One

Home?

English is not my first language (it’s my third actually) so I’m sorry for any mistakes T-T
Let’s start with the first chap!

Jeno and Jaemin are hybrids! You can find their breeds at the end!

 

******************************************************

 

 

„Dad!“ Mark screeched as he ran to his father. His wobbly legs moved as fast as he could while his arms carried his favorite stuffed cat.

“Careful!” Taeyong exclaimed as Mark rushed past him and slammed his toy on the coffee table.

“Dad, look what Nana did!” Johnny saw how his son’s eyes filled themselves with tears as he showed his torn cat. The father sat his son on his lap and tried to comfort him by rubbing his back and promising him to buy a new one.

“Oh, no sweety, I’m sorry!” Yuta said and watched his hybrids as they hid behind the door, trying to be invisible.

“Jaemin, come here.” he said softly and held an arm out. Said puppy let out a pitiful whine and walked to his hyung.

 

“Why did you do that?” Yuta asked with a frown on his face as Jeno hid behind Taeyong’s legs.  

“Jeno wanted to play with it but Mark didn’t want to share!” fat tears were rolling over his cheeks, his ears were flopped down and his tail was tucked between his legs. Sighing, Yuta opened his arms and the puppy ran towards him.

“Did you ask Mark why he didn’t want to share?” Jaemin shook his head snuggled deeper into his embrace.

“It was my favorite!”

“I’m sorry.” Jaemin turned around and looked apologetically at his friend. “I’ll buy you a new one!”

“I’ll help you. Taeyong hyung gave me some pocket money!” Jeno’s ears perked up as he eyed his friend cautiously.

“Hyung, can we buy a new one?” Jaemin used his cutes puppy eyes since he knew that Taeyong couldn’t resist them.

“Of course, we can.” the pink haired man nodded and smiled as he observed the three friends laughing and running back to Mark’s room.

 

 

“Kids.” Yuta snorted and shook his head.

“They are a handful but we love them, right?” Johnny really meant what he said. Usually, Mark was a really bubbly child, kind hearted and didn’t cause any problems. But every time he was united with his hybrid friends, trouble was sure to follow. Johnny knew that Jaemin and Jeno were wilder than his son, since the hybrids instincts and hormones got the better of them. But he still loved the two although he couldn’t understand how patient his friends could be.

 

 

“Johnny, did you think about our idea yet?” Taeyong asked softly and sat next to his boyfriend, snuggling to his side. Johnny sighed deeply and shook his head. Mark’s birthday was in a few weeks and the boy was keen on getting a hybrid as a playmate.

“I’m still sometimes overwhelmed with Mark…I’m not ready for a hybrid yet.” Another sigh left his mouth as he reached for his mug and took a big sip of his coffee. “I want him to be happy…you know why but I really can’t fulfill his wish.” Yuta nodded knowingly and smiled at his big friend.

“I know Mark wants a playmate but maybe you can look out for an adult hybrid? Someone who could take care of Mark and help you?” Johnny immediately shook his head.

“I can’t trust Mark with anyone. Also, you both know better than me that hybrids normally aren’t capable of doing many things. You two and our friends are the few people who actually teach them things and treat them equally.” Taeyong nodded with a frown but perked up, as he heard Jeno’s cry.

“Nana bit my ear!”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Bye!” Mark waved at his friends as Johnny closed the door. Tiredly, he put his arms out, signalizing his dad, that he wanted to be carried.

“Did you have fun, buddy?” Johnny walked to the living room and plopped down on the sofa causing the little boy to giggle.

“I’m hungry.” Johnny tickled Mark’s chubby tummy while the boy tried to break free and screeched as loudly as he could.

“Ok, ok. What do you want to eat?” He groaned internally thinking about cooking at this hour but he tried to keep his smile straight.

“Pizza?” Mark tried to copy Jaemin’s puppy eyes, being to innocent to realize that he indeed was missing the puppy features. Johnny smiled fondly at his son’s big brown eyes. How could he say no to the joy of his life? He quickly looked at his watch and pondered a bit since it was pretty late for a four-year-old but nodded at the end.

“But we have to hurry, your bedtime is nearing.” Mark squealed happily and sprang up to run to his room, of course after pulling his pants up and wiggling his bottom at the process.

 

 

Five minutes later the father-son duo was walking next to each other, hurrying to their favorite diner. Johnny wanted to take the car, although the diner was only few blocks away, just to be faster but Mark insisted on walking. Little did Johnny know that his son was trying to push his bed time as far as possible.

 

 

“Dad, we need to buy a new kitty!” Mark dropped his slice onto his plate, eyes as big as saucers. “I can’t sleep without it.” Johnny groaned for the hundredth time that day and nodded tiredly. He knew that Mark indeed couldn’t sleep without it, remembering their last trip to Jeju-Island when they forgot it at home. He shuddered a bit at the memory and wiped Mark’s mouth, ready to pay and hurry to the next toy store.

 

 

 

***

 

 

It was 9 pm and Johnny was close to lose it. Mark was whining and tugging at Johnny’s pants, demanding to be hold. The experienced dad knew that his son was getting cranky since he was getting tired and they couldn’t find a damn stuffed animal to his pleasure!

“Hey, Mark look this one looks like your kitty, doesn’t it?” Mark didn’t even spare a glance before shaking his head. Johnny took a deep breath and counted to ten before he opened his eyes and wiped his son’s tear strained cheeks.

“How about going home now and going to the big store tomorrow? You know, your favorite place!” Mark rubbed his nose with his sleeve smearing snot across his cheeks and nodded tiredly. Proudly, Johnny put his son down and patted his bottom, then offered his hand as they walked out. The sun was down for a long time now causing the pair to shiver as they stepped out. The fresh air seemed to waken the boy up since he tugged at his father’s hand, trying to lead the way.

 

 

They walked silently with Mark humming for a few minutes until Johnny’s phone rang. The man let go of his son’s hand to search for his phone and answered it with a small smile after he read the ID. Mark skipped next to his father watching the passersby and sang his favorite song. His father was talking animatedly and ignored his son’s attempts of talking much to the latter’s displease. So, when mark saw a little cat meowing at his right, he decided to follow it, unintentionally scaring it and causing it to bolt away. Laughing loudly, he chased it despite hearing his father’s shout.

 

 

“Kitty, wait!” his short legs couldn’t keep up with the pace of the flexible cat. Only a few steps later he realized that he was lost.

“Dad?” Mark shouted as he tried to make out something in the dark alley. Only an old lamppost was working and wasn’t providing enough light for the little boy to see anything.

“DAD!” he screamed at the top of his lungs before a sob escaped his trebling lips. His father always told him to never run off but he still did it and lost his das now. He cried bitterly, and flinched extremely when something next to him moved.

“Don’t cry.” a barely audible voice was heard and Mark quickly turned around, looking into green eyes. A louder sob left his mouth at the sight of the scary eyes but the mysterious boy slowly kneeled down and pulled his hood off, revealing two black ears at the top of his head.

“You’re a kitty!” Mark exclaimed surprised and ran toward the boy, causing him to flinch. Ten’s tail was tensed and he tried to suppress a hiss as the boy stopped directly in front of him. He knew that his chances against the boy were high but he still couldn’t trust any human. Even the smallest and cutest ones were bad.

 

 

“What’s your name?” the boy tilted his head to the side and watched the cat’s features with curious eyes.

“I’m Ten and who are you?” Ten didn’t know much about the human’s life but he was sure that children shouldn’t be out alone at nights.

“I’m Mark and I’m four.” he said proudly showing three fingers into Ten’s face. The hybrid smiled a bit but frowned as he saw Mark’s glance at his tail.

“Your tail is so cool! My friend Jeno is also a cat hybrid but he doesn’t have a tail. Yours look so pretty. Can I touch it?” Ten blinked a few times pondering about it since cats didn’t like it but the boy was sad. Sighing he poked Mark’s cubby hands with the tip of his tail and flinched a bit when the boy took it with a happy squeal. Thankfully, he didn’t squeeze it! He just petted it, turned and twisted his hands with shining eyes.

 

 

“MARK!” Ten heard a loud shout and felt adrenalin pumping through his veins at the sight of a build man running to them. Without thinking the cat jumped up and pushed the small boy behind him. Mark was young, he didn’t know how to defend himself so, Ten had to fight for both of them. But before he could scratch his opponent, Mark jumped with a cry and ran to the man, forgetting to release Ten’s tail. The tall man kneeled down and took the boy in his arms.

“How many times did I tell you to stay by my side? What if something happened to you?” Johnny tried to sound sternly but he was just relieved to find his son without injuries. Only after kissing his son multiple times, he realized that a short man was standing rather defensively behind his son. He cocked his head to the side and wondered why the man was glaring at him.

“Put the boy down!” Ten snarled and saw how the man’s eyes widened in the same way like the boy’s. To Johnny’s surprise Mark asked to be let down and turned to the hybrid.

“It’s ok, Ten hyung. He’s my dad. I ran off earlier.” he sounded sheepishly, still holding onto Ten’s tail. Said boy nodded and tried to free himself to run off. Since he was sure that the man wouldn’t harm Mark, his adrenalin vanished and pure fear took its place.

 

 

Johnny sensed the man’s discomfort and took a step back.

“Thank you for taking care of my son.” he said earnestly and tried to stop his son from whining. Ten simply nodded and avoided any eye contact.

“Uh, Mark can you let go off me please?” Ten was trying to slow his heart rate down while pointing to his tail.

“No, I like you please don’t go.” Johnny hugged his son and pinched his adorable cheeks.

“Mark, Ten needs to go home, too.” he said softly and watched his son pout deeply.

“Do you have to go home? Where do you live?” Mark asked sadly and squeezed his tail tighter in order to grab him better. Ten’s shoulders slumped and an unwanted whine left his throat. His ears flattened down and his tail shivered. Damn them instincts!

“I don’t have a home.” he whispered out of fear of being punished if he lied.

“You don’t have a home?” Mark asked unbelieving, having a matching expression like his dad. Just now Johnny noticed his worn out clothes and shrunken cheeks.

“Are you a stray?” he asked cautiously since he couldn’t see a collar on him. The small man nodded pitifully and tried to free his tail for the fifth time.

“Dad, can we take him? Please I want to take him home!” Johnny gave Mark a stern glance.

“You don’t ‘take’ people, Mark. He isn’t your object, you can’t take him with you.” Ten frowned confusedly at the sentence. He was a hybrid, lower than humans, of course they could take him!

 

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. Do you want to come with us? We have a big house and you can play with me and Jaemin and Jeno!” he stopped whining and jumped excitedly. “Please hyung, pretty please!” Ten couldn’t look at Johnny’s face, scared that the big man would harm him but he also couldn’t find the heart to say no to Mark. He hesitated long enough for Johnny to understand. He wanted to help the cat since he helped Mark, but he was clearly scared of him.

“How about you coming over for tonight to eat something and take a shower? You could leave after.” He whispered the last part and pointed at Mark, who squealed loudly and didn’t hear his father’s last words. Ten bit his lips but nodded reluctantly.

“YAY! Come on, follow me!” the boy screamed and walked as fast as he could with one hand clasping his father’s hand and the other Ten’s tail.

 

 

********************************

 

Bombay Ten

Welsh Corgi Jaemin

Manx Jeno