Prologue

Kissing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcomeee” Jiyoung greeted as she heard the doorbell of her flower shop ring. Flashing her most genuine smile, she put the flowers in her hand aside for a second to greet the customer. 


“Oh my goodness. Do people not like flowers these days? Why is it so hard to---“ Junhee’s eyes caught the sight of the girl that was standing by the counter—halting her rambles. Her eyebrows shot up as she softened her gaze, “Oh hello there, young lady. May I speak to your boss?”


At the request, Jiyoung was flustered, “Oh, you can speak to me. This is my shop.”


“Oh but you’re… young. Are you sure I can rely on you to provide me the best flowers?” Junhee softly asked, careful not to sound as if she was underestimating  the young girl. 


Jiyoung smiled, “Of course. I grew up taking care of them.” She gazed at the flowers dearly, “You can have a look first.” She smiled assuringly before focusing back onto the flowers in hand. 


Junhee eyed the young girl, trying to figure out if she could really trust the girl with her upcoming orders. As a flower enthusiast, she wouldn’t want to be disappointed since she needed a new florist after her personal florist decided to quit. 


“So, how may I help you?” Jiyoung averted her gaze onto Junhee, carefully placing the new stock of Ivory on its rack.

 
Junhee inhaled the whole interior of the shop, “I’m actually very desperate right now. Your shop is the only one I could find in this neighbourhood. So, by all means,” she clasped her hands before turning around to look at Jiyoung, “I need a florist. A personal one, actually.”


Jiyoung gave it a thought, “How regular am I supposed to work for you, if I may ask?”


Junhee thought for a second, “Well actually, you can just send someone else. The schedule can be quite tough, you know. I live for my flowers. So I need my florist by my side almost all the time.” 


“Oh. That’s bad. I work alone.” Jiyoung said monotonously. “But what if I just work from here? You know, Im a hardworking---“


DANG DANG DANG


The two females turned their head towards the source of the sound, witnessing the door being opened to the maximum as 3 men came into the shop--- the bell harshly ringing above them. Jiyoung paled at the situation. Why did they have to come when she finally had a customer?


“Oi young girl. I told you to evacuate, didn’t I?” The man in the middle gruffly said, effortlessly slapping a bouquet of flower in his sight—causing a sharp crashing sound. 


Jiyoung was panicking as she apologetically gazed at the woman beside her, “I thought I have 2 weeks more? Please don’t do this I beg you.”

 

The guy on the left was shaking his head as he started walking along the rack of flowers, lazily dragging his hand to push the vases of flowers off of their rack. “Did you not read the paper? You have to leave 2 weeks before the evacuation date . We’re starting the selling process now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter