coming to say goodbye," he said. "Where is your territory anyway? We might come for a visit," said Eunwoo. "Would you believe me if I said in the southeastern US?" Asked Wooseok.

"No way, you?" Asked Rocky. Wooseok laughs. "That's where we settled down ever since arriving in the US," he said. "We're in the mountains of ia," he said. "Easy to stay out of view of the humans, and we have so much land we don't have to worry about too much human interaction," he said. "Ah," said Eunwoo. "We're not too far from a grocery store though," said Wooseok. "But that's fine with us," he said.

"Don't overwork yourself you hear?" Asked Jinhyuk. "Now that you retired you need to settle down," he said, putting a hand on Rocky's shoulder. "Yes mom," grumbled Rocky, earning a snicker from Eunwoo as Dami giggled. Jinhyuk sighed, shaking his head before grinning. "Just be happy, the three of you," he said. "You needed this, I'm sure," he added. "And Dami needs you to not be gone all the time," he said. "I know," said Rocky. "Working at the coffee shop is a piece of cake compared to before, trust me," he said. Jinhyuk nodded.

"Don't overwork yourself either hyung," said Eunwoo as he turned to Wooseok. "You're alpha of two packs now, and from Moonbin's experience, it was hard on him for the first few years," he said. Wooseok blinked. "That's the first time you've called me that," he said, shaking his head. "But, yeah, I won't either," he said. "We'll go then," he said, nodding. "Have fun," he said.

Eunwoo got up and hugged Wooseok. "Come for a visit soon yeah?" He asked. Wooseok looked shocked before hugging Eunwoo back. "Yeah, same to you," he said, moving away. Eunwoo nodded, grinning. "Take care of her," said Wooseok. "We will," said Eunwoo. Wooseok nodded.

Jinhyuk turned to Rocky. "I'm not going to get all sappy here but," he said, chuckling slightly. "Just stay safe, be happy," he said. "Who knows, I'll be an uncle some day," he said, grinning. Rocky scratched the back of his head. "You always liked kids," he said. "Hey, you were the cutest kid," said Jinhyuk and Rocky lightly punched him, blushing. "I'm not cute damn it," Rocky grumbled, as everyone laughed.

"We'll be off then," said Wooseok. "We'll see each other soon enough," he said. Eunwoo nodded. "We will," he said. "I'd like to go to the states," said Dami. "We'll go next time everyone is here," said Eunwoo. Wooseok nodded and waved before leaving with Jinhyuk.

"Well," said Eunwoo as he turned back to the garden. "We're almost done with it," said Rocky as he examined their progress. "Yes," said Dami. "Thank you, for helping me," she said. "No problem," said Eunwoo. Rocky nodded in agreement.

"Well, let's toast," said Eunwoo as he held up his cup. "To us, and our future," he said. "To us!" Said Rocky. "And our future," said Dami as she bumped cups with Eunwoo and Rocky.